CNBC: Democrats quickly call for tighter gun laws after Las Vegas shooting massacre

Senators, including some who once voted against an assault-weapon ban are jumping on the gun control band-wagon.

The "assault weapons" which were the target of yesterday's gun-ban advocates were not in fact assault weapons but ordinary semi-automatic sporting rifles that look like real assault weapons, the critical difference being the primary characteristic of any true assault weapon is fully automatic function. What today's (Las Vegas) shooter used is a true, fully automatic assault weapon.

While time and circumstances have caught up with and corrected a critically ignorant mistake the important point in this distinction is the true assault weapon has always been illegal. What yesterday's ignorant gun-ban advocates were calling for was a stupidly redundant effort to ban ordinary semi-automatic sporting rifles (e.g., AR-15, etc) -- which are not assault weapons.
Lying fuck, any gun that you can fire 30 times in under 10 seconds is an assault weapon, not a sporting rifle. And you can convert it to full automatic easily.
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about you sorry fuck.
There is no way you make a military grade weapon out of an over the counter sporting rifle, you stupid motherfucker.

Same old story you silly motherfuckers are lighting your hair on fire… Give it a few days America will move on, as it should.
Youre an idiot. It doesnt have to be military grade to shoot full auto. There are a million videos on how to convert a semi to an auto on the internet.

Obviously you have not watched the video you posted... you gullible motherfucker. Lol

In the light of the events in Las Cegas, no one is doing a "happy dance", especially gun control advocates. We do not traffic in schadenfreude. That despicable trait is the province of those who refuse to recognize the havoc automatic weapons bring to our streets.

What's the purpose of a machine gun? It is not designed for sporting purposes. It is designed exclusively to kill as many humans as quickly as possible. No one can justify their ownership among civilians. Such weapons belong in the hands of a well regulated militia, not on American streets.
Did you read what I wrote? Or are you so overwhelmed by your anti-gun passion none of it matters. If so, please be advised that automatic weapons have been illegal for quite some time.

So what else would you suggest we do about them?
Since there are millions of them out there right now, it would be impossible to collect them all. Simply require anyone that has an assault weapon, semi-auto, off their property to have the same license as is required for a fully auto .45 Thompson. You have the gun, and not the license off your own property, you have committed a felony, serve time, have all your guns seized and destroyed, and can never own or legally carry a firearm again. That law would do the trick.

Senators, including some who once voted against an assault-weapon ban are jumping on the gun control band-wagon.

The "assault weapons" which were the target of yesterday's gun-ban advocates were not in fact assault weapons but ordinary semi-automatic sporting rifles that look like real assault weapons, the critical difference being the primary characteristic of any true assault weapon is fully automatic function. What today's (Las Vegas) shooter used is a true, fully automatic assault weapon.

While time and circumstances have caught up with and corrected a critically ignorant mistake the important point in this distinction is the true assault weapon has always been illegal. What yesterday's ignorant gun-ban advocates were calling for was a stupidly redundant effort to ban ordinary semi-automatic sporting rifles (e.g., AR-15, etc) -- which are not assault weapons.
Lying fuck, any gun that you can fire 30 times in under 10 seconds is an assault weapon, not a sporting rifle. And you can convert it to full automatic easily.
There is no way you make a military grade weapon out of an over the counter sporting rifle, you stupid motherfucker.

Same old story you silly motherfuckers are lighting your hair on fire… Give it a few days America will move on, as it should.
Youre an idiot. It doesnt have to be military grade to shoot full auto. There are a million videos on how to convert a semi to an auto on the internet.

:dig:
:lmao:
Did you watch your video all the way through? Obviously not, you are one gullible motherfucker. Please punch yourself in the face.. after you watch your video you posted in full.. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

No thanks. I dont punch myself in the face like you often do. Here you can pick a video if you didnt like the one I posted.

Obviously you have not watched the video you posted... you gullible motherfucker. Lol

Go to sleep kid. The adults are talking.

Did you watch your video all the way through? Obviously not, you are one gullible motherfucker. Please punch yourself in the face.. after you watch your video you posted in full.. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

No thanks. I dont punch myself in the face like you often do. Here you can pick a video if you didnt like the one I posted.

Have you watched these videos you are posting... obviously not

Go to sleep kid. The adults are talking.

Boy, are you watching any of those videos you're posting? You silly motherfucker… LOL

No. But I told you to pick any of the videos you wanted. Not my fault you want me to watch the videos in order to help you understand them.

No American civilian needs a steenkin' machine gun.

They're illegal to own.
Not in Las Vegas Pinky.
Well, we will see if Mr. Paddock had a Class 3 license. If he did, then he was perfectly legal to own and carry the weapon.

Or it could have modified
The debate is legality...it is HIGHLY illegal to alter firearms in a way that makes them fully auto unless you have acquired the correct license.
Wrong

How to Make Your Gun Shoot Like It’s Fully Automatic—in One Easy Step – Mother Jones

That’s because, despite enabling rapid fire that mimics a fully automatic weapon, Slide Fire doesn’t appear to violate the production ban in the National Firearms Act. The law only regulates weapons that are designed to shoot “automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading.” The way the Slide Fire works, as Cottle explained to Guns America, makes it easier for semi-automatic gun owners to do what they’ve been doing anyway: “bump firing,” which is where you simulate automatic firing by rocking the gun against the trigger finger. (This practice can also lead to highly inaccurate shooting.)

The Slide Fire helps shooters increase their accuracy and number of rounds—without actually firing automatically. “You actively fire every round, and if you stop pushing forward or you take your finger off the trigger the gun stops firing. It just helps you fire the gun in semiautomatic very fast,” Cottle told the magazine.

A letter from the ATF on Slide Fire’s website certifies the part’s legality for exactly that reason. According to the letter, Slide Fire told ATF that the stock “is intended to assist persons whose hands have limited mobility.” So, basically, if you are missing a hand and need to fire a gun like Capone, the Slide Fire is for you.

Coulson, the ATF spokesman, confirmed the stock does not violate any national laws, and Stephen Halbrook, an attorney who has represented gun companies and the NRA, says “if it was even borderline illegal, ATF would have told them, no, you can’t market it. I’ve met the guys there and they’re very strict.” In 2006, the ATF revoked its approval of a strikingly similar piece, the Akins Accelerator. But the Akins Accelerator, unlike the Slide Fire, included a recoil spring in its design. (It has since been successfully relaunched without the spring.)

No. But I told you to pick any of the videos you wanted. Not my fault you want me to watch the videos in order to help you understand them.

Boy, do me a favor and watch one of those videos you posted… You will soon realize the fool you are…

The extremist right is terrified; the first thought of many was NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO....., not realistic but comprehending the horror makes many of us....without words or any desire to think of 'political points'. Not so the extreme right, OBVIOUSLY, threads about the killer being a DNC member, merely a Democrat, and the old stand by, the popular vote winner in 2016, CLINTON, abound. Sad some do not feel the pain of our nation today.

If someone is hell bent on mass murder they will find a weapon.
True but if you make automatic weapons and their ammo harder to acquire that will cut down on deaths.
Boy, you live in a fantasy world
I live in reality. Its a proven scientific fact that a human cant fire as quickly as an automatic weapon. Even the top gun professionals cant keep pace after 5 seconds.
Na, have you ever tried to hit anything accurately on full auto?
Seems someone hit almost 600 humans last night with a fully automatic last night.

At least not every publication is politicising it.

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

http://www.theonion.com

LAS VEGAS—In the hours following a violent rampage in Las Vegas in which a lone attacker killed more than 50 individuals and seriously injured 400 others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Monday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Iowa resident Kyle Rimmels, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep these individuals from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what they really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”
There is a way, and that is to limit the media liars from spreading their filth and limit liberals teaching kids in school..

They're illegal to own.
Not in Las Vegas Pinky.
Well, we will see if Mr. Paddock had a Class 3 license. If he did, then he was perfectly legal to own and carry the weapon.

The debate is legality...it is HIGHLY illegal to alter firearms in a way that makes them fully auto unless you have acquired the correct license.
Wrong

How to Make Your Gun Shoot Like It’s Fully Automatic—in One Easy Step – Mother Jones

That’s because, despite enabling rapid fire that mimics a fully automatic weapon, Slide Fire doesn’t appear to violate the production ban in the National Firearms Act. The law only regulates weapons that are designed to shoot “automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading.” The way the Slide Fire works, as Cottle explained to Guns America, makes it easier for semi-automatic gun owners to do what they’ve been doing anyway: “bump firing,” which is where you simulate automatic firing by rocking the gun against the trigger finger. (This practice can also lead to highly inaccurate shooting.)

The Slide Fire helps shooters increase their accuracy and number of rounds—without actually firing automatically. “You actively fire every round, and if you stop pushing forward or you take your finger off the trigger the gun stops firing. It just helps you fire the gun in semiautomatic very fast,” Cottle told the magazine.

A letter from the ATF on Slide Fire’s website certifies the part’s legality for exactly that reason. According to the letter, Slide Fire told ATF that the stock “is intended to assist persons whose hands have limited mobility.” So, basically, if you are missing a hand and need to fire a gun like Capone, the Slide Fire is for you.

Coulson, the ATF spokesman, confirmed the stock does not violate any national laws, and Stephen Halbrook, an attorney who has represented gun companies and the NRA, says “if it was even borderline illegal, ATF would have told them, no, you can’t market it. I’ve met the guys there and they’re very strict.” In 2006, the ATF revoked its approval of a strikingly similar piece, the Akins Accelerator. But the Akins Accelerator, unlike the Slide Fire, included a recoil spring in its design. (It has since been successfully relaunched without the spring.)
Fool, that does not make it military grade you silly fucker…

Boy, do me a favor and watch one of those videos you posted… You will soon realize the fool you are…

no thanks. I know theyre easy to convert like anyone else that has ever touched a weapon knows.

No American civilian needs freedom of speech...
Dumb fucking ass, the 2nd amendment is not absolute. The government controls who can legally own fully automatic weapons. And that has not affected my right to own the firearms I own. The assault weapons are easily modified to have an effective full auto fire rate. They should never have been allowed to be sold to civilians. Vegas was the inevitable result of millions of those being in civilian hands.
How many times do you have to be told? they are not easily converted you stupid ass motherfucker… LOL
How many times are you going to knowingly lie about this?

Not in Las Vegas Pinky.

Wrong

Fool, that does not make it military grade you silly fucker…
Hey dummy. It doesnt have to be military grade to be full auto.

No American civilian needs freedom of speech...
Dumb fucking ass, the 2nd amendment is not absolute. The government controls who can legally own fully automatic weapons. And that has not affected my right to own the firearms I own. The assault weapons are easily modified to have an effective full auto fire rate. They should never have been allowed to be sold to civilians. Vegas was the inevitable result of millions of those being in civilian hands.
How many times do you have to be told? they are not easily converted you stupid ass motherfucker… LOL
How many times are you going to knowingly lie about this?
Key word is knowingly. Rustic doesnt know shit.

If someone is hell bent on mass murder they will find a weapon.
True but if you make automatic weapons and their ammo harder to acquire that will cut down on deaths.
Boy, you live in a fantasy world
I live in reality. Its a proven scientific fact that a human cant fire as quickly as an automatic weapon. Even the top gun professionals cant keep pace after 5 seconds.
Na, have you ever tried to hit anything accurately on full auto?
Seems someone hit almost 600 humans last night with a fully automatic last night.
Shit happens, what are your chances of dying from someone using an AR type firearm.
That makes no sense to punish law-abiding people for some fucking nutter...

no thanks. I know theyre easy to convert like anyone else that has ever touched a weapon knows.

You need a machine shop with the expertise to convert them... numb nuts

They're illegal to own.
Not in Las Vegas Pinky.

Wrong

Very true, there is no alteration to the weapon itself...technically legal. Bump fire your ass off...lol. I wonder if they make those for the AK?

Forum List

Back