CNBC: Democrats quickly call for tighter gun laws after Las Vegas shooting massacre

If someone is hell bent on mass murder they will find a weapon.
True but if you make automatic weapons and their ammo harder to acquire that will cut down on deaths.
Boy, you live in a fantasy world
I live in reality. Its a proven scientific fact that a human cant fire as quickly as an automatic weapon. Even the top gun professionals cant keep pace after 5 seconds.
:lmao:
Na, have you ever tried to hit anything accurately on full auto?
You dont have to be accurate to fire a machine gun or a shot gun. You just point in the general direction.
So you are stupider than you look. You watch far too many Hollywood movies.
I'll let you get back to your safe space… Boy

It's next to impossible to acquire an automatic now. Did you mean semi automatic?
You are naive. Its extremely easy to get one. I can have a fully automatic weapon in my possession in 45 minutes tops.
Seems to me like that's an indictment of firearms laws more than anything else.
In a way it is. Criminals by nature dont obey laws so making guns illegal only changes the culture of the law abiding citizens. I'm curious as to how successful this new ammo law will be in Cali but I fear it may end up being the same thing.
I can't imagine it wouldn't set up a black market, just like all other prohibition laws do.
Bingo. Meanwhile the ammo and gun companies are making money hand over fist from Cali residents stocking up.
Basically making the problem worse?

I've long argued that that is exactly what the left does by pushing for gun control.

Senators, including some who once voted against an assault-weapon ban are jumping on the gun control band-wagon.

The "assault weapons" which were the target of yesterday's gun-ban advocates were not in fact assault weapons but ordinary semi-automatic sporting rifles that look like real assault weapons, the critical difference being the primary characteristic of any true assault weapon is fully automatic function. What today's (Las Vegas) shooter used is a true, fully automatic assault weapon.

While time and circumstances have caught up with and corrected a critically ignorant mistake the important point in this distinction is the true assault weapon has always been illegal. What yesterday's ignorant gun-ban advocates were calling for was a stupidly redundant effort to ban ordinary semi-automatic sporting rifles (e.g., AR-15, etc) -- which are not assault weapons.
Lying fuck, any gun that you can fire 30 times in under 10 seconds is an assault weapon, not a sporting rifle. And you can convert it to full automatic easily.

True but if you make automatic weapons and their ammo harder to acquire that will cut down on deaths.
I live in reality. Its a proven scientific fact that a human cant fire as quickly as an automatic weapon. Even the top gun professionals cant keep pace after 5 seconds.
You dont have to be accurate to fire a machine gun or a shot gun. You just point in the general direction.
Sounds like you are the stupid one. You cant see me and you lack the intelligence to challenge me to risk prison for you. :laugh:

Really?
Ok, lets see
I dont plan on going to prison for your amusement. Just take my word.
Walk your talk... lets see
No thanks. You may be an idiot but I'm not.
Prove it, lets see
You fuckers say its so easy to get fully auto military grade weapons, show us. Lets see your credibility...
Too bad what you consider credible is irrelevant to me.
Just as I thought, all talk... lol

You are naive. Its extremely easy to get one. I can have a fully automatic weapon in my possession in 45 minutes tops.
In a way it is. Criminals by nature dont obey laws so making guns illegal only changes the culture of the law abiding citizens. I'm curious as to how successful this new ammo law will be in Cali but I fear it may end up being the same thing.
I can't imagine it wouldn't set up a black market, just like all other prohibition laws do.
Bingo. Meanwhile the ammo and gun companies are making money hand over fist from Cali residents stocking up.

I've long argued that that is exactly what the left does by pushing for gun control.
I think the Dems are naive. They dont have intimate knowledge of how easy it is to get a gun. Now ammo may be a different story so thats why I am waiting to see. However, its probably easier in the long run for someone to make the ammo anyway so an ammo law may only work for a couple of years.

No American civilian needs a steenkin' machine gun.
No American civilian needs freedom of speech...
Dumb fucking ass, the 2nd amendment is not absolute. The government controls who can legally own fully automatic weapons. And that has not affected my right to own the firearms I own. The assault weapons are easily modified to have an effective full auto fire rate. They should never have been allowed to be sold to civilians. Vegas was the inevitable result of millions of those being in civilian hands.

I dont plan on going to prison for your amusement. Just take my word.
Walk your talk... lets see
No thanks. You may be an idiot but I'm not.
Prove it, lets see
You fuckers say its so easy to get fully auto military grade weapons, show us. Lets see your credibility...
Too bad what you consider credible is irrelevant to me.
Just as I thought, all talk... lol
Thats all we can do on the internet dummy.

Senators, including some who once voted against an assault-weapon ban are jumping on the gun control band-wagon.

The "assault weapons" which were the target of yesterday's gun-ban advocates were not in fact assault weapons but ordinary semi-automatic sporting rifles that look like real assault weapons, the critical difference being the primary characteristic of any true assault weapon is fully automatic function. What today's (Las Vegas) shooter used is a true, fully automatic assault weapon.

While time and circumstances have caught up with and corrected a critically ignorant mistake the important point in this distinction is the true assault weapon has always been illegal. What yesterday's ignorant gun-ban advocates were calling for was a stupidly redundant effort to ban ordinary semi-automatic sporting rifles (e.g., AR-15, etc) -- which are not assault weapons.
Lying fuck, any gun that you can fire 30 times in under 10 seconds is an assault weapon, not a sporting rifle. And you can convert it to full automatic easily.
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about you sorry fuck.
There is no way you make a military grade weapon out of an over the counter sporting rifle, you stupid motherfucker.

Same old story you silly motherfuckers are lighting your hair on fire… Give it a few days America will move on, as it should.

Source: CNBC.COM
Article: Democrat on Las Vegas shooting massacre: 'Time for Congress to get off its a-- and do something'

"Following the shooting, some top Democrats — often proponents of tighter restrictions on guns — urged the Republican-controlled Congress to take action to prevent similar mass shootings.

"This must stop. It is positively infuriating that my colleagues in Congress are so afraid of the gun industry that they pretend there aren't public policy responses to this epidemic," said Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., in a statement. "There are, and the thoughts and prayers of politicians are cruelly hollow if they are paired with continued legislative indifference. It's time for Congress to get off its a-- and do something.
"

Well it certainly didn't take long for the buzzards-D to form up and start picking the corpses clean of any politically advantageous morsels they could get their bloody beaks on.

One wonders why the Democrats didn't pass any of this gun control legislation back when they had a lock on Congress in 2009, guess there wasn't any political advantage in it for 'em then. :cool:

Why do democrats quickly politicize a tragedy when guns are involved while family's are grieving, or praying their loved ones to survive being shot? I'm a Vietnam veteran and the shots sounded to me like they came from a fully automatic AK-47, which is supposed to be banned by federal law! The achillies heel
Article: Democrat on Las Vegas shooting massacre: 'Time for Congress to get off its a-- and do something'

"Following the shooting, some top Democrats — often proponents of tighter restrictions on guns — urged the Republican-controlled Congress to take action to prevent similar mass shootings.

"This must stop. It is positively infuriating that my colleagues in Congress are so afraid of the gun industry that they pretend there aren't public policy responses to this epidemic," said Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., in a statement. "There are, and the thoughts and prayers of politicians are cruelly hollow if they are paired with continued legislative indifference. It's time for Congress to get off its a-- and do something.
"

Well it certainly didn't take long for the buzzards-D to form up and start picking the corpses clean of any politically advantageous morsels they could get their bloody beaks on.

One wonders why the Democrats didn't pass any of this gun control legislation back when they had a lock on Congress in 2009, guess there wasn't any political advantage in it for 'em then. :cool:

Ban machine guns!
Already done. Did it help?

Anyone who thinks bad guys, or terrorist's will pay attention to a "Gun Free Zone" sign, or not be able to obtain guns illegally, is pathetically naive!

Sounds like you are the stupid one. You cant see me and you lack the intelligence to challenge me to risk prison for you. :laugh:
I figured as much, You are not backing what you claim. LOL

There is no way you make a military grade weapon out of an over the counter sporting rifle, you stupid motherfucker.

Same old story you silly motherfuckers are lighting your hair on fire… Give it a few days America will move on, as it should.
Youre an idiot. It doesnt have to be military grade to shoot full auto. There are a million videos on how to convert a semi to an auto on the internet.

No American civilian needs a steenkin' machine gun.
No American civilian needs freedom of speech...
Dumb fucking ass, the 2nd amendment is not absolute. The government controls who can legally own fully automatic weapons. And that has not affected my right to own the firearms I own. The assault weapons are easily modified to have an effective full auto fire rate. They should never have been allowed to be sold to civilians. Vegas was the inevitable result of millions of those being in civilian hands.
How many times do you have to be told? they are not easily converted you stupid ass motherfucker… LOL

I figured as much, You are not backing what you claim. LOL
Youre no one to back anything to. It would be like me going out of my way to prove something to a inbred monkey.
laugh.gif

I think the Dems are naive. They dont have intimate knowledge of how easy it is to get a gun. Now ammo may be a different story so thats why I am waiting to see. However, its probably easier in the long run for someone to make the ammo anyway so an ammo law may only work for a couple of years.
The left really does a good job of sabotaging itself sometimes. This is one of those times, I think.

The left really does a good job of sabotaging itself sometimes. This is one of those times, I think.
Its not everyone on the left. I'm left but I have multiple weapons and enjoy shooting at the range.

Youre an idiot. It doesnt have to be military grade to shoot full auto. There are a million videos on how to convert a semi to an auto on the internet.

:dig:
Did you watch your video all the way through? Obviously not, you are one gullible motherfucker. Please punch yourself in the face.. after you watch your video you posted in full.. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Its not everyone on the left. I'm left but I have multiple weapons and enjoy shooting at the range.
Fair point, I didn't mean to broad brush there.

I have a few progressive friends with whom I disagree ideologically but respect because they realize the packaging within which they put the idea is at least as important as the ideas themselves.

"

Why do democrats quickly politicize a tragedy when guns are involved while family's are grieving, or praying their loved ones to survive being shot? I'm a Vietnam veteran and the shots sounded to me like they came from a fully automatic AK-47, which is supposed to be banned by federal law! The achilles heel of idea that we could more mass shooting by eliminating guns for anyone, is that terrorist's and bad guys will always find a way to get guns, explosives, etc.

Forum List

Back