CNBC: Democrats quickly call for tighter gun laws after Las Vegas shooting massacre

Do they really think any law will stop mass-shootings?
No.

How many mass shooting has Australia had since they banned guns? None.

How many mass shootings has the UK had since they banned guns. They've had one.

Yes, laws can really stop these things from happening.

Australia Admits Gun Control FAILURE; Announces Change

Wow, some day, Racist from Cleveland, you might even find a story from a legitimate source.

The thing is, it's kind of their job to know they are selling a deadly object to a nut.

It is? I've yet to know of a gun store that requires you to see the gun store psychiatrist before selling you a weapon.

Well, maybe they should. Heck, you have to get a note from your doctor before getting an allergy medication, maybe you should get a note from a shrink before you buy a gun.

I mean, I know that would suck for you, just reading your posts someone would mark you as crazy.

Sanders also voted in favor of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act of 2005, which provided some protections for licensed manufacturers, dealers, sellers of firearms or ammunition, and trade associations from civil lawsuits resulting from the misuse of firearms or ammunition. But gun makers and dealers did not receive a “total pass,” as Clinton claimed.

As the Congressional Research Service pointed out in a 2012 report, the legislation included six exceptions where civil suits could still be brought, including cases in which a firearm seller acted with negligence, cases involving the transfer of a firearm with the knowledge that it would be used to commit a crime, and cases in which manufacturers and sellers marketed or sold a firearm in violation of state or federal law.

How does any of that contradict what I just said.

Never mind, too much trouble to ask for logic from you.

Source: CNBC.COM
Article: Democrat on Las Vegas shooting massacre: 'Time for Congress to get off its a-- and do something'

"Following the shooting, some top Democrats — often proponents of tighter restrictions on guns — urged the Republican-controlled Congress to take action to prevent similar mass shootings.

"This must stop. It is positively infuriating that my colleagues in Congress are so afraid of the gun industry that they pretend there aren't public policy responses to this epidemic," said Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., in a statement. "There are, and the thoughts and prayers of politicians are cruelly hollow if they are paired with continued legislative indifference. It's time for Congress to get off its a-- and do something.
"

Well it certainly didn't take long for the buzzards-D to form up and start picking the corpses clean of any politically advantageous morsels they could get their bloody beaks on.

One wonders why the Democrats didn't pass any of this gun control legislation back when they had a lock on Congress in 2009, guess there wasn't any political advantage in it for 'em then. :cool:

anyone normal should call for sane gun regulation, numb nuts
We already have plenty of gun regulation
Maybe we should try enforcing those first huh?

Article: Democrat on Las Vegas shooting massacre: 'Time for Congress to get off its a-- and do something'

"Following the shooting, some top Democrats — often proponents of tighter restrictions on guns — urged the Republican-controlled Congress to take action to prevent similar mass shootings.

"This must stop. It is positively infuriating that my colleagues in Congress are so afraid of the gun industry that they pretend there aren't public policy responses to this epidemic," said Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., in a statement. "There are, and the thoughts and prayers of politicians are cruelly hollow if they are paired with continued legislative indifference. It's time for Congress to get off its a-- and do something.
"

Well it certainly didn't take long for the buzzards-D to form up and start picking the corpses clean of any politically advantageous morsels they could get their bloody beaks on.

One wonders why the Democrats didn't pass any of this gun control legislation back when they had a lock on Congress in 2009, guess there wasn't any political advantage in it for 'em then. :cool:

it's not the laws that are the problem.

it's the outdated background checks and what they're looking for.

nofly and terror watch lists i'd NEVER want to allow based on how they're used today. no due process and no way to fight them if they decide to put you on their super secret list of bad people.

"

nofly and terror watch lists i'd NEVER want to allow based on how they're used today. no due process and no way to fight them if they decide to put you on their super secret list of bad people.

So looking for convicted felons and the adjudicated mentally ill are outdated strategies?

"

So looking for convicted felons and the adjudicated mentally ill are outdated strategies?
should i make a list of people who used guns in mass shootings yet purchased them legally?

let's not make this something i never said. in texas, i can go to the pawn shop, buy a gun and just know to answer "no" to all but 1 question and don't even have to read them. they run my SSN and see whatever it is they see and i'm out the door with my gun a few minutes later.

you'd think with all the technology we have we'd have a better way to look, track, and review backgrounds.

but hey - fill out the paper and have a nice day.

The thing is, it's kind of their job to know they are selling a deadly object to a nut.

It is? I've yet to know of a gun store that requires you to see the gun store psychiatrist before selling you a weapon.

Well, maybe they should. Heck, you have to get a note from your doctor before getting an allergy medication, maybe you should get a note from a shrink before you buy a gun.

I mean, I know that would suck for you, just reading your posts someone would mark you as crazy.

s0n...........let me get this straight. You are nearing 100,000 posts on this site..........and you are telling people to go see a shrink? s0n.......go look up OCD......its a mental disorder. Comes under the umbrella of depression so dollar to a stale bagel somebody on some side of your family has some significant depression issues. That's the way it works............oh.........there are some magical pharmacological aides. Im in the field. Life can get a lot more enjoyable when the setting screws are right........seriously s0n.

Oh.....btw....is not over the counter stuff. Gotta go see a shrink first!!:deal::bye1::bye1:

I think the hotel would fight any attempt to sue and win. You would have to prove negligence on the hotels part.

I suspect they would settle because that would be cheaper than litigating.
I think they would fight it for two reasons. It could lead to an industry wide standard that would make going to the hotel like going through airport security and it would encourage more law suits while establishing a new level of responsibility. In the long run its not going to be cheaper.

Sure as soon you we can sue alcohol manufacturers for providing alcohol to drunk drivers who kill people.

We already do that. Not the manufacturers, but the sellers.

Here in IL, we have BASSET laws, where the bartenders are supposed to make sure that they aren't getting their customers so sloppy drunk they run over a bunch of kids.

Supposed to make sure. OK.

What about the liquor store clerk who sells 5 cases of beer and 2 handle bottles of Bourbon to a guy who then drinks himself blind drunk at home before he decides to drive to McDs for a Big Mac?

What about the liquor store clerk who sells 5 cases of beer and 2 handle bottles of Bourbon to a guy who then drinks himself blind drunk at home before he decides to drive to McDs for a Big Mac?

I don't know, maybe.

I think that when the gun industry sells someone enough guns to fight the Zombie Apocolypse and that person goes on a shooting rampage, someone should be held accountable.

I don't know, maybe.

I think that when the gun industry sells someone enough guns to fight the Zombie Apocolypse and that person goes on a shooting rampage, someone should be held accountable.

Yes the person who went on the rampage and only the person who went on the rampage should be held responsible.

Yes the person who went on the rampage and only the person who went on the rampage should be held responsible.

Well, we've tried that, and because most of these guys die during the course of the rampage, it's really not much of a deterent.

But I bet you if some gun seller who knew his customer was crazy and kept selling him bump stocks and 100 round clips was held responsible, they'd start looking at their customers a lot closer.

Well, we've tried that, and because most of these guys die during the course of the rampage, it's really not much of a deterent.

But I bet you if some gun seller who knew his customer was crazy and kept selling him bump stocks and 100 round clips was held responsible, they'd start looking at their customers a lot closer.

I refer you back to the liquor store analogy.
If the guy is legally allowed to buy liquor and can prove it the clerk has no reason not to sell to him. or do you propose that we enforce limits on the number of bottles of alcohol a person can buy?

If I owned a gun shop and a guy came in with all the correct permits and passed a background check when I called it in then I have done my due diligence

I refer you back to the liquor store analogy.
If the guy is legally allowed to buy liquor and can prove it the clerk has no reason not to sell to him. or do you propose that we enforce limits on the number of bottles of alcohol a person can buy?

Not really a good analogy, since liquor isn't designed to kill people and guns are.

If I owned a gun shop and a guy came in with all the correct permits and passed a background check when I called it in then I have done my due diligence

That's not good enough.

Look, here's the problem. the gun industry encourages this shit. 3% of the population has 50% of the guns. These are all ticking time bombs waiting to go off, and the gun industry doesn't care because those are their best customers.

Forum List

Back