Clue

Do you peeps understand the difference between current events and your dumbass opinions?:eusa_eh:

Like Atheism is a new topic. :cuckoo:

And no, putting the topic in teh subforum it belongs in is not marginalizing it just because it's not the first damned subforum in a linear list.

I've seen red bricks smarter than some of you dweebs.:eusa_eh:

:lol: :salute:

The other day I couldn't figure out where to start a new thread so I decided against making one.

Do you peeps understand the difference between current events and your dumbass opinions?:eusa_eh:

And no, putting the topic in teh subforum it belongs in is not marginalizing it just because it's not the first damned subforum in a linear list.

Call me stupid BUT wouldn't a NEW story, BY DEFINITION, be a current event? No matter what other thread it may be able to go in? If the answer is no then delete this sub forum as nothing belongs here.

No. A story being new does not make a topic current.

Call me stupid BUT wouldn't a NEW story, BY DEFINITION, be a current event? No matter what other thread it may be able to go in? If the answer is no then delete this sub forum as nothing belongs here.

RGS does have a point here, most people see "Current Events" and think what's in the news that day (not going to defend the idiots who post a news story from 2002 in here though) ... perhaps a more specific definition should be posted in a sticky, would that help you all out?

Most people on this board see Current Events as the first political subforum -- as in on top or more important -- and slam whatever their pet little issue is in it. Others are too lazy to scroll further down the page.

sometimes it depends on the person who is modding. I put a topic in current events (serial murder) it was moved by one mod to Discussion, then merged and lo and behold moved back to current events! I stay confused about "where" a lot of the time. It's a crap shoot.

The other day I couldn't figure out where to start a new thread so I decided against making one.

A completely different story. Think I'll just rename a few subforums. I'm sure it won't satisfy everyone, but then ... too bad, huh?:lol:

sometimes it depends on the person who is modding. I put a topic in current events (serial murder) it was moved by one mod to Discussion, then merged and lo and behold moved back to current events! I stay confused about "where" a lot of the time. It's a crap shoot.

In other words, you're lost.:lol:

A completely different story. Think I'll just rename a few subforums. I'm sure it won't satisfy everyone, but then ... too bad, huh?:lol:

Sounds good!

You tell em gunny.

Clinton did it in the Oval Office with a cigar... or was that the butler did it in the library with the candlestick? I'm clueless.:lol:

Who cares?

This message board has too many subforums, nobody gives a rat's ass about subforum topic titles except you.

RGS does have a point here, most people see "Current Events" and think what's in the news that day (not going to defend the idiots who post a news story from 2002 in here though) ... perhaps a more specific definition should be posted in a sticky, would that help you all out?

Most people on this board see Current Events as the first political subforum -- as in on top or more important -- and slam whatever their pet little issue is in it. Others are too lazy to scroll further down the page.

Oh. I thought "current events" was for new news, no matter what the subject. I didn't think it was restricted to new political news. Mehbad.

Oh. I thought "current events" was for new news, no matter what the subject. I didn't think it was restricted to new political news. Mehbad.

it is for *new* news; you had it right.

it is for *new* news; you had it right.

Oh. I thot cuz it was in the political subforum it might be restricted to politics.

Oh well. Doesn't matter. I don't surf the "forums". I surf the "active topics" and subscribed threads. I don't even pay attention to where a topic is in relation to a forum.

Usually the things I post are more along the lines of "news of the weird", so I sometimes put them in "current events" or "general discussion".

<---- would move threads without complaining.....

if the jobs too much for you gunny just say so.....

Fail.jpg

okay here is what i dont get....i put a nice thread on a daughter's reaction to her father leaving for iraq in the flame zone...why? cause people would look at it....along comes these mouthy posters . "why is this in the flame zone" blah blah blah...it gets moved to the dead zone...the military zone ...and never heard of again....when in doubt i post it in the flame zone..and still get moved...

Piratekitten.jpg

Forum List

Back