Clinton warns Netanyahu not to punish Palestinian Authority for UN bid

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
Clinton warns Netanyahu not to punish Palestinian Authority for UN bid - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during her talks in Israel this week not to take any extreme actions in response to the Palestinian move in the United Nations for recognition as a non-member state. Clinton said such steps against the Palestinian Authority could bring about its collapse. The Palestinians are planning to ask the United Nations General Assembly to...

• Banned
Israel is threatening more parts of the Olso Accord, who knows what. But they already violated many of them.

• Banned
Oslo agreement was a disaster. We should cancel it, no matter what the Palestinians decide to do.

You don't respect it at all and violate it most of the time. So technically you're right, it's basically useless, since Israel won't follow international law. :cool:

Oslo agreement was a disaster. We should cancel it, no matter what the Palestinians decide to do.

You don't respect it at all and violate it most of the time. So technically you're right, it's basically useless, since Israel won't follow international law. :cool:

And Hamas doesn't either.

If Hamas wishes us to respect Oslo, and international law, they need to stop targeting civilians in Israel.

As long as they do so, you can not wave "international law" as a safe card. Since Hamas itself laughs when hearing of it.

• Banned

If Hamas wishes us to respect Oslo, and international law, they need to stop targeting civilians in Israel.

As long as they do so, you can not wave "international law" as a safe card. Since Hamas itself laughs when hearing of it.

Hamas is not part of the Geneva. :cool:

• Banned
Israel refuses to recognize Hamas as the governing body of Gaza.

Yet they hold Hamas responsible for any rockets fired out of Gaza.

How is this? Shouldn't that mean they recognize Hamas as the government?

Hamas is calling for Israel to respect the laws of "Lus Naturale". Yet they do not respect it themselves.

That's my point.

Last edited:

"Israel refuses to recognize Hamas as the governing body of Gaza."

I am not sure this is correct. We know who rules Gaza and who makes the decision.

We do not negotiate with them, however.

Hamas is calling for Israel to respect the laws of "Jus Naturale". Yet they do not respect it themselves.

That's my point.

No, the international community is calling on Israel to respect law, Hamas is responding to Israel killing their people.

Hamas has no recognition, once they get recognition and be part of the Geneva, they will abide by law. Until then, no one should expect anything from the isolated Gaza Strip. :cool

It's also not just about Hamas, it's amazing you are choosing Hamas as a way to boycott a two state solution. No mention of the PA which Israel recognizes and which governs the West Bank Palestinian territories. Even though 42% of the West Bank is populated by Israeli settlers now. :cool:

"Israel refuses to recognize Hamas as the governing body of Gaza."

I am not sure this is correct. We know who rules Gaza and who makes the decision.

We do not negotiate with them, however.

And you do not recognize them. It doesn't take a genius to see that. Once Hamas gets recognition and is treated as the governing body of Gaza. They will abide by international law, and also if the blockade is removed, this will create great peace and calm. And no more fighting. Hopefully, as long as Israel doesn't go on a random rampage by assassinating a figure again. :cool:

stop the occupation of Jewishh land ?? thank you to demogogy thank you to hyprocrisy

It's crazy that Jews are allowed to live in New York, London or Istanbul but not in Hebron, Bethlehem, Shechem or Jericho, which are full of Jewish history. If there is a future Palestinian state, there's no reason why it has to be ethnically cleansed of all Jews. They could be Palestinian citizens.

stop the occupation of Jewishh land ?? thank you to demogogy thank you to hyprocrisy

It's crazy that Jews are allowed to live in New York, London or Istanbul but not in Hebron, Bethlehem, Shechem or Jericho, which are full of Jewish history. If there is a future Palestinian state, there's no reason why it has to be ethnically cleansed of all Jews. They could be Palestinian citizens.

I totaly agree...that's why peace through a Confederation makes more sense than a two state solution. With a Confederation you have a peace that would allow intergration and travel with self-rule.

two million Israeli Palestinian Arabs live in peace within Israel peoper's borders...Its the only cure for 65 years of hatread.

pbel, ForeverYoung, FckingAmazing, et al,

From a practical standpoint, how would a "Confederation" be established.

I totaly agree...that's why peace through a Confederation makes more sense than a two state solution. With a Confederation you have a peace that would allow intergration and travel with self-rule.

two million Israeli Palestinian Arabs live in peace within Israel peoper's borders...Its the only cure for 65 years of hatread.
(COMMENT)

How would the process and transition begin?

I don't think that the Palestinians (who have no one single voice) really want peace. I don't think peace is one of their objectives. They are the aggressor in 95% of the outbreaks in hostilities. They are not builders of nations or culture, unless you consider what they have established in the last half century as a productive society.

I live in Ohio. We have to be nice. Yes we are not perfect. But when we hear the name "Palestinian" --- in the back of our mind we think "terrorist." We may smile openly, and act cordially, but my generation thinks of a people, rooted in a way of life based on death, destruction, and violence, and not a people wanting to build an economically prosperous nation?

How do you begin the process of change? Even a "confederation." The only nation I can think of that is a successful "confederation" is Helvetica (Switzerland). And I cannot think of a more peaceful people. I almost think that starting with a peaceful people is a prerequisite for a "confederation" if it is to survive.

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

I don't think that the Palestinians (who have no one single voice) really want peace. I don't think peace is one of their objectives. They are the aggressor in 95% of the outbreaks in hostilities. They are not builders of nations or culture, unless you consider what they have established in the last half century as a productive society.

I live in Ohio. We have to be nice. Yes we are not perfect. But when we hear the name "Palestinian" --- in the back of our mind we think "terrorist." We may smile openly, and act cordially, but my generation thinks of a people, rooted in a way of life based on death, destruction, and violence, and not a people wanting to build an economically prosperous nation?

How do you begin the process of change? Even a "confederation." The only nation I can think of that is a successful "confederation" is Helvetica (Switzerland). And I cannot think of a more peaceful people. I almost think that starting with a peaceful people is a prerequisite for a "confederation" if it is to survive.

Most Respectfully,
R

All your perceptions have been hijacked by Western media which has refused to recognize that the Arabs WERE NOT a party to the 1947 partion of what was Arab Land for centuries....another Crusader invader. The British in the Revolutionary war called George Washington a Terrorist.

Having said that: a Confederation would allow Joint military control of the external borders and allow for economic intergration which is already working with 2 million Palestinian Arab/Israeli citizens.

Last edited:

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

All your perceptions have been hijacked by Western media which has refused to recognize that the Arabs WERE NOT a party to the 1947 partion of what was Arab Land for centuries....another Crusader invader. The British in the Revolutionary war called George Washington a Terrorist.

Having said that: a Confederation would allow Joint military control of the external borders and allow for economic intergration which is already working with 2 million Palestinian Arab/Israeli citizens.

You assume Rocco and all Americans who see things as he does are brainwashed by "Western media." The fact that you prefer the ElectronicIntifada narrative doesn't make it valid.

Forum List

Back