Clinton campaign trying to get moderators to fact check Trump DURING debate.

>

Actually the stated mission of the Commission on Presidential Debates is to "provide the best possible information to viewers and listeners".

Fact Checking both candidates and correcting them if they state something that is factually incorrect, would appear to be a core function of the CPD's man on the stage (i.e. the moderator).

Commission on Presidential Debates

>>>>

Trump has lived his life throwing out nonsense.
For Clinton or the moderator to say over and over Mr Trump that's not true....
Trump comes back with....

I have heard that from many people... Or
Many people have seen this and the best
I have my investigators down there now and they can't believe what they are finding....

It gets to a point that people have no choice but to give up...

That's how the Donald rose to power....

Just keep throwing out the BS that the people want to hear.

HRC will have a rough night with this guy.
After the debate, conservatives will complain that more of Trumps claims were challenged than Hillary's.......not fair

Trump has lived his life throwing out nonsense.
For Clinton or the moderator to say over and over Mr Trump that's not true....
Trump comes back with....

I have heard that from many people... Or
Many people have seen this and the best
I have my investigators down there now and they can't believe what they are finding....

It gets to a point that people have no choice but to give up...

That's how the Donald rose to power....

Just keep throwing out the BS that the people want to hear.

HRC will have a rough night with this guy.
That kinda funny given Hillary's struggle with honesty. Trump exaggerates like a New Yorker, Hillary puts us in harm's way and gets people killed. Your priorities are seriously fucked up.

>

Actually the stated mission of the Commission on Presidential Debates is to "provide the best possible information to viewers and listeners".

Fact Checking both candidates and correcting them if they state something that is factually incorrect, would appear to be a core function of the CPD's man on the stage (i.e. the moderator).

Commission on Presidential Debates

>>>>
Where does it say that? I'm skeptical because it's difficult to fact check something thoroughly in a few seconds. Post the portion that backs you up.

Where does it say that? I'm skeptical because it's difficult to fact check something thoroughly in a few seconds. Post the portion that backs you up.

The quoted part is under Mission Statement in the link provided.

The fact that the moderator is the CPD representative on stage - self evident.

The part about the moderator calling out either candidate if they present false information to the viewers and listeners. (A) part based on the mission statement, (B) part opinion based the fact the CPD has a commitment to providing truthful information, and part (C) is that my daughter has been a Debater all through High School, College, and Law School and since she finished her undergrad work has been a paid Debate Coach and competitive Judge. She has to research and be throughly aware of the subject in question.

>>>>>

The part about the moderator calling out either candidate if they present false information to the viewers and listeners. (A) part based on the mission statement, (B) part opinion based the fact the CPD has a commitment to providing truthful information.

>>>>>
I didn't think you could back it up, it makes no sense. They'd have to stop the debate and spend hours checking sources. You grossly misinterpreted their mission.

The part about the moderator calling out either candidate if they present false information to the viewers and listeners. (A) part based on the mission statement, (B) part opinion based the fact the CPD has a commitment to providing truthful information.

>>>>>
I didn't think you could back it up, it makes no sense. They'd have to stop the debate and spend hours checking sources. You grossly misinterpreted their mission.

No I didn't. Also see amended comment.

>>>>

>>>>>

No I didn't. Also see amended comment.

>>>>
Yes you did, blowing farts won't help. It's impossible for a thorough job of fact checking so you can't back up your beliefs. Otherwise you would have.

Clinton Campaign Trying to Get Moderators to Fact-Check Trump

Typical corruption from the Clinton Criminal Cartel. They fuck with Trump he will stop being nice and start point out EVERY lie she tells and we can drag this into an all out war on live tv :) You want to "fact check" people do it after the debate and bring it up in the next debate.
I find this not a little bit ironic. For months I've seen people and Trump saying they have a big problem with Clinton's dishonesty. This OP is now trying to make a case for not publicly exposing dishonesty. That's basically the premise of the poster. Facts should not be a factor when you elect a president according to the poster. You can spin it any way you like, Trump supporters are admitting that what their candidate sais can't stand up to scrutiny and even more that they both know and don't care.

Typical corruption from the Clinton Criminal Cartel. They fuck with Trump he will stop being nice and start point out EVERY lie she tells and we can drag this into an all out war on live tv :) You want to "fact check" people do it after the debate and bring it up in the next debate.
I find this not a little bit ironic. For months I've seen people and Trump saying they have a big problem with Clinton's dishonesty. This OP is now trying to make a case for not publicly exposing dishonesty. That's basically the premise of the poster. Facts should not be a factor when you elect a president according to the poster. You can spin it any way you like, Trump supporters are admitting that what their candidate sais can't stand up to scrutiny and even more that they both know and don't care.
Nobody made that argument so that makes you an idiot.

I am saying 1. The debate is NOT the place to argue back and forth in a 90 minute debate over who lies more,2. The media and I mean ALL of the mainstream media has made its job to DESTROY Donald Trump even if that means LYING about him supposedly lying to do so.

They both should be fact checked during the debate. What the hell is wrong with that?
Everything. That isn't what a debate is. And with the Romney example mentioned above the "fact" may be very well wrong. It was and might have cost him the election. Nothing wrong with it afterwards where you can fact check the fact checking but there isn't time to do it on the fly.

I disagree, debates should have some meaning to them where the candidates feet are held to the fire and not relying on one lying politician to fact check another.

They both should be fact checked during the debate. What the hell is wrong with that?
Everything. That isn't what a debate is. And with the Romney example mentioned above the "fact" may be very well wrong. It was and might have cost him the election. Nothing wrong with it afterwards where you can fact check the fact checking but there isn't time to do it on the fly.

I disagree, debates should have some meaning to them where the candidates feet are held to the fire and not relying on one lying politician to fact check another.
You can't do it spontaneously, it's impossible. That makes the moderator the key figure, not the candidates. Facts will be checked afterwards. Believe me.

It's a time factor. Too many lies to decifer on the hildaskank side.

It's odd that people think more time should be devoted to lying than telling the truth. The more truthful the candidates are the less time the moderator and their fact checking staff have to correct them. I'm no worried about time unless it's filled with lies.

You can't do it spontaneously, it's impossible. That makes the moderator the key figure, not the candidates. Facts will be checked afterwards. Believe me.

Sure you can. At least the big whoppers that are told ala Trump, plenty of time to set the record straight.

Sure you can. At least the big whoppers that are told ala Trump, plenty of time to set the record straight.
You misspelled Hillary. Do you really want the debate to be about Hillary's statements that don't line up with FBI findings?

Moderators do not become part of the debate by fact checking. If you want third party fact checking you don't want a debate.

Notice that hilly doesn't want to be fact checked herself.

RWnut hatred of the facts is the best running joke in politics.

Who's god damn facts ?

Your therorys that we question that you consider Fucking facts like:

AGW?

A human fetus becomes q Sun flower and not a human baby ?

Evolution and no God?

Fuck you.

When Donald Trump claims he ended birtherism, it is by fact a falsehood. When he says he was against the Iraq war before it started, it's very easy to bring up what he said about the war in 2003. When any moron claims climate change isn't happening, one can simply point out that the vast majority of scientists who study (and most others btw) believe it is indeed happening and it's manmade.

The candidates should be challenged. I can understand why Trump supporters would be nervous about that.

You misspelled Hillary. Do you really want the debate to be about Hillary's statements that don't line up with FBI findings?

See, this is perfect, you think Hillary lies more than Trump. Well, yes, I want the moderator to fact check her just as much as Trump, I'm totally cool with that.

That could be very entertaining. Of course, do it for both candidates. Electrically shock the candidate whenever they lie. With any luck they'd both be dead at the end of the debate and the American people wouldn't be saddled with either of them.

Forum List

Back