Clint Eastwood is not much different than any other actor/ actress so stop falling al

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
He doesn't donate huge chunks of his proceeds to some desperate cause. He was the mayor of a town of 3. He is a fantastic actor and director. But he is no different than me or you except for his income and microphone. As conservatives should we not be consistent? Or is Clint on the same platform of Colbert? He's a FUCKING ACTOR PEOPLE. He plays in the land of make believe. He may support Romney but that doesn't make his god damn voice any more important than mine or yours. He gets one vote as do we.

Why can't we as a nation look up to the ones that actually make a difference?

He doesn't donate huge chunks of his proceeds to some desperate cause. He was the mayor of a town of 3. He is a fantastic actor and director. But he is no different than me or you except for his income and microphone. As conservatives should we not be consistent? Or is Clint on the same platform of Colbert? He's a FUCKING ACTOR PEOPLE. He plays in the land of make believe. He may support Romney but that doesn't make his god damn voice any more important than mine or yours. He gets one vote as do we.

Very true. Love him as an actor and director, but that doesn't make his political opinions any more valuable than anyone else's. Besides, I thought the right hated the Hollywood elite. You don't get much more elite than Eastwood.

• Banned

Very true. Love him as an actor and director, but that doesn't make his political opinions any more valuable than anyone else's. Besides, I thought the right hated the Hollywood elite. You don't get much more elite than Eastwood.

I don't hate anyone. I just don't put them on a pedestal

As Hollywood types go, he seems like a pretty humble guy...not the sort begging to be the center of attention the way a lot of celebs do who think sharing their opinions are of vital importance. I think Clint reminds conservatives that one of their most admired political leaders came from Tinsel Town.

"I know what you're thinking. Did I back six losers, or only five. Well, to tell you the truth, in all this senility, I've kind of lost track myself. But seeing as I'm a celebrity endorser, and vastly more interesting than anyone else you have here... you have to ask yourself one question... Do I feel Plucky! Well, do yah, Punk?"

Sure he is different, he's a republican most of those that live in alternate worlds are Dems. :lol:

Actually Gramps, Eastwood has been a dedicated public servant to the State of California under both Governor Davis and Governor Schwarzenegger..

Both of them asked him to serve in different capacities. He's not your average "hollywood type" whatsoever. He has truly served the State of California.

As a politician, Eastwood has made successful forays into both local and state government. In April 1986 he was elected mayor for one term in his home town of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California – a small, wealthy town and artist community on the Monterey Peninsula.
During his term he tended towards supporting small business interests and advocating environmental protection.

In 2001 Eastwood was appointed to the California State Park and Recreation Commission by Governor Davis, then reappointed in 2004 by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

As the vice chairman of the commission, in 2005 along with chairman Bobby Shriver, he led the movement opposed to a six-lane 16-mile (26 km) extension of California State Route 241, a toll road that would cut through San Onofre State Beach.

Eastwood and Shriver supported a 2006 lawsuit to block the toll road and urged the California Coastal Commission to reject the project, which it duly did in February 2008.

In March 2008 Eastwood and Shriver's non-reappointment to the commission on the expiry of their terms prompted the Natural Resources Defense Council (NDRC) to request a legislative investigation into the decision.

Governor Schwarzenegger appointed Eastwood to the California Film Commission in April 2004. He has also acted as a spokesman for Take Pride in America, an agency of the United States Department of the Interior which advocates taking responsibility for natural, cultural, and historic resources

Clint Eastwood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plus the three in Carmel... :lol:

Forum List

Back