Climate Scientist: We Don't Need Data, You Can See Global Warming on TV

You have nothing from the mid Atlantic Ridge - nothing.

Show us the mid Atlantic Ridge data (2 miles down...)

"Man-made climate change is “not a matter of opinion, but of careful evaluation of data from a vast spectrum of scientific disciplines.”
Anne Yoder, Society of Systematic Biologists

And if anyone in science is qualified to define climate science -- it would be a "Systematic Biologist"..

:lmao: Hell --- he's RIGHT --- but if I tried that trick as a scientist -- you'd be all over my case.
Why biologist are capable to determine climate change :

there are species of plants and animals that need certain climatic conditions to survive.

for example the malaria moskito. i think it cannot take freezing.

so when it gets warmer, that means the climate changes, these animals can expand their living space further north or south then before.

biologists are finding these movements, therefore climate is changing.

thus biologist have determined that there is global warming.

i hope i have educated how diffrent Scientist who are not climatologists can help understand climate and its changes.

btw archeologists who find evidence of plant species and animals can help determine past climates in locations

Dex, basic math. How many days in 175,000 years?

Give up? 63,875,000.

How many inches in two miles?

Give up? 126,720

What accumulation rate is required to build up two miles of ice in 175,000 years?

Give up? 0.0019838748 inches per day

Think about that Mr Dex. Think hard.

You think that ice doesn't compress?....you are the one who should try thinking crickham.

"Man-made climate change is “not a matter of opinion, but of careful evaluation of data from a vast spectrum of scientific disciplines.”

And if anyone in science is qualified to define climate science -- it would be a "Systematic Biologist"..

:lmao: Hell --- he's RIGHT --- but if I tried that trick as a scientist -- you'd be all over my case.

there are species of plants and animals that need certain climatic conditions to survive.

so when it gets warmer, that means the climate changes, these animals can expand their living space further north or south then before.

i hope i have educated how diffrent Scientist who are not climatologists can help understand climate and its changes.

btw archeologists who find evidence of plant species and animals can help determine past climates in locations

Good gosh. You people really don't know ANYTHING, do you. Here you go, endemic malaria was a problem all the way up to Lat. 68N Finland, Sweden, and Norway all used to suffer from it. Ireland was a hotbed for it as was the UK. Truly dude, every time you people make a ridiculous claim like this you only reinforce how ignorant you truly are.

"Abstract
Background
Endemic northern malaria reached 68°N latitude in Europe during the 19th century, where the summer mean temperature only irregularly exceeded 16°C, the lower limit needed for sporogony of Plasmodium vivax. Because of the available historical material and little use of quinine, Finland was suitable for an analysis of endemic malaria and temperature.

Methods
Annual malaria death frequencies during 1800–1870 extracted from parish records were analysed against long-term temperature records in Finland, Russia and Sweden. Supporting data from 1750–1799 were used in the interpretation of the results. The life cycle and behaviour of the anopheline mosquitoes were interpreted according to the literature.

Malaria Journal

i didn talk about malaria specific, i mentioned the malaria moskito.

maybe that is a bad example.

there are animals and plants which need certain climatic conditions.

they cannot live in too cold weather, these species are moving north expanding their habitat.

sorry if im wrong about malaria.

i was refering to reports in tv how plants and animals have moved north in germany by 100km in the last 100 years

Hauke, you are correct. Numerous plant and animal species are moving outside their normal ranges in response to rising temperatures. That has disturbed large number of biological cycles and predator-prey relationships. Do not be concerned about Westwall giving you grief. Nor SSDD, jc456, Crusader Frank, LaDexter or a dozen other deniers here. They are all fools still fretting about Al Gore and communist conspiracies.

Numerous plant and animal species are moving outside their normal ranges in response to rising temperatures.

This is just pathetic.

We had all this noise a few years ago when trees bloomed here in Nashville in mid March, earlier than normal. the next year, they didn't bloom until mid April - and the warmers shut up...

Meanwhile, Earth climate data continues to read

1. NO WARMING in the ATMOSPHERE
2. NO WARMING in the OCEANS
3. NO NET ICE MELT
4. NO BREAKOUT in 'cane activity
5. NO RISE in ocean levels
6. NO WARMING on the surface of Antarctica, Siberia, and everywhere else there is not a growing urban area

There is nothing that proves that plants or animals haven't adapted to a different climate. It is of course evolution, correct? Adaptation is a necessary element in order for species to survive. All you have is folks seeing something and instead of testing and comparing a plant or animal in x and a plant or animal in y area to see if they are genetically the same, you have a quick conclusion that it must be climate. This may only mean you actually have nothing.

Numerous plant and animal species are moving outside their normal ranges in response to rising temperatures.

This is just pathetic.

We had all this noise a few years ago when trees bloomed here in Nashville in mid March, earlier than normal. the next year, they didn't bloom until mid April - and the warmers shut up...

Meanwhile, Earth climate data continues to read

1. NO WARMING in the ATMOSPHERE
2. NO WARMING in the OCEANS
3. NO NET ICE MELT
4. NO BREAKOUT in 'cane activity
5. NO RISE in ocean levels
6. NO WARMING on the surface of Antarctica, Siberia, and everywhere else there is not a growing urban area

The rapid spinning of the sea floor must be saving us.

Hauke, you are correct. Numerous plant and animal species are moving outside their normal ranges in response to rising temperatures. That has disturbed large number of biological cycles and predator-prey relationships. Do not be concerned about Westwall giving you grief. Nor SSDD, jc456, Crusader Frank, LaDexter or a dozen other deniers here. They are all fools still fretting about Al Gore and communist conspiracies.

Really? How long does 1deg prolong a Fall? Matter in Winter? These species thrive in a climate with close to 100 deg annual variance.. You really think all these ranges changes can be blamed on "climate change"?

You have nothing from the mid Atlantic Ridge - nothing.

Show us the mid Atlantic Ridge data (2 miles down...)

Several winters ago, a team of geophysicists from Missouri flew to the eastern edge of Africa, strapped on bulky backpacks and began walking. They were looking for a set of huge stripes in the Tendaho Graben, a place within the Afar Depression of Ethiopia, where Africa's continental crust is stretching thin and a new ocean will eventually form.

But the stripes they sought — and eventually found — aren't visible to the naked eye. They're magnetic stripes, similar to the ones lining the ocean floor at mid-ocean ridges. David Bridges, a geophysicist from the Missouri University of Science and Technology, and his colleagues sniffed them out using a bit of geological detective work, lots of walking and the hulking magnetometers strapped to their backpacks.

The Tendaho Graben's magnetic stripes are important because they're the first ones scientists have documented on land, Bridges said. Even more importantly, because these stripes have formed before the area becomes a water-covered basin, they may change the way researchers interpret the planet's oceans.

"The really interesting thing is that some of the oceanic basins may perhaps be a little bit younger than we currently believe," Bridges told OurAmazingPlanet.

Stripes and flips

The underwater relatives of Tendaho's magnetic stripes were first documented in the 1950s by geophysicists who set sail to take thousands of seaboard magnetic readings. The researchers eventually began to see that their readings sketched out distinct sets of stripes running parallel to mid-ocean ridges, and that each stripe's magnetic alignment was the reverse of neighboring stripes.

The striped magnetic pattern develops because, as oceanic crust pulls apart, magma rises to the surface at mid-ocean ridges and spills out to create new bands of ocean floor. Ferromagnetic minerals in the hot magma align themselves with the Earth's magnetic field, which completely reverses its north-to-south polarity every now and then, and freeze in that alignment as the magma cools. Later, after the planet's magnetic field flips again, the next stripe of new ocean floor aligns its polarity in the opposite direction.

"For many ocean basins, the timing of their openings has been based on the appearance of these magnetic stripes," because scientists long believed that the stripes first appeared when seafloor spreading started, Bridges said.

Ethiopia's Magnetic Stripes Hold Clues to Ocean Formation

Can you believe it? They discovered this stuff back in the 1950s.

Why haven't you heard of it before?

Really? Then providing links to actual empirical observations shouldn't be a problem for you to provide. Please do so.

They're magnetic stripes, similar to the ones lining the ocean floor at mid-ocean ridges. David Bridges, a geophysicist from the Missouri University of Science and Technology, and his colleagues sniffed them out using a bit of geological detective work, lots of walking and the hulking magnetometers strapped to their backpacks.

I was right. Nobody went to the bottom of the ocean.

Nobody....

They're magnetic stripes, similar to the ones lining the ocean floor at mid-ocean ridges. David Bridges, a geophysicist from the Missouri University of Science and Technology, and his colleagues sniffed them out using a bit of geological detective work, lots of walking and the hulking magnetometers strapped to their backpacks.

Nobody....

We have tools that allow us to make measurements at a distance.

It's like science and stuff.

And if you read the article, they were able to measure the alternating stripes on dry land ya fuckin' moron.

Nobody....

We have tools that allow us to make measurements at a distance.

It's like science and stuff.

And if you read the article, they were able to measure the alternating stripes on dry land ya fuckin' moron.

Indeed. It's called "remote sensing" and it is very accurate within certain parameters. The magnetic stripes actually cross the entire oceanic floor, they are not limited to the mid ocean rifts.

So if you didn't go down to the bottom of the ocean and actually measure it, how do you know it switched?

There literally should be a point a certain distance from the fault where it flips.

"should be..." but you and yours didn't check.

So if you didn't go down to the bottom of the ocean and actually measure it, how do you know it switched?

There literally should be a point a certain distance from the fault where it flips.

The underwater relatives of Tendaho's magnetic stripes were first documented in the 1950s by geophysicists who set sail to take thousands of seaboard magnetic readings. The researchers eventually began to see that their readings sketched out distinct sets of stripes running parallel to mid-ocean ridges, and that each stripe's magnetic alignment was the reverse of neighboring stripes.

You see, they can measure through the water, because magnetic fields can be measured through water, without actually diving 2 miles below the surface.

It flips. Literally. Multiple times. That's how they know the magnetic field of the Earth flips every few hundred thousand years or so, moron.

DERP!

Dude, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. There have been tens of thousands of ocean floor core samples taken. They show the polarity flip. The remote sensing data clearly shows the magnetic flips. That the magnetic field of the Earth flipped frequently has been KNOWN for decades. What is not known is why.

Last edited:
Indeed. It's called "remote sensing" and it is very accurate within certain parameters. The magnetic stripes actually cross the entire oceanic floor, they are not limited to the mid ocean rifts.

That's because the entire floor was created by the rifts.

That's because the entire floor was created by the rifts.

No shit? That's how that works????:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back