Global warming is real

One of things in Cali that drove me crazy.. The state TAXED (supposedly as a REFUND) bottles and cans. At FIRST -- they provided a network of recycling stations at most every grocery that dealt out cash.. Then -- they closed the stations when the monopoly garbage collections for the cities started to pick up stuff. At FIRST -- it was free -- but YOU didn't get your 0.25 back anymore.. SOMEONE ELSE did.. And FINALLY -- the garbage guys started to CHARGE for recycling. So the state was still getting all that INCOME -- and the people got NOTHING but a bill..

Cali is STILL getting the income. Provides no service. No assurance ANYTHING is happening other than "someone" is getting rich..

Last edited:
One of things in Cali that drove me crazy.. The state TAXED bottles and cans. At FIRST -- they provided a network of recycling stations at most every grocery.. Then -- they closed the stations when the monopoly garbage collections for the cities started to pick up stuff. At FIRST -- it was free -- but YOU didn't get your 0.25 back anymore.. SOMEONE ELSE did.. And FINALLY -- the garbage guys started to CHARGE for recycling. So the state was still getting all that INCOME -- and the people got NOTHING but a bill..

Cali is STILL getting the income. Provides no service. No assurance ANYTHING is happening other than "someone" is getting rich..
That's a common business model these days. There was a time it would have been frowned upon as "unethical".

One of things in Cali that drove me crazy.. The state TAXED bottles and cans. At FIRST -- they provided a network of recycling stations at most every grocery.. Then -- they closed the stations when the monopoly garbage collections for the cities started to pick up stuff. At FIRST -- it was free -- but YOU didn't get your 0.25 back anymore.. SOMEONE ELSE did.. And FINALLY -- the garbage guys started to CHARGE for recycling. So the state was still getting all that INCOME -- and the people got NOTHING but a bill..

That's a common business model these days. There was a time it would have been frowned upon as "unethical".

It's STILL unethical. Always will be. The state was LOSING money running their own recycleries. Now they look the other way and PAY the trash companies, the money they steal from grocery shoppers -- "for the environment"..

• Banned

I know. It needs reformed

I'm a conservative. Give everybody .25 cents for each item recycled and let's correct the planet. :)
The Earth's climate changes constantly, and has been changing since the beginning of time. Remember, the Earth went from extremely hot, too hot to support life, to the ice age, and warmed back up again. Man may have accelerated the warming, but we have no way of knowing what would've taken place had man not polluted the atmosphere. It's possible that the Earth will begin to cool again in the near future, who knows for sure.

The climate changes, and goes through changes and cycles all the time. We need to wait a few more decades before blaming everything on man's influence. Some changes are natural processes through periods of cycling.

I'm a conservative. Give everybody .25 cents for each item recycled and let's correct the planet. :)
The Earth's climate changes constantly, and has been changing since the beginning of time. Remember, the Earth went from extremely hot, too hot to support life, to the ice age, and warmed back up again. Man may have accelerated the warming, but we have no way of knowing what would've taken place had man not polluted the atmosphere. It's possible that the Earth will begin to cool again in the near future, who knows for sure.

The climate changes, and goes through changes and cycles all the time. We need to wait a few more decades before blaming everything on man's influence. Some changes are natural processes through periods of cycling.

I'm a Christian and believe in taking care of what we have and preserving life and what God has blessed us with and it doesn't stop with people or animals.

I'm a Christian and believe in taking care of what we have and preserving life and what God has blessed us with and it doesn't stop with people or animals.
I feel the same way. I'm thankful for and appreciative of everything.

You guys realize how much trash is in the ghettos on streets and lawns? .25 cents an item. That balances poverty while improving neighborhood's and ones opportunities in life.

Now imagine the coasts and ocean polution.

Forum List

Back