Climate Panel to be dissolved.

Discussion in 'Environment' started by skookerasbil, Dec 1, 2010.

1. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,192
    How hard did I laugh when I saw this??

Like Ive said.......the debate is an exercise in futility at this point. As soon as the Republicans get into office next month, they are blowing up Nancy Pelosi's Climate Panel!!!!

Pelosi Climate Panel Dies in Republican Sweep of House of Representatives - Bloomberg

Pelosi Climate Panel Dies in Republican Sweep of House of RepresentativesBy Jim Snyder - Dec 1, 2010 5:39 PM ET

Republicans will eliminate the House committee created by Speaker Nancy Pelosi to highlight the threat of climate change, Representative James Sensenbrenner, the top Republican on the panel, said today.

In one of her first acts as speaker in 2007, Pelosi, a California Democrat, created the House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming to draw attention to climate-change science and showcase how a cap on carbon dioxide needn’t be a threat to economic growth.

Republicans, who won control of the House in the Nov. 2 election, have opposed legislative efforts to regulate carbon emissions as a tax on energy. When the panel convened today, Sensenbrenner, a Wisconsin Republican, said that the hearing “will be the last of the select committee.”

And to think..........Im called the asshole in here.............:up::fu::funnyface::up::fu::funnyface::up::fu::funnyface:

2. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    I hope this is true...

3. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,192

Indeed it is.............and talk about sticking the red hot poker squarely in the eye of the environmental meatheads!!!:lol:

The fall season has been a good one.........

4. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Don't dance over the demise of the Wicked Witch yet.

bad ideas take a lot of killing.

5. westwall

westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,686
    It's a first step in the right direction.

6. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,192
    West.......its the step that makes all this debate crap about the "science" completely and totally moot. Its that simple. Ive been saying for years now that this whole "green economy to fight global warming" was but a fad that will go the way of the hula fcukking hoop......said the whole thing will someday be looked upon a a scam of the early 21st century. And its all playing out that way...........just like I said it would!!!:mm::mm::mm:

The fact of the matter is that a large majority of economists predict that it may be 5 years at a minimum for jobs to come back which, of course, is dependent upon economic growth levels. As Boehner astutely put it today.............

“We have pledged to save taxpayers’ money by reducing waste and duplication in Congress,” said Michael Steel, a spokesman for Representative John Boehner, who is slated to become speaker in January. The committee, created as “a political forum to promote Washington Democrats’ job-killing national energy tax, was a clear example, and it will not continue” in the next Congress, he said

Weve lost enough jobs with these bozo's..............nobody gives a jack shit about global warming if it means higher taxes and lost jobs.

And so it is.............

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  7. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,149
    Climate does change violently and I believe that it is within our national interest to keep a close eye on it. Little ice age, Younger Dyas.

8. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Do away with the climate panel, that will stop climate change in it's tracks.

9. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    If this is true it will be interesting to see what the eco-terrorists do about it. I predict some "losses" in the dummy camp. Twenty years ago there wasn't the data to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the rates of environmental degredation. Now there is sufficient results of hundreds of studies to justify an attitude of real threats to survival that some may see as enough justification for taking the fight directly to those that flaunt willfull ignorance for political and personal gain. My guess is that we may even see the first American suicide bombings in this conflict. These "kooks" as you call them take thier side of this issue much more seriously than the elected buffoons and criminals in the pockets of those that profit from irresponsible environmental destruction. I wonder if some of these environmentalists go postal the loss of a few on the other side will be considered "acceptable" losses much like when 20 or thirty miners get snuffed in the cause of making a handfull of assholes wealthy. My money says you won't find yourself laughing so glibly if a few leading the charge for insanity are being scraped off the walls and sidewalks of a town near you.

If or when this eco-war gets bloody I for one WILL be amused. If the Boner or MitchThe Bitch get blown to pizza topping ...thier camps will have to rethink the wisdom of not taking ecological suicide more seriously. Willfull stupidity can be dangerous for the stupid. I think they should just stick to the ignorant side of the debate. Trying to destroy the movement to preserve our planet can't work out well for those idiots. I don't think they realise how mad they will be making some people. Not me of course... I have no rainbow illusions about our future. I know we are already fucked. But some I fear hold out hope for a better future and may very well believe it is a cause worthy of sacrifice.

10. westwall

westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,686

The problem with that Huggy is if and when the eco terrorists really do start killing people the gloves will come off and they will be hunted down and killed. They have been vocal enough and they have posted enough of their videos online that they are known. They won't be able to hide.

Be very careful what you wish for.