Climate Change?

My, my, Daveboy. Bit of a thin skin there, old chap?
Yeah, I get that way when I see assholes dancing on graves.
Well now, since more and stronger storms are in the predictions, that does not mean that any one storm can be blamed on the warming. What it means is that there will be more storms, especially in the future.

Once again, by putting off doing anything about the GHGs we are putting into the atmosphere, we are creating a more dangerous world down the line. That is just a simple fact. And more people will die in that world because of natural disasters.

What you are doing is blaming the people that gave the warning for the event. Your idiocy in doing that is apparent to all.
Warning? What warning did they give that would have helped those in Joplin?

And don't give me your "we're dumping GHGs into the atmosphere!!" bullshit. That wouldn't have helped them.

Something real. Something concrete. Something the average Joe could use to take action to protect himself and his family.

I have a prediction: Your answer will be political, not practical. Basically, it will boil down to "Vote Democrat!" -- because it's not about protecting people (although that's the smokescreen) -- it's about political power.

Well now, since more and stronger storms are in the predictions, that does not mean that any one storm can be blamed on the warming. What it means is that there will be more storms, especially in the future.

Once again, by putting off doing anything about the GHGs we are putting into the atmosphere, we are creating a more dangerous world down the line. That is just a simple fact. And more people will die in that world because of natural disasters.

What you are doing is blaming the people that gave the warning for the event. Your idiocy in doing that is apparent to all.

And don't give me your "we're dumping GHGs into the atmosphere!!" bullshit. That wouldn't have helped them.

Something real. Something concrete. Something the average Joe could use to take action to protect himself and his family.

I have a prediction: Your answer will be political, not practical. Basically, it will boil down to "Vote Democrat!" -- because it's not about protecting people (although that's the smokescreen) -- it's about political power.

So it was your wingnut 'Conservative' politicians that developed the present tornado warning systems? Like hell, you guys are actively trying to defund anything that has to do with science.

Now if we are going to have more tornados like those we have been seeing this spring, then there had better be some rules concerning shelters within houses built in the tornado belt. Which will increase the cost of building the houses. Which you 'Conservatives' will fight tooth and nail as over reaching on the governments part. And when it is pointed out later that this would have saved lives, you will accuse us of playing politics with the deaths of citizens.

You guys are a hopeless bundle of contradictions and resentments.

Selective perception? Yes. Leftists see what they want to see.

Here is the OP, where Wry is using deaths to score political points:

No sympathy. No horror. Just enlightened leftist nuance that's not above dancing on graves.

If you had any decency, you'd condemn the bastard. But you'll just say "That's not what he meant!"...and you'll believe it, because you're so gullible you can fool yourself.

So, that is you ploy. Try to create the perception that all the people that have stated in the past that GHGs put more energy in the atmosphere, creating a more energetic atmosphere, i.e., bigger and badder storms, are joyous about the results of those storms. What you are saying is that when a parent warns son or daughter about the dangers of wreckless driving, that when they are hurt or killed as a result of that driving, the parent enjoys the fact that the prediction came to pass. What a total dickhead you are!
That's not what I'm saying, you stupid, stupid man. I'm saying Wry is callously using the deaths in Joplin to score political points.

And apparently, you agree with it, since you're defending it so passionately.
Yes, one can certainly see where someone that has lost everything to these horrible storms might well consider the fact that such was predicted by the scientists that study climate, and might well conclude that we had better start paying attention to said scientists. And that is what you are resenting. And taking that resentment out in a very sick manner. I really don't think I would care for you as a neighbor.
Yep, I was right. You agree with Wry, and are indeed dancing on graves.

Tell me, dumbfuck: Suppose the victims had indeed paid more attention to the AGW cult and decided something should be done.

How would that have prevented or mitigated what happened to them? Are you really saying that if we all bought carbon credits from the Goracle, drove Priuses, and used only CFL, the tornadoes wouldn't have happened?

Really?

I knew you didn't have any decency. No enemies on the Left. If Hitler showed up carrying a "Bush is Hitler!!" sign, you'd kiss his ass.

I'm glad I'm not your neighbor. If my house were destroyed by a tornado, you'd be standing on top of the rubble waiting for a television camera to come along so you could blame Republicans.

Fuck you, you piece of shit.

Dave, you assert you're not stupid and then prove the opposite. Stating I danced on graves is beyond hyperbole, it's an outright lie. Ending a post with "fuck you, you piece of shit" does nothing to prove your assertion, it simply makes you another uninformed and inarticulate partisan in the mold of CrusaderFrank or Willow Tree.

Keep posting, you and the aforementioned are great recruiting tools for a progressive America; once you lose trust, you have lost the battle, lost the war. By parroting a lie you have lost all credability with the reasoned crowd but don't despair there are others like you, CR & WT who will echo your lies and make you feel relevent.

So it was your wingnut 'Conservative' politicians that developed the present tornado warning systems? Like hell, you guys are actively trying to defund anything that has to do with science.

Now if we are going to have more tornados like those we have been seeing this spring, then there had better be some rules concerning shelters within houses built in the tornado belt. Which will increase the cost of building the houses. Which you 'Conservatives' will fight tooth and nail as over reaching on the governments part. And when it is pointed out later that this would have saved lives, you will accuse us of playing politics with the deaths of citizens.

You guys are a hopeless bundle of contradictions and resentments.
Yep -- a political answer. "Vote Democrat!!"

You don't give a shit about people. Stop pretending.

Dave, you assert you're not stupid and then prove the opposite. Stating I danced on graves is beyond hyperbole, it's an outright lie.
It would be, if you hadn't done it.
Ending a post with "fuck you, you piece of shit" does nothing to prove your assertion, it simply makes you another uninformed and inarticulate partisan in the mold of CrusaderFrank or Willow Tree.
If I was uniformed, I'd be agreeing with you.
Keep posting, you and the aforementioned are great recruiting tools for a progressive America; once you lose trust, you have lost the battle, lost the war. By parroting a lie you have lost all credability with the reasoned crowd but don't despair there are others like you, CR & WT who will echo your lies and make you feel relevent.
I see you're a big fan of the Big Lie tactic. Repeat it often.

The problem is, you're so gullible you believe it yourself.

You're really not very bright.

Wry, you're a step above a necrophilia and a small step at that.

You should seek help

LOL, I don't love you CF, the fact that you seem brain dead doesn't attract me. btw, I read your comment when you neg'd me, do you really believe "Fuck off and Die you fucking asshole" is an appropriate comment to anyone?

Simply by pointing out how truly stupid I find your many posts shouldn't effect a mature adult causing them to react with such hate. Lacking the ability to post reasoned messages means you (may) lack the maturity to handle a political message board. Of course it is always possible you're a coward and hate anyone who disagree with you, yet lack the balls to confront others with opinions you hate face to face. Hiding behind your keyboard provides you a safe haven, so enjoy the freedom to spew hate, but don't pretend some of us can't see the real you behind the curtain.

You should seek help

LOL, I don't love you CF, the fact that you seem brain dead doesn't attract me. btw, I read your comment when you neg'd me, do you really believe "Fuck off and Die you fucking asshole" is an appropriate comment to anyone?

Simply by pointing out how truly stupid I find your many posts shouldn't effect a mature adult causing them to react with such hate. Lacking the ability to post reasoned messages means you (may) lack the maturity to handle a political message board. Of course it is always possible you're a coward and hate anyone who disagree with you, yet lack the balls to confront others with opinions you hate face to face. Hiding behind your keyboard provides you a safe haven, so enjoy the freedom to spew hate, but don't pretend some of us can't see the real you behind the curtain.

There's only two time I started with a neg, and not negged in return, this was the second time for me.

I find this thread and the Warmers posting in it totally loathsome, despicable, vile and disgusting. It is a small step above necrophilia

And you can't still show a single lab experiment where a 60PPM increase in CO2 raises temperatures at all, let alone spawns killer tornadoes.

You should seek help

There's only two time I started with a neg, and not negged in return, this was the second time for me.

I find this thread and the Warmers posting in it totally loathsome, despicable, vile and disgusting. It is a small step above necrophilia

And you can't still show a single lab experiment where a 60PPM increase in CO2 raises temperatures at all, let alone spawns killer tornadoes.

LOL!!! Doesn't know anything about AGW OR the Middle East, but posts anyway. Don't you just have to love him? :lol::cuckoo::cool:

... like the fact that man emits more CO2 in DAYS than all the volcanoes on earth do in a normal year!!!
Citation?

Done many times. Besides, who cares about an oddball. I might as well be conversing with a trained monkey, considering trhe total lack of real contribution to the debate that you offer. You go for the cheap quips, so all I've got to say is, ya ever heard of the search function, wierdo? :cuckoo:
You made the assertion, therefore the onus is upon you to back it up, asshelmet.

I do love the use of the word "Warmers", one more example of deceit from the RW Fringe. The issue of how much human behavior might cause climate change, or even if climate change is happening, is open to debate. Those who deny human behavior has absolutely no impact on climate have no evidence to prove their point of view.

The causes of SMOG and Acid Rain are known, and are a product of human behavior. Did they change our environment, I believe they did. Does that make me a "Warmer"? Nope. I don't know if the damage we have done is permanent, I simply believe we ought to pass on to future generations an environment as clean and healthful as possible.

Why is there such opposition to making our world cleaner and more healthy? That maybe a more difficult question then asking if human actions cause climate change.

I do love the use of the word "Warmers", one more example of deceit from the RW Fringe. The issue of how much human behavior might cause climate change, or even if climate change is happening, is open to debate. Those who deny human behavior has absolutely no impact on climate have no evidence to prove their point of view.

The causes of SMOG and Acid Rain are known, and are a product of human behavior. Did they change our environment, I believe they did. Does that make me a "Warmer"? Nope. I don't know if the damage we have done is permanent, I simply believe we ought to pass on to future generations an environment as clean and healthful as possible.

Why is there such opposition to making our world cleaner and more healthy? That maybe a more difficult question then (sic) asking if human actions cause climate change.
If anyone has no evidence, it's people who have to create strawmen and employ non sequitur to try and make some kind of a point.

Why is there such opposition to making our world cleaner and more healthy? That maybe a more difficult question then (sic) asking if human actions cause climate change.
If anyone has no evidence, it's people who have to create strawmen and employ non sequitur to try and make some kind of a point.

You really need to buy a book on informal logic, Odd-dude. Since you so enjoy attacking me and others for using fallacies and in doing so expose your own misuse of reason, I suppose I need to post once again definitions and examples for your education.

Fallacies

Read carefully and you won't continue to make a fool of yourself (so often).

You're very welcome.

I know all about logical fallacies, as your posts present an ongoing clinic on them.

Claiming that man's activities of the past have had an impact on the environment, does not by extension express or imply that anthropogenic gullible warming is, as a matter of course, one of those impacts: Strawman.

Claiming the mantle of "making our world cleaner and more healthy" is non sequitur, as CO2 is not a pollutant.

You're welcome, fool.

I know all about logical fallacies, as your posts present an ongoing clinic on them.

Claiming that man's activities of the past have had an impact on the environment, does not by extension express or imply that anthropogenic gullible warming is, as a matter of course, one of those impacts: Strawman.

Claiming the mantle of "making our world cleaner and more healthy" is non sequitur, as CO2 is not a pollutant.

You're welcome, fool.

"The issue of how much human behavior might cause climate change, or even if climate change is happening, is open to debate" does not express or imply anything else.

Suggesting I'm claiming a mantle is silly, and your usual dishonest hyperbole. Who wouldn't want to leave this earth cleaner and healthier for our kids and theirs?

LOL!!! Doesn't know anything about AGW OR the Middle East, but posts anyway. Don't you just have to love him? :lol::cuckoo::cool:

Being ignorant doesn't stop you from posting.

OR instead of negging me how about you spend your time finding that lab experiment showing us how a 60PPM increase raises temps or spawns killer tornadoes?

You're welcome, fool.

"The issue of how much human behavior might cause climate change, or even if climate change is happening, is open to debate" does not express or imply anything else.

Suggesting I'm claiming a mantle is silly, and your usual dishonest hyperbole. Who wouldn't want to leave this earth cleaner and healthier for our kids and theirs?
I didn't say anything about that particular statement.

Is English a second language for you?

LOL. I just followed that link and WOW. It's absolutely AMAZING that any of us are still alive. Getting up in the morning. Going about our daily tasks. Doing our jobs and chores and perhaps engaging in a bit of recreation. The flowers are blooming across the street. Apples are growing on our apple tree. The hummingbird feeder is visited by hummingbirds. The usual procession of honey bees is working among the honeysuckle.

And yet the world is absolutely falling apart due to global warming?

One point to make based on the last few pages:

There are MANY environmental concerns that do not involve global warming or cooling. Despite what some 'warmers' seem to think, we skeptics absolutely do not want dirty air, water, or soil; nor do we desire extinction of species; nor do we want the aethetic beauty of the Earth spoiled. We are all for doing whatever is necessary to correct those things that are causing measurable harm.

And when there is credible evidence that human activity is artificially warming the climate in an unhealthy manner, and there is reasonable means to correct that, I am guessing that there isn't a single skeptic who will not be in favor of helping to fix the problem.

Until then, I am not in favor of giving up our freedoms, options, choices, and opportunities based on what very well may be flawed science put out there by people who have everything to gain and nothing to lose by promoting it.

Forum List

Back