Climate Change has run its course@

Everybody in the world, except for RWNJs in the US, is convinced that global climate change is real and something we need to deal with.

Climate change has been real for a BILLION years, thus your statement is absurd.
Of course, someone of reasonable intelligence realizes that there are drivers that create climate change. And the driver in the present rapid climate change is the very rapid buildup of GHGs due to the use of fossil fuels.

We have had it before happen even faster then this...

The great Sahara desert turned tropical to dry in a blink of an eye
LINK?

Don't play dumb I linked it before
. gotta go back to work
No, asshole, you linked to an article that dealt with a large shallow swamp.

And they are still far too expensive.

Compared to what? The cheapest is probably natural gas which emits carbon dioxide. The aforementioned greenhouse gas that is causing global warming. Solar is cheap, but inefficient and problematic. I have two huge panels I use to charge a battery pack for hurricane Season. It takes a full day to keep a simple thermoelectric cooler running for 24 hours. If it is cloudy, I lose energy and the cooler stops before the sun is up again.

I could cover the entire roof and run the house during the day, but come night? Out of luck.

Far easier, cheaper, and more reliable to buy a generator for the days we are without power from storms.
Ever hear of batteries?

Yeah they lose their charge...

Make me a battery that can run a chain saw for hours, then you got a deal.
I have ran power saws. Can't remember ever running one for an hour without having to put in more gas. We have battery powered tools at work, when a battery gets low, we pull another battery out of the charger, and plug the low one in.

I never seen a battery operated one.

God I love chain saws ..going back to work to toss it around again..

Peace out, old rocks..
OK, I'll try to be a bit less raucous. LOL Yes, there are battery powered chain saws.

STIHL Dealer Locator

STIHL Lightning Battery System® Chainsaws
Innovating chainsaws from the company that helped invent them.

Whether you're a homeowner looking to cut branches on your property or a professional looking to fell the toughest trees, STIHL is the name trusted for generations. The legendary power of STIHL chainsaws now comes in a battery system that is lightweight, affordable and feature-rich. They’re significantly quieter than gasoline-powered chainsaws and start instantly with the squeeze of a trigger.

Your local STIHL Dealer has great prices on essential outdoor equipment, including chainsaws, blowers and trimmers. Reserve products online with STIHL Express and they'll be ready for you to pick up – assembled and ready to run. Find a dealer near you and get started today.

Compared to what? The cheapest is probably natural gas which emits carbon dioxide. The aforementioned greenhouse gas that is causing global warming. Solar is cheap, but inefficient and problematic. I have two huge panels I use to charge a battery pack for hurricane Season. It takes a full day to keep a simple thermoelectric cooler running for 24 hours. If it is cloudy, I lose energy and the cooler stops before the sun is up again.

I could cover the entire roof and run the house during the day, but come night? Out of luck.

Far easier, cheaper, and more reliable to buy a generator for the days we are without power from storms.
Ever hear of batteries?

I have ran power saws. Can't remember ever running one for an hour without having to put in more gas. We have battery powered tools at work, when a battery gets low, we pull another battery out of the charger, and plug the low one in.

Peace out, old rocks..
Best Battery Powered Chainsaw | Chainsaw Journal

Still not something you would buy if you make your living falling and bucking. However, for most home owners, probably a better deal than a gas chain saw they use only a few times a year, and is hard to start.

Ever hear of batteries?

Peace out, old rocks..
OK, I'll try to be a bit less raucous. LOL Yes, there are battery powered chain saws.

STIHL Dealer Locator

Whether you're a homeowner looking to cut branches on your property or a professional looking to fell the toughest trees, STIHL is the name trusted for generations. The legendary power of STIHL chainsaws now comes in a battery system that is lightweight, affordable and feature-rich. They’re significantly quieter than gasoline-powered chainsaws and start instantly with the squeeze of a trigger.

Your local STIHL Dealer has great prices on essential outdoor equipment, including chainsaws, blowers and trimmers. Reserve products online with STIHL Express and they'll be ready for you to pick up – assembled and ready to run. Find a dealer near you and get started today.

51 volts is still crap outside waiting for my ride , I can throw gasoline and oil in it fire it back up in seconds

A couple of years ago, I would not have thought that a battery powered impact wrench would have the power of an air tool. But we have a few now that are more than adaquete.

Ever hear of batteries?

Peace out, old rocks..

STIHL Dealer Locator

Nothing compares to tossing around a chainsaw at 1:30 in the morning .its better than sex..

IMG_20180611_013915.jpg

Basing Nuclear policy on a design from the 1950’s, which Fukushima was, is like basing automobile safety on the 57 Chevy. No seatbelts, no airbags, no crumple zones, no reinforced and puncture resistant gas tank. All the safety features we take for granted just aren’t there.

What if I told you that a design exists right now that would use nuclear waste as the fuel, and if it lost power as Fukushima did it was actually cool down and automatically shut down safely with zero release of any radiation? That design exists. That design exists and we could be building them right now. At the end you have deprecated uranium as the waste product. Not the safest material, but certainly not nearly as dangerous as what we have buried in the ground now.

Just as modern cars are infinitely more safe than cars from the 1950’s, and airplanes are safer and more reliable, so are modern designed reactors. But we don’t consider that fact. It is like someone arguing that they played Pong once, and don’t see the value of computer simulations because it just wasn’t all that impressive.

This is a link to the Generation IV reactors that are just about ready to have construction started. Generation IV reactor - Wikipedia

View attachment 196757

Most of the Reactors in use now are Gen II or Gen III. Better, but still have a lot of room for improvement. Gen IV is much better than the designs like Fukushima, just as the safety features of a modern car are significantly better than the safest features of a car from 1950’s.

Ever hear of batteries?

Yeah they work fine, when I used to work, I had BATTERY powered Jigsaw for cutting irrigation pipe up to 12", Cut steel pipes and tree branches that were blocking the sprinklers spray, had the portable charger that ran right off my utility truck battery. Carried several extra batteries, so I can work all day without trouble. Have used small portable batter powered drills too, works great.

Everybody in the world, except for RWNJs in the US, is convinced that global climate change is real and something we need to deal with.

Climate change has been real for a BILLION years, thus your statement is absurd.
Of course, someone of reasonable intelligence realizes that there are drivers that create climate change. And the driver in the present rapid climate change is the very rapid buildup of GHGs due to the use of fossil fuels.

We have had it before happen even faster then this...

The great Sahara desert turned tropical to dry in a blink of an eye
In a finding that may help scientists better predict the pace of climate change, research published in Science shows how the Sahara Desert, a region as big as the U.S. that stretches from the Atlantic Ocean to the Red Sea across northern Africa, went from bountiful to bone-dry over a period of several thousand years.

From Bountiful to Barren: Rainfall Decrease Left the Sahara Out to Dry

I think that these people know more about that than you do.

The Sahara goes from wet to dry to wet approximately every 20,000 years.

Some people never heard the phrase, "time is money". Most people buying chainsaws or for-profit business. What happens when the battery goes dead on these silly electric chainsaws? Are you fucking serious....electric chainsaws?!!:iyfyus.jpg:. Some common sense is necessary in these discussions. A contractor using 18 or 24 volt drill tools has a battery go down well of course they can charge others and in the meantime be doing one of a million other things on any job. What does the guy doing demolition work or taking down trees do? Climb up into the tree and have a chat with the birds? The f*** they are.... no they'll be gassing up their chainsaw and getting back to work in about 45 seconds!:hello77:. Who will be using an electric chainsaw? Lol.... do I really need to elaborate and paint the picture on that?:laughing0301:

Some people never heard the phrase, "time is money". Most people buying chainsaws or for-profit business. What happens when the battery goes dead on these silly electric chainsaws? Are you fucking serious....electric chainsaws?!!:iyfyus.jpg:. Some common sense is necessary in these discussions. A contractor using 18 or 24 volt drill tools has a battery go down well of course they can charge others and in the meantime be doing one of a million other things on any job. What does the guy doing demolition work or taking down trees do? Climb up into the tree and have a chat with the birds? The f*** they are.... no they'll be gassing up their chainsaw and getting back to work in about 45 seconds!:hello77:. Who will be using an electric chainsaw? Lol.... do I really need to elaborate and paint the picture on that?:laughing0301:

Electric chainsaws using a cord?

I have run many chainsaws on the job, especially in the early days of my employment, with lengths up to 48", never have thought a corded electric chainsaw as being safe or practical.

Forum List

Back