Climate Change Deniers Claim to Understand Science

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either, or
None of which addresses the consensus on dark matter.

How many times must the "consensus" be wrong before you stop believing in it? Are you unaware that at some point, the consensus has been wrong on practically every scientific question ever asked?
Deniers are just like Galileo or some other misunderstood genius who history will eventually vindicate. Very inspiring.

Like Denier, consensus is a bullshit, anti-Science word
That prestigious scientific associations use, unlike flat earther deniers.

No, Honey Boo Boo, only the AGWCult uses the words "Denier" and "Consensus"

ooooooooo, they be "prestigious" . I guess we are suppose to bow to them when we come across their path
this is what happens when someone is Secular and doesn't believe in religion. . they need someone to worship. so Scientist is now the Chosen ones

it's worse than A CULT. they think they have a right to go around calling people names if they don't BOW TO THEM

ooooooooo, they be "prestigious" . I guess we are suppose to bow to them when we come across their path
this is what happens when someone is Secular and doesn't believe in religion. . they need someone to worship. so Scientist is now the Chosen ones
No, wrong again. The chosen one's are obviously Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity , they are but God's instruments, His holy megaphones.

it's worse than A CULT. they think they have a right to go around calling people names if they don't BOW TO THEM
My dear silly Ms. Stephanie, I suppose it is frustrating when your lack of education does not allow you to comprehend even the simplest statements of the scientists. That is hardly an indictment of the scientists, but rather an indication that you really need to do something about the nature of your abysmal ignorance.

My dear silly Ms. Stephanie, I suppose it is frustrating when your lack of education does not allow you to comprehend even the simplest statements of the scientists. That is hardly an indictment of the scientists, but rather an indication that you really need to do something about the nature of your abysmal ignorance.

Right again, Basil!

Hide the decline and Manns Nature Trick were simple and straightforward

Last edited:
Global Warming deniers are the same as Birthers, or Flat Earthers, or the people standing on the shore shouting at Columbus, "dont' go, you will sail off the end of the Earth."

Ignore them. Conservatism never moves mankind forward. They are the people that sweep up the Wright Brothers shop, mumbling how its all a fantasy in someone's head to fly, after the Wright Brothers just successfully completed the first flight.

Progressive Nanny State would have outlawed the Wright Brothers flying as "too dangerous"

The deniers really seem to be suffering from an eXtreme case of CDS as of late (like the entire time I've been here :eusa_shhh: )

As opposed to your having conducted a completely independent, unbiased, comprehensive study to confirm your observations.

Of course not...I rely on what I can see....on what we know about the past climate. We know that there is nothing happening in the present climate that is unprecedented...we know that there is nothing happening in the present climate that is even pushing the boundaries of natural variability.....we know that there is no obvious human fingerprint on the present climate....we know that there is no valid laboratory experiment that can verify the claims that CO2 causes temperature to rise....we know that the more papers that are published...the smaller the claimed climate sensitivity to CO2 gets...the present trend will have that sensitivity at, or below zero within a couple of decades.

I don't deny the past....and I don't deny that the real world diverges further and further away from the models...I don't deny that the models are spectacular failures and the models are the basis for AGW alarmism....not being a denier...and not having blind faith in "the establishment" I am able to simply look around and see for myself that the emperor is, in fact, bare assed naked.

It is interesting to me how many useful idiots either can't see this...or are willing to become political prostitutes in order to maintain the illusion of AGW.

So you are saying that the climate is behaving in a normal way
No, I'm saying your conditions for the evidence you'll accept are as ludicrous as those of all the other flat earther deniers.

How many times must the "consensus" be wrong before you stop believing in it? Are you unaware that at some point, the consensus has been wrong on practically every scientific question ever asked?
The scientific consensus represents the current best available knowledge. When there is new evidence requiring that knowledge to be updated it is done and a new consensus formed until the next time.

I can't believe I have to keep explaining such basic matters.

Either, or
None of which addresses the consensus on dark matter.

Deniers are just like Galileo or some other misunderstood genius who history will eventually vindicate. Very inspiring.

Not just Galileo....the numbers are practically countless...aren't you aware that on the vast majority of scientific topics, the consensus was wrong till the evidence that they were wrong grew so strong that they had to change in order to maintain any credibility whatsoever. Here, take a look at this chart of falling published estimates of climate sensitivity to CO2....

climate_sensitivity5.png

What you see there is evidence that the consensus has been wrong....and the evidence is mounting every year....eventually, the evidence will be so great that the consensus will abandon CO2 as having anything whatsoever to do with the climate.....and in 50 years, you won't be able to find anyone who will admit to ever having believed that CO2 contributed anything to the global climate.

The same story repeats over and over insofar as the scientific consensus is concerned. Hell the number of doctors who believed that stress caused stomach ulcers is dropping rapidly and within 25 years you won't be able to find any even though there will still be scores who actually did believe.

The consensus is almost never right in their early assessments of any scientific study...and they aren't right this time either....the chart above is hard evidence of that fact.

As many Scientist there are in the world. there can NEVER be a Consensus. Man the brainwashing from people in POLITICS, like albert Gore, Obama, THE whole commie/democrat party. etc. just shameful
You are a flat earther denier so by definition too ignorant to breathe unaided.

A scientific consensus exists for all scientific theories such as the theory of gravity, the theory of evolution, etc. That is how they came to be theories. By agreement among the vast majority of peers they are the best explanations for the available evidence.

There is always dissent, but until the dissenters can present enough evidence to convince other scientists, dissenters are all they shall remain.

I know you'll find this shocking, but there are supposedly some 'scientists' who disagree with the theory of evolution!

Amazing eh? Almost like they were flat earthers.

Absolutely hilarious coming from you rocks...a proud member of the Union of Concerned Scientists...an august body who only accepts the very cream of the scientific world....a body which can boast such distinguished members as Kenji...a dues paying....full fledged member with full voting rights.

kenji_watts.jpg

You are laughable rocks...absolutely laughable....in your gullibility...and your inflated opinion of yourself. Take a look above at the rapidly falling published sensitivity estimates to CO2....it is approaching zero even more quickly than I ever thought it would...How close to zero will it have to get before you abandon the hypothesis in order to save face?

ooooooooo, they be "prestigious" .
Yup, they are. And you accept and use their knowledge for everything except where it interferes with your cult, when you suddenly become selective. Oh well, cultist loonies are always with us.

not being a denier...and not having blind faith in "the establishment" I am able to simply look around and see for myself that the emperor is, in fact, bare assed naked.

It is interesting to me how many useful idiots either can't see this...or are willing to become political prostitutes in order to maintain the illusion of AGW.
Yeah, not a denier. Hilarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back