Clerk refuses to issue marriage license because bride is not a virgin.

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Ever happen?

Not that I've ever heard of. Even though the Bible clearly states that if the bride is not a virgin - the marriage is not valid. Now of course, in many cases, the clerk can't tell if the bride is a virgin. But in the case she is pregnant, chances are, she probably is not a virgin. And this isn't some rare incident - pregnant women get married all the time (in some cases, at the urging of clergy and religiously minded family members).

So why don't religious minded clerks resign over the state forcing them to issue marriage licenses to couples in the case where the bride is clearly not a virgin - but the same clerks are resigning over being forced to issue marriage licenses to gays? Is it because they are ignorant of God's law? Or is it because they simply hate gay people and are using the Bible as an excuse? Its got to be one of those two possibilities, which is it?

OK, so this OP is in preparation for the cult of LGBT watering down the potency of the mortal sin warned about in Jude 1 and Romans 1. The tactic is to use Old Testament laws (Christians follow the New Testament) and by bringing up venial sins which can be atoned for.

Mortal sins promise soul-death, the inability to enter Heaven. The language in Jude 1 and Romans 1 of the NEW TESTAMENT is clear and indisputable. Anyone who spreads a homosexual cultural movement or even someone who stands by and lets that happen is NOT getting into Heaven. Further, it's mentioned that they are sent to the pit for an eternity of peril. That's not eating pork on Friday or not being a virgin when married, or not observing the Sabbath. That's a whole other category of forbidden.

Ever happen?

Not that I've ever heard of. Even though the Bible clearly states that if the bride is not a virgin - the marriage is not valid. Now of course, in many cases, the clerk can't tell if the bride is a virgin. But in the case she is pregnant, chances are, she probably is not a virgin. And this isn't some rare incident - pregnant women get married all the time (in some cases, at the urging of clergy and religiously minded family members).

So why don't religious minded clerks resign over the state forcing them to issue marriage licenses to couples in the case where the bride is clearly not a virgin - but the same clerks are resigning over being forced to issue marriage licenses to gays? Is it because they are ignorant of God's law? Or is it because they simply hate gay people and are using the Bible as an excuse? Its got to be one of those two possibilities, which is it?

Well, I say, to each his own. But as for me, I have always felt that:

Ever happen?

More proof why the far left religion is the most dangerous religion on the planet..

Forum List

Back