Claire McCaskill Rips into Lying Hatch over tax plan for people making $50,000 or less..

Ill wait here for someone to explain how the middle class is getting a tax increase.
I would love to know. People keep saying i am getting fucked, i ask, and they run away :dunno:

It's because of what they consider the middle-class. The middle-class (as defined for this bill) is anywhere just out of poverty to well into six figure salaries. So if you make 180K per year, they consider you the middle-class.

64% of this group (the lower income earners) will see a tax reduction while the other 36% of this group (the higher income earners) will see a tax increase. Therefore the libs are saying it's a tax on the middle-class.

Ill wait here for someone to explain how the middle class is getting a tax increase.
I would love to know. People keep saying i am getting fucked, i ask, and they run away :dunno:

It's because of what they consider the middle-class. The middle-class (as defined for this bill) is anywhere just out of poverty to well into six figure salaries. So if you make 180K per year, they consider you the middle-class.

64% of this group (the lower income earners) will see a tax reduction while the other 36% of this group (the higher income earners) will see a tax increase. Therefore the libs are saying it's a tax on the middle-class.
I thought around 25K to 100K was middle class

One would think. I guess there is no longer an upper-middle-class group as far as they are concerned. You are either middle-class or wealthy.

One would think. I guess there is no longer an upper-middle-class group as far as they are concerned. You are either middle-class or wealthy.
Honestly, i see nothing wrong with what my taxes could be. Seems like a good deal for me. Of course, thats personal so opinions will vary.

No one is going to educate you. Read.

sequestration would cut medicare under tax plan - Google Search
That is a separate issue.
While i will admit it is a shitty place to make up for lost income, my point remains.

It's not separate at all. It's built into the plan, dope.

While i will admit it is a shitty place to make up for lost income, my point remains.

Its a seperate ISSUE. Cutting medicare payments has nothing to do with income tax.
So, where is the middle class TAX INCREASE

Honestly, i see nothing wrong with what my taxes could be. Seems like a good deal for me. Of course, thats personal so opinions will vary.

Looks like I would benefit too (I'm far from a six figure earner) but to be honest, I could care less about a tax cut. I would rather them concentrate on balancing the budget and reducing our debt. This plan only adds more debt which I'm not too keen about.

Its a seperate ISSUE. Cutting medicare payments has nothing to do with income tax.

It's not separate in any way, ya ignorant wretch. Read the supplied links that explain why it's not separate.

It's not separate in any way, ya ignorant wretch. Read the supplied links that explain why it's not separate.
Oh ok. All of a SUDDEN, medicare and INCOME TAX are the same issue
Goddamn dude...

Goddamn dude...

What prompts the cuts to Medicaid, dope?

Do you believe those who designed this tax plan just haplessly created a plan that had the unintended consequence of cutting medicaid?

Goddamn dude...

Do you believe those who designed this tax plan just haplessly created a plan that had the unintended consequence of cutting medicaid?
No but them cutting medicare payments are not the same as getting a tax increase. You goobers are playing on FEAR. Ironically, what you guys accuse the other side of doing all the time.
hek, it could probably have more of an effect if you were actually intellectually honest about it..
What if they were making up for lost $$ with school funding. Would you still call it a middle class tax increase? I mean, it is tied to the bil... LOL

Goddamn dude...

No but them cutting medicare payments are not the same as getting a tax increase. You goobers are playing on FEAR. Ironically, what you guys accuse the other side of doing all the time.
hek, it could probably have more of an effect if you were actually intellectually honest about it..
What if they were making up for lost $$ with school funding. Would you still call it a middle class tax increase? I mean, it is tied to the bil... LOL

If parents are expected to make up the shortfall it IS a tax increase. In fact it’s a pretty standard bait and switch.

They lower your taxes by $1,500 and take it out of the school budget. You cheer the tax cut. Now the school has to make up the shortfall so they institute a tuition fee.

By the time they factor in the costs in billing the tuition, collection costs and the like, every student has to pay $2000 to make up the shortfall. Parents of school age children just got handed a tax hike. If they have more than one child, it’s a huge tax hike. If they can’t afford to pay it, their kids may drop out of school.

This is actually happening as more and more communities close public schools and replace them with charter schools. Poor kids are disappearing from the education system.

About the only chance poor kids have to escape poverty is through education. When they lose that, they have no chance.

Goddamn dude...

You goobers are playing on FEAR.

No.
Pointing out facts that show that they know they're lying about the plan.

Goddamn dude...

No.
It isnt an income tax increase. That is a LIE

Goddamn dude...

No.
It isnt an income tax increase. That is a LIE

That wasn't the claim, dope.

Forum List

Back