Civil Disobedience

Nothing better than the smoking bans. Best legislation ever passed

For 150 years we had to breathe the smokers air.......now he has to breathe ours

And how will you feel when legislation is passed that prevents you from doing or allowing something on your property that you actually do care about? Can you say hypocrit?

I do not give a shit what you do on YOUR property. In a public place, I have no desire to breathe your air. Try breathing my air for a while....it could save your life

For 150 years we had to breathe the smokers air

You could've left if you wanted to.

I prefer to make you leave...thats the law

You are the one fouling the air

Don't you love how the smokers claim their rights are infringed and the non smoker should just move? Until about 20 years ago the law was that if you did not smoke you had no choice but to either breathe smokers smoke or not go out. I do not recall any complaints from smokers about how "unfair" that was.

I personally think an establishment should be free to make their own policy and suffer the economic consequences of those choices.

For 150 years we had to breathe the smokers air.......now he has to breathe ours

And how will you feel when legislation is passed that prevents you from doing or allowing something on your property that you actually do care about? Can you say hypocrit?

I do not give a shit what you do on YOUR property. In a public place, I have no desire to breathe your air. Try breathing my air for a while....it could save your life

We're talking about people's private property, bars and restaurants are for the most part privately owned.

It's only a public place if it is publicly owned. If I own the bar and I want to allow smoking I will. Then the market will decide what's in my best interests. If I make more money by not allowing smokers, that's what I'll do and vic versa. But you don't have the right to tell me an establishment that I own lock stock and barrell what I can and can't allow amongst consenting adults within.

Last edited:

If uncle wants to say 'no smoking in the public library or on public transportation', ok. But uncle can't keep it's freaking paws off of anything so they say 'no smoking in JoeBob's Bar and Grille', privately own and operated by JoeBob. No booze allowed in a state owned campground? Ok. Just wait until uncle says 'hey, no booze in BettySue's privately owned and operated campground'. How would that sit?

Didn't anyone ever teach you how to cross the street on your own without someone having to hold your hand?

I prefer to make you leave...thats the law

You are the one fouling the air

Don't you love how the smokers claim their rights are infringed and the non smoker should just move? Until about 20 years ago the law was that if you did not smoke you had no choice but to either breathe smokers smoke or not go out. I do not recall any complaints from smokers about how "unfair" that was.

I personally think an establishment should be free to make their own policy and suffer the economic consequences of those choices.
Me too! My guess there would be a good assortment of both smoking and non-smoking. Many of our 'popular' restaurants went smoke-free before they had to. Others have now opened heated patios, which work fine at 45 or so, today-forget it! 22F.

Each would have their own cliental, doubt they'd lose as much as they are now. We have an enormous number of bars and restaurants going out of business.

It's only a public place if it is publicly owned. If I own the bar and I want to allow smoking I will. Then the market will decide what's in my best interests. If I make more money by not allowing smokers, that's what I'll do and vic versa. But you don't have the right to tell me an establishment that I own lock stock and barrell what I can and can't allow amongst consenting adults within.

And if in your bar you decide you will make more money by not allowing blacks inside, then that is your right too?

And if in your bar you decide you will make more money by not allowing blacks inside, then that is your right too?

And the goalpost has been moved. Uh . . . we're talking about smoking, rw.

Its the same principle. Your establishment/ your rules

Its why blacks were prohibited from eating in white establishments for generations

"Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone"

Its the same principle. Your establishment/ your rules

Its why blacks were prohibited from eating in white establishments for generations

"Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone"

Wow you are retarded. Which of these things is more like banning blacks:

Banning a group because of their behavior (smoking)

or

NOT banning a group because of their behavior?

Last edited:
Should there be laws telling private citizens what they can allow on their private property? HELL NO!
So murder and any kind of crime is okay so long as it happens on private property and the owner approved of it.

Now you have to leave, if you can't put out your cigarette.
Your smoke could kill or injure me. But not smoking won't kill or injure you.
The right of ALL people, smokers and non smokers combined, to not have to be subjected to the toxic, narcotic smoke of tyrannical nicotine junkies has been restored. America, you make me proud!

We're talking about people's private property, bars and restaurants are for the most part privately owned.
Privately owned public places. If you want to enjoy the privilege of doing business in this country, you must abide by the laws regulating public places.

The right of ALL people, smokers and non smokers combined, to not have to be subjected to the toxic, narcotic smoke of tyrannical nicotine junkies has been restored. America, you make me proud!

This exhale's for you.

400_F_2650376_aWXhMeJcuZsXpz9Jylv5kuZrWK7H5b.jpg

Breath deep!

Should there be laws telling private citizens what they can allow on their private property? HELL NO!
So murder and any kind of crime is okay so long as it happens on private property and the owner approved of it.

Sorry I don't have a lot of time for people who are either so obtuse or just plain stupid as to think what I said would also allow what you said.

Privately owned public places. If you want to enjoy the privilege of doing business in this country, you must abide by the laws regulating public places.

Does that make the law right? Another moron here brought up discrimination against blacks. This too is discrimination. It just happens to be discriminating against something you have no objection to in this case.

Last edited:

Does that make the law right? Another moron here brought up discrimination against blacks. This too is discrimination. It just happens to be discriminating against something you have no objection to in this case.
Blacks do not choose to be black.
Being black is not toxic to others.

Crybaby smokers are not being discriminated against, though they certainly are held in low esteem.

Listen moron..

Both have the same legal premise. The rights of a businessman to set the rules for his establishment. In both serving blacks and allowing smoking the courts ruled the same. Namely, businesses are public places and must be open to all.

You lose moron

Isn't it great to be able to go out in public and not have your hair and clothes reeking of cigarette smoke? To not have cigarette butts all over the ground? To not have your eyes water because of smokers?

Best legislation ever!

Forum List

Back