Civil Disobedience

You could've left if you wanted to.
Now you have to leave, if you can't put out your cigarette.
Your smoke could kill or injure me. But not smoking won't kill or injure you.
The right of ALL people, smokers and non smokers combined, to not have to be subjected to the toxic, narcotic smoke of tyrannical nicotine junkies has been restored. America, you make me proud!

Isn't it great to be able to go out in public and not have your hair and clothes reeking of cigarette smoke? To not have cigarette butts all over the ground? To not have your eyes water because of smokers?

Best legislation ever!
It made a huge impact on my life and health. I was working in a bar/restaurant when the legislation past in my state.
Most smokers I know agree with the legislation. The desperado druggies in this thread are too addicted to understand that the laws are fair. Actually, I think they do understand it but since getting their fix is more important to them than anything else in the world, they will never admit it.
They are fringe group that is dying out. Literally.

For 150 years we had to breathe the smokers air

The right of ALL people, smokers and non smokers combined, to not have to be subjected to the toxic, narcotic smoke of tyrannical nicotine junkies has been restored. America, you make me proud!

You have no right to demand a private business cater to you.

Isn't it great to be able to go out in public and not have your hair and clothes reeking of cigarette smoke? To not have cigarette butts all over the ground? To not have your eyes water because of smokers?

Best legislation ever!
It made a huge impact on my life and health. I was working in a bar/restaurant when the legislation past in my state.
Most smokers I know agree with the legislation. The desperado druggies in this thread are too addicted to understand that the laws are fair. Actually, I think they do understand it but since getting their fix is more important to them than anything else in the world, they will never admit it.
They are fringe group that is dying out. Literally.

I don't smoke but I think businesses should be able to set up their own rules as to what they allow their patrons to do.

Oh and do wake me up when you have a real argument instead of pitiful attempts to hurl insults at your opponents (or ad populum fallacies).

Privately owned public places. If you want to enjoy the privilege of doing business in this country, you must abide by the laws regulating public places.

Does that make the law right? Another moron here brought up discrimination against blacks. This too is discrimination. It just happens to be discriminating against something you have no objection to in this case.

Listen moron..

Both have the same legal premise. The rights of a businessman to set the rules for his establishment. In both serving blacks and allowing smoking the courts ruled the same. Namely, businesses are public places and must be open to all.

You lose moron

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight because the Courts have never made bad decisions or ignored everything in favor of their agenda when deciding on a case. :lol:

Privately owned public places. If you want to enjoy the privilege of doing business in this country, you must abide by the laws regulating public places.

Does that make the law right? Another moron here brought up discrimination against blacks. This too is discrimination. It just happens to be discriminating against something you have no objection to in this case.
Blacks do not choose to be black.
Being black is not toxic to others.

And you can choose not to set foot in those establishments but apparently such a concept is too difficult for you to grasp.

:lol:

But that's exactly what you are demanding. Sorry, nobody caters to smokers anymore. Deal with it.

Listen moron..

Both have the same legal premise. The rights of a businessman to set the rules for his establishment. In both serving blacks and allowing smoking the courts ruled the same. Namely, businesses are public places and must be open to all.

You lose moron

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight because the Courts have never made bad decisions or ignored everything in favor of their agenda when deciding on a case. :lol:

As has previously been shown, the courts made a great decision in this case. Smokers were spoiling the air for other patrons, throwing their butts wherever they pleased, spreading their foul smells, impacting the health of others and ruining the work environment for others.

Bout time someone stood up to them

But that's exactly what you are demanding. Sorry, nobody caters to smokers anymore. Deal with it.
How? I'm saying such laws that ban smoking should not be around, I'd say the same thing about laws that demand smoking.

Although if no one actually catered to smokers such a law would be a waste of time and yet here you are hellbent on defending it.

Listen moron..

You lose moron

As has previously been shown, the courts made a great decision in this case. Smokers were spoiling the air for other patrons, throwing their butts wherever they pleased, spreading their foul smells, impacting the health of others and ruining the work environment for others.

Bout time someone stood up to them

Then the bar owner could ban smoking if he wanted to, they've always had the right to do that. You're not standing up for anyone, you're trampling on their right to run the place as they please.

And you can choose not to set foot in those establishments but apparently such a concept is too difficult for you to grasp.
And smokers can chose not set foot in establishments where smoking is not permitted. They are perfectly free to do whatever they like, as long as it is lawful.

One of my favorites is going to the movies. It used to be you had to watch the film through a cloud of smoke. You got out, your hair smelled, your clothes stank. Cigarette burns on the seats, butts all over the floor

Does anyone really miss this?

Last edited:

And smokers can chose not set foot in establishments where smoking is not permitted. They are perfectly free to do whatever they like, as long as it is lawful.

Smoking isn't permitted in many places at all nowadays . . . . so fuck those smokers, they can just do without huh?

How? I'm saying such laws that ban smoking should not be around, I'd say the same thing about laws that demand smoking.

Although if no one actually catered to smokers such a law would be a waste of time and yet here you are hellbent on defending it.
Suppose I enjoyed the habit of mixing bleach and ammonia together while I was in bars and restaurants. Would you also be defending my right to do that?

Why yes the bar owner should be able to choose whether he wants to allow smoking or not as with beer, as with spicy foods, no one else's.

Smoking isn't permitted in many places at all nowadays . . . . so fuck those smokers, they can just do without huh?
Fuck' em if they think they can poison me just because they want to poison themselves.
They don't have to do without their fix. Chewing tobacco is still allowed because it only affects the chewer.

Suppose I enjoyed the habit of mixing bleach and ammonia together while I was in bars and restaurants. Would you also be defending my right to do that?

If the owners were OK with it then yes, I could just leave. If the owners weren't fine with it, I'd fully support them being able to call the police to throw you out, same with smokers.

Thats the general idea

One of my favorites is going to the movies. It used to be you had to watch the film through a cloud of smoke. You got out, your hair smelled, your clothes stank. Cigarette burns on the seats, butts all over the floor

What's wrong with not going to a theater or finding one that bans smoking?

If the owners were OK with it then yes, I could just leave. If the owners weren't fine with it, I'd fully support them being able to call the police to throw you out, same with smokers.
So you think it's okay for people to mix bleach and ammonia in public places. Noted.

:cuckoo:

What's wrong with not going to a theater or finding one that bans smoking?

Why should you have the right to ruin the experience of others just because you can't control your personal habits?

Guess what? You don't have the right

Forum List

Back