City gives Occupy Philadelphia 48 Hr. eviction notice

I just find it funny that the left was so against the tea party calling them terrorist for protesting and they did it in a orderly fashion but when their side does it . Its all peachy no matter what they do . Rapes, shitting on stuff, drugs , ect..

I just find it funny that the left was so against the tea party calling them terrorist for protesting and they did it in a orderly fashion but when their side does it . Its all peachy no matter what they do . Rapes, shitting on stuff, drugs , ect..

Naw, the thousands of arrests are just isolated incidents by infiltrators. :lol:

I watched the "livestream" early this morning. At 4:20 they "celebrated 4/20", smoking dope right in front of the cops.

I have commended the mayor up to this point, but enough already.

I watched the "livestream" early this morning. At 4:20 they "celebrated 4/20", smoking dope right in front of the cops.
I bet that 30 minutes later they all got the munchies, ate some chips, saw the sun starting to rise, and then went to sleep in their tents.

Slackers like these OWS Flea Party protesters hate early morning hours.

Which is why they never could keep a job. (that is if they ever had one in the first place) :lol: :cuckoo:

Last edited:
The protesters are protesting for the right to receive income without working. Why would they let a project like this go forward.

indeed...........but...................

Occupy-Wall-Street-Protest.jpg

peewee-4.jpg

nat_ows_arrest_page.jpg

They are being told to leave across the country.

Maybe next time they will have a unified purpose.

Probably is what they need, seeing as the federal government has conspired with towns and police departments across the country to suppress them.

A sterling example of legal fiction is what's called corporate personhood. Think about it: A corporation isn't a person. It's a business, a pool of investors' money used to conduct transactions and hopefully make a profit.

It is an assembly of persons, legally bound into a singular entity, and as such must have the same basic rights as individuals. Under the constitution, people have the right to assemble for a variety of reasons, including to conduct business. The act of assembling cannot strip the individuals of their basic rights in the course of doing their peaceful business. For example, if the corporation is sued, the corporation has a constitutional right to council, because the individuals have a right to council. If the individuals want to, en assembly, say that the President is the best President ever, or the worst President ever, then they have the right to do what as an assembly, i.e. as a corporation.

A sterling example of legal fiction is what's called corporate personhood. Think about it: A corporation isn't a person. It's a business, a pool of investors' money used to conduct transactions and hopefully make a profit.

It is an assembly of persons, legally bound into a singular entity, and as such must have the same basic rights as individuals. Under the constitution, people have the right to assemble for a variety of reasons, including to conduct business. The act of assembling cannot strip the individuals of their basic rights in the course of doing their peaceful business. For example, if the corporation is sued, the corporation has a constitutional right to council, because the individuals have a right to council. If the individuals want to, en assembly, say that the President is the best President ever, or the worst President ever, then they have the right to do what as an assembly, i.e. as a corporation.

How many corporations have served jail time for crimes?

Only money is at risk for a corporation not it's freedoms.

Tell us how an inanimate object commits a crime and we can go from there.

There are freedoms that can be infringed upon without having to be thrown in jail. Like I said, individuals have a right to free speech. Predicating their right to assembly on the idea that it would necessitate surrendering their right to free speech would make both constitutional protections weak and in name only.

When corporations undertake wrong doing, it's the individuals who are held responsible for their individual behavior. This is a reasonable and practical approach to dealing with wrong doing within corporations. It's not practical to throw every single person in jail, nor would that be constitutional. The wrong doing of on member of an assembly does not establish wrong doing of the entire group. Even when an organized effort exists within the hierarchy of the assembly, there can still be dissension and even active efforts to resist decisions and/or actions.

The problem is that the language that is used to talk about this is often imprecise and often intentionally charged to suit people's agendas. Calling corporations "people" is a legal device that recognizes that corporations are assemblies of people, and that such assembly does not strip the individuals of their legal rights, yet the assembly does create a new legal entity at the same time, whereby the individual may not be able to reasonably be held responsible directly for many things, because there will be many things that are well out of their hands.

All this being said, I do feel that we need improvements in our law that would address the problems we see today of special interests having a dominant control over the government and corporations having practically unfettered ability to conduct illegal and shady business practices. But we can't get there by saying "this was wrong, we should undo it." In fact, this was right within the context of preserving the basic rights of individuals. The problem is just that times have changed and with changing times we need to occasionally update our system when it starts to become out of balance.

The movement isn't going away, but it is changing tactics, partly in response to government action, partly because camping on public land has outlived its usefulness.

How was camping on public land useful in the first place??

It sure drew in alot of attention and coverage, didn't it?
All the OWS Flea Party protests generated was negative publicity.

I don't see how any of that helped their cause.

Especially, since no one could figure out what their cause was about or what they really wanted?? :cool:

Forum List

Back