Citibank CEO - Banks Need Regulation

I'll go one further.

How did the banks "pay back the government"? Did they break out a printing press in the basement?

Fuck no.

What they did was go back to their paying customers, the ones who still had jobs, and hit them with a whole bunch of new fees, increased interest rates and penalties to raise that money.

So it's like we got screwed by the banksters twice. First they wrecked the economy, then they squeezed blood from a turnip in order to get out from under the loans they got from the government.

BUt Toro and Rabbi will try to act like the banks were the victims here, and we need Romney to protect them from further abuse.

How did the banks "pay back the government"?

The same way anyone pays back a loan. With money.

Okay, Paint-Chip, I realize you are some kind of high-functioning retard, but go back and read what I said. And then go back and have someone help you with the big words.

They paid them back not with the obscene profits they made when times were good. They paid them back SCREWING their customers with all sorts of gimmicks.

Again, best way to prevent the next banking crisis is to send the ones who perpetrated this one to repeated sodomy in big boy jail.

They paid them back SCREWING their customers with all sorts of gimmicks.

Waaaaa.

hey, Rabbi and Chippy, you guys go ahead and keep running on the "Mr. Potter" platform.

That worked so well for you in 2008, I'm sure you'll do just fine with it in 2012.

As far as I know neither of us is running for anything.
The GOP did rather well in 2010 running on the idea that gov't isn't there to punish private business. Only troglodyte class warriors with little education and less room for advancement get a thrill out of sticking it to da Man. Like you.

hey, Rabbi and Chippy, you guys go ahead and keep running on the "Mr. Potter" platform.

That worked so well for you in 2008, I'm sure you'll do just fine with it in 2012.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

The GOP did rather well in 2010 running on the idea that gov't isn't there to punish private business. Only troglodyte class warriors with little education and less room for advancement get a thrill out of sticking it to da Man. Like you.

Please stop trying to pass off 2010 as anything but a hissy about the economy, guy.

It's laughable.

The GOP has already rejected the TEA Party. You guys had your moment, and you're done.

Please stop trying to pass off 2010 as anything but a hissy about the economy, guy.

It's laughable.

The GOP has already rejected the TEA Party. You guys had your moment, and you're done.

Gee I thought you were a Republican. I guess that was an act too.

It's laughable.

Gee I thought you were a Republican. I guess that was an act too.

NOpe. Just someone who thinks his party- the one that was about fiscal responsbility, strong defense and traditional values - has lost its way.

Which is what happens when your party falls asleep next to a bag full of money, I guess.

Hells, bells, man, even Bush-43 felt that it was necessary to prosecute the Enron Guys.

The Enron guys committed out and out fraud. Hardly the same as bad judgment.

Of course from your perspective anyone who wears a tie to work is suspect. You can't distinguish them.

Of course from your perspective anyone who wears a tie to work is suspect. You can't distinguish them.

Well, it would be nice to hang them with their hideous neckwear, yeah.

Actually, we could argue the Enron Case. I personally thought Fastow (the CFO who did most of the dirty deeds) got off easy while Ken Lay was kind of a public scapegoat (he had retired before most of the shenanigans were going on and came back to try to save the company when it was sinking).

Point was, there was accountablity!

Actually, we could argue the Enron Case. I personally thought Fastow (the CFO who did most of the dirty deeds) got off easy while Ken Lay was kind of a public scapegoat (he had retired before most of the shenanigans were going on and came back to try to save the company when it was sinking).

Bankers, Mormons, Jews. They're all the same. Shoot em all and let God sort em out, eh uber-RINO?

Bankers, Mormons, Jews. They're all the same. Shoot em all and let God sort em out, eh uber-RINO?

Since there is no God, nope...

But please keep talking about "Jews" when I don't talk about them at all.

Forum List

Back