CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attac

I am one who would rather starve to death than kill someone and take their food.

I and others have that same moral code that makes the dangers samller then the moral abyss.

YOU can never proove they could not have stopped this without this information. That is unknowable.

If Obama get caught allowing torture will you defend him?

I wont.

I heard that these two terrorists sang like songbirds after 5 minutes of being waterboarded.

Then why did they waterboard them each over 100 times?

read the WSJ piece and find out that a "waterboarding incident" usually lasted 20 seconds or less.

For Christ's sake I could hold my breath that long when I was 3 years old.

I wouldn't expect a Murdoch outlet to say anything else.

Do you have info from a reliable source?

but you wouldn't harm a terrorist.. That makes perfect sense!

No, I wouldn't let it get out that I was torturing.

Bush is ultimately the boss. So those Abu Grabe pictures are on his shoulders.

ESPECIALLY now that we know he gave the word to torture.

And, we tortured too many people and for sadistic reasons. We tortured foot soldiers.

PS. Do you want our soldiers tortured? What about that American woman who is in jail in Iran? You do know they are going to torture her, right?

On behalf of the family, friends and colleagues of Roxana Saberi, and the many American citizens who share our concerns, we urgently request a series of steps be taken in the case of Roxana Saberi, an independent journalist and dual citizen of the United States and Iran, who is being held in Evin Prison in Tehran, Iran.

We now ask that one or more international organizations that have responsibilities and rights under the Geneva Conventions be permitted access to Roxana immediately to ascertain her health and well-being and to determine the conditions under which she is held.

We now ask that the specific charges against Roxana Saberi be made public. If no charges are filed, we now urge her immediate release and ask that she be given permission to return to her home country, the United States.

Can you believe we have the balls to ask this? Should we release all the "terrorists" in Guantanimo?

I suspect we have gotten zero information from torture. In fact, I heard that befriending these prisoners gets you a lot more information than torturing them does.

Are you naive enough to believe that if we play nice with the fucking terrorists that they won't torture and kill Americans guilty of nothing but being Americans?

Why don't you ask Dan Perl

Go here to watch if you have the stomach for it.

THE DANIEL PEARL BEHEADING VIDEO

These are the fucking savages our troops are dealing with. You tell me how much respect and consideration they deserve.

And people wonder why this country is going to hell???? You got liberals out there wanting to fight other Americans more than terrorists.... :cuckoo:

I heard that these two terrorists sang like songbirds after 5 minutes of being waterboarded.

read the WSJ piece and find out that a "waterboarding incident" usually lasted 20 seconds or less.

Like the NYT?

You mean like NBC News or MSNBC, run by Jeffrey Immelt? :lol:

The Wall Street Journal isn't credible? :lol:

And, we tortured too many people and for sadistic reasons. We tortured foot soldiers.

PS. Do you want our soldiers tortured? What about that American woman who is in jail in Iran? You do know they are going to torture her, right?

On behalf of the family, friends and colleagues of Roxana Saberi, and the many American citizens who share our concerns, we urgently request a series of steps be taken in the case of Roxana Saberi, an independent journalist and dual citizen of the United States and Iran, who is being held in Evin Prison in Tehran, Iran.

We now ask that one or more international organizations that have responsibilities and rights under the Geneva Conventions be permitted access to Roxana immediately to ascertain her health and well-being and to determine the conditions under which she is held.

We now ask that the specific charges against Roxana Saberi be made public. If no charges are filed, we now urge her immediate release and ask that she be given permission to return to her home country, the United States.

Can you believe we have the balls to ask this? Should we release all the "terrorists" in Guantanimo?

I suspect we have gotten zero information from torture. In fact, I heard that befriending these prisoners gets you a lot more information than torturing them does.

Are you naive enough to believe that if we play nice with the fucking terrorists that they won't torture and kill Americans guilty of nothing but being Americans?

These are the fucking savages our troops are dealing with. You tell me how much respect and consideration they deserve.

yep! they beheaded Danny Pearl, and all of his children and all of his children's children and all of his childrens childrens children.. whatcha wanna bet Danny Pearl would choose waterboarding?

Then what you need to do is stick you head right back up your uninformed ass!

Like the NYT?

Anything that corroborates it from a source that is not obviously biased toward conservative/Republicans as the Murdoch outlets obviously are.

Yeah, if I cited just the NYT for a opinionated proposition I'd expect you would question the veratcity, and I would understand why you'd do it. It has a rep for a left leaning bias.

In this case, you say they were only waterboarded 20 secs, and as you point out, anyone can hold their breath that lot. Yet this was supposedly enough to induce the alleged terrorists to provide information.

That just doesn't make sense. So, given the source, yeah I question it.

Sure, if I cited MSNBC as the sole source for a controversial piece, I'd expect you to challenge it, and understandably. MSNBC has a rep for left leaning bias.

The WSJ used to be a respectable though conservative periodical. But since it was purchased by Rupert Murdoch, its quality has devolved in comparison wiht other right biased Murdoch outlets, like Fox News.

Last edited:

I haven't seen that video since 9-11. Amazing.

Ever hear two wrongs don't make a right?

And yes, we should not torture because that puts us on the side of richousness.

I just had a dozen thoughts on why/how you are wrong. Its pointless to explain it to you. Just know that you were wrong before Bush took office, and you are wrong now that he's gone. And it is amazing to me that someone who thinks like you was running this country. Just remember, Bush was really dumb. And Cheney is really evil. That's who you agree with.

But, why are you torturing them?

a. Because they torture us
b. Because we actually think they are holding some information that might make us safer

Based on how many people you tortured, I think you got off on it.

You know what? We knew you right wingers were wrong when Bush was torturing, and we had an election that confirms America does not approve of Dick Cheney or Bush or any of their policies, one being torture.

Like the NYT?

Anything that corroborates it from a source that is not obviously biased toward conservative/Republicans as the Murdoch outlets obviously are.

Yeah, if I cited just the NYT for a opinionated proposition I'd expect you would question the veratcity, and I would understand why you'd do it. It has a rep for a left leaning bias.

In this case, you say they were only waterboarded 20 secs, and as you point out, anyone can hold their breath that lot. Yet this was supposedly enough to induce the alleged terrorists to provide information.

I would guess that this is part of the reason for 183 waterboarding attempts. If you do it for 5 minutes you just break that down into 15, 20 second occurances.

Like the NYT?

No, unlike you, i would try to find a source that refuted your claim.

you see, it's easy to avoid a discussion when you say "your source sucks"

What's that the "I know you are but what am I" school of debate?

I've said that all along. A libral dosen't have anything he's willing to fight and die for.

I would fight and die conservatives for control of this country.

Well Sealy, if there are enough of you perhaps we should bring the troops home from the middle east, discharge them, invite anyone else in the country so inclined, and ask the Headress of HS to get out of the way for about 3 months.

Saying that kind of fight and die for politics crap is exactly what galvanizes stupidity and leads to forms of trouble most of the participants never imagined.

I haven't seen that video since 9-11. Amazing. Danny Pearl was beheaded when???

And yes, we should not torture because that puts us on the side of richousness. why would a buncha atheists want to be on the side of righteousness?? for God's sake?

I just had a dozen thoughts on why/how you are wrong. Its pointless to explain it to you. Just know that you were wrong before Bush took office, and you are wrong now that he's gone. And it is amazing to me that someone who thinks like you was running this country. Just remember, Bush was really dumb. And Cheney is really evil. That's who you agree with.

b. Because we actually think they are holding some information that might make us safer

You know what? We knew you right wingers were wrong when Bush was torturing, and we had an election that confirms America does not approve of Dick Cheney or Bush or any of their policies, one being torture.

...Dummies. go figure!

So your point is we lower our moral standards to the terrorists? That's kind of morall relavism, isn't it?

Like the NYT?

Critics claim that enhanced techniques do not produce good intelligence because people will say anything to get the techniques to stop. But the memos note that, "as Abu Zubaydah himself explained with respect to enhanced techniques, 'brothers who are captured and interrogated are permitted by Allah to provide information when they believe they have reached the limit of their ability to withhold it in the face of psychological and physical hardship."
washingtonpost.com

The author of the piece has stated that the current administration published the types of interrogation, but cut out all of the positive results obtained, and contends that this is close to lying about the methods, as it feeds into the "you don't get good results" story.

And here is the NYTimes article that you crave:
Interrogation Techniques - Interactive Graphic - NYTimes.com

Then what you need to do is stick you head right back up your uninformed ass!

Sorry, I don't consider you to be a reliable source either. Maybe others do.

At least when I watch MSNBC I hear both sides of every argument.

They either have Pat Buchanan on, Rove, Tancrado, Delay or NEWT on every night. And those men get PLENTY of air time.

You might want to watch. It's pretty cool hearing both sides. I hate hearing from Tom Delay, but at least you can't say they don't give both sides a voice.

That is, unless you aren't watching MSNBC. Then maybe you don't know that they do this.

And why doesn't Fox do this? Anytime they ever have a liberal on, I've never heard of them before. And they are usually soft spoken. In other words, a bunch of Colmbes.

I haven't seen that video since 9-11. Amazing.

And yes, we should not torture because that puts us on the side of richousness.

Again read the WSJ piece and tell me how horribly the fucking terrorists were treated.

this has absolutely nothing to do with politics but as usual you can't think outside of your GOP sucks and Democrats are wonderful paradigm.

The issue here is pragmatism and nothing more. If you had any degree of certainty that a bomb was going to be detonated in a school your child attends, and you had one of the men involved in custody you would rather let your children and the children of every other parent in that school die rather than pour water of the man's face?

I would fight and die conservatives for control of this country.

Well Sealy, if there are enough of you perhaps we should bring the troops home from the middle east, discharge them, invite anyone else in the country so inclined, and ask the Headress of HS to get out of the way for about 3 months.

Saying that kind of fight and die for politics crap is exactly what galvanizes stupidity and leads to forms of trouble most of the participants never imagined.

Hey, if Texas and Alaska wants to succeed from the union, i want to go to war. Just kidding. Are they?

Forum List

Back