CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attac

I am one who would rather starve to death than kill someone and take their food.

I and others have that same moral code that makes the dangers samller then the moral abyss.

YOU can never proove they could not have stopped this without this information. That is unknowable.

If Obama get caught allowing torture will you defend him?

I wont.

I've said that all along. A libral dosen't have anything he's willing to fight and die for.

I am one who would rather starve to death than kill someone and take their food.

I and others have that same moral code that makes the dangers samller then the moral abyss.

YOU can never proove they could not have stopped this without this information. That is unknowable.

I wont.

I'd call him a hero!

I've said that all along. A libral dosen't have anything he's willing to fight and die for.

I would fight and die conservatives for control of this country.

Oh yea, and 9 FUCKING 11.

Today you right wing pussies are crying that Obama is sending predator drones into Pakistan, a soverign nation, waaaa, waaaaa.

Well remember Bush said dead or alive? Remember? Either you are with us or against us?

So if Pakistan is unable to take the Taliban and Al Queda out, we must. And if we didn't, your fucked up party would say we were weak.

They killed thousands of Americans on 9-11. It seems conservatives have forgotten.

Do you think we won't point that out whenever we can? Bush had Bin ladin surrounded in the Tora Bora's and let him go because he wanted to lie us into Iraq, which has a huge fucking part in bankrupting our country.

Yes, I would fight and die to keep your kind from ruining this country again.

PS. Mostly poor people sign up, fight and die in wars. They are most likely Democrats.

Last edited:

I wont.

That sounds good from where you sit now and what your current motivations and needs are. I will leave it at that.

The Memos Prove We Didn't Torture - WSJ.com

The four memos on CIA interrogation released by the White House last week reveal a cautious and conservative Justice Department advising a CIA that cared deeply about staying within the law. Far from "green lighting" torture -- or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment of detainees -- the memos detail the actual techniques used and the many measures taken to ensure that interrogations did not cause severe pain or degradation.

Interrogations were to be "continuously monitored" and "the interrogation team will stop the use of particular techniques or the interrogation altogether if the detainee's medical or psychological conditions indicates that the detainee might suffer significant physical or mental harm."

An Aug. 1, 2002, memo describes the practice of "walling" -- recently revealed in a report by the International Committee of the Red Cross, which suggested that detainees wore a "collar" used to "forcefully bang the head and body against the wall" before and during interrogation. In fact, detainees were placed with their backs to a "flexible false wall," designed to avoid inflicting painful injury. Their shoulder blades -- not head -- were the point of contact, and the "collar" was used not to give additional force to a blow, but further to protect the neck.

The memo says the point was to inflict psychological uncertainty, not physical pain: "the idea is to create a sound that will make the impact seem far worse than it is and that will be far worse than any injury that might result from the action."

Shackling and confinement in a small space (generally used to create discomfort and muscle fatigue) were also part of the CIA program, but they were subject to stringent time and manner limitations. Abu Zubaydah (a top bin Laden lieutenant) had a fear of insects. He was, therefore, to be put in a "cramped confinement box" and told a stinging insect would be put in the box with him. In fact, the CIA proposed to use a harmless caterpillar. Confinement was limited to two hours.

The memos are also revealing about the practice of "waterboarding," about which there has been so much speculative rage from the program's opponents. The practice, used on only three individuals, involved covering the nose and mouth with a cloth and pouring water over the cloth to create a drowning sensation.

This technique could be used for up to 40 seconds -- although the CIA orally informed Justice Department lawyers that it would likely not be used for more than 20 seconds at a time. Unlike the exaggerated claims of so many Bush critics, the memos make clear that water was not actually expected to enter the detainee's lungs, and that measures were put in place to prevent complications if this did happen and to ensure that the individual did not develop respiratory distress.

All of these interrogation methods have been adapted from the U.S. military's own Survival Evasion Resistance Escape (or SERE) training program, and have been used for years on thousands of American service members with the full knowledge of Congress. This has created a large body of information about the effect of these techniques, on which the CIA was able to draw in assessing the likely impact on the detainees and ensuring that no severe pain or long term psychological impact would result.

The actual intelligence benefits of the CIA program are also detailed in these memos. The CIA believed, evidently with good reason, that the enhanced interrogation program had indeed produced actionable intelligence about al Qaeda's plans. First among the resulting successes was the prevention of a "second wave" of al Qaeda attacks, to be carried out by an "east Asian" affiliate, which would have involved the crashing of another airplane into a building in Los Angeles.

The interrogation techniques described in these memos are indisputably harsh, but they fall well short of "torture." They were developed and deployed at a time of supreme peril, as a means of preventing future attacks on innocent civilians both in the U.S. and abroad.

The dedicated public servants at the CIA and Justice Department -- who even the Obama administration has concluded should not be prosecuted -- clearly cared intensely about staying within the law as well as protecting the American homeland. These memos suggest that they achieved both goals in a manner fully consistent with American values.

Messrs. Rivkin and Casey, who served in the Justice Department under George H.W. Bush, were U.S. delegates to the U.N. Subcommission on the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights.

Here's the bald faced truth.. Obama dosen't have the balls to stand up to the far left. They are pressuring him to do it and he will do it. Cause that's how spineless a twerp he is.. Watch and see. And the distraction will ruin his regime just like it did Clinton's..

I wont.

I heard that these two terrorists sang like songbirds after 5 minutes of being waterboarded.

Then why did they waterboard them each over 100 times?

I wont.

I'd call him a hero!

No you would insult him for giving the order just like you did when he took out pirates.

Oh yea, and 9 FUCKING 11.

Today you right wing pussies are crying that Obama is sending predator drones into Pakistan, a soverign nation, waaaa, waaaaa.

Well remember Bush said dead or alive? Remember? Either you are with us or against us?

So if Pakistan is unable to take the Taliban and Al Queda out, we must. And if we didn't, your fucked up party would say we were weak.

They killed thousands of Americans on 9-11. It seems conservatives have forgotten.

Do you think we won't point that out whenever we can? Bush had Bin ladin surrounded in the Tora Bora's and let him go because he wanted to lie us into Iraq, which has a huge fucking part in bankrupting our country.

Yes, I would fight and die to keep your kind from ruining this country again.

PS. Mostly poor people sign up, fight and die in wars. They are most likely Democrats.

We should send this post to Janet Napolitano, I guess that warning she released was looking in the wrong direction.

I wont.

I heard that these two terrorists sang like songbirds after 5 minutes of being waterboarded.

Then why did they waterboard them each over 100 times?

read the WSJ piece and find out that a "waterboarding incident" usually lasted 20 seconds or less.

For Christ's sake I could hold my breath that long when I was 3 years old.

The Memos Prove We Didn't Torture - WSJ.com

The four memos on CIA interrogation released by the White House last week reveal a cautious and conservative Justice Department advising a CIA that cared deeply about staying within the law. Far from "green lighting" torture -- or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment of detainees -- the memos detail the actual techniques used and the many measures taken to ensure that interrogations did not cause severe pain or degradation.

Interrogations were to be "continuously monitored" and "the interrogation team will stop the use of particular techniques or the interrogation altogether if the detainee's medical or psychological conditions indicates that the detainee might suffer significant physical or mental harm."

An Aug. 1, 2002, memo describes the practice of "walling" -- recently revealed in a report by the International Committee of the Red Cross, which suggested that detainees wore a "collar" used to "forcefully bang the head and body against the wall" before and during interrogation. In fact, detainees were placed with their backs to a "flexible false wall," designed to avoid inflicting painful injury. Their shoulder blades -- not head -- were the point of contact, and the "collar" was used not to give additional force to a blow, but further to protect the neck.

The memo says the point was to inflict psychological uncertainty, not physical pain: "the idea is to create a sound that will make the impact seem far worse than it is and that will be far worse than any injury that might result from the action."

Shackling and confinement in a small space (generally used to create discomfort and muscle fatigue) were also part of the CIA program, but they were subject to stringent time and manner limitations. Abu Zubaydah (a top bin Laden lieutenant) had a fear of insects. He was, therefore, to be put in a "cramped confinement box" and told a stinging insect would be put in the box with him. In fact, the CIA proposed to use a harmless caterpillar. Confinement was limited to two hours.

The memos are also revealing about the practice of "waterboarding," about which there has been so much speculative rage from the program's opponents. The practice, used on only three individuals, involved covering the nose and mouth with a cloth and pouring water over the cloth to create a drowning sensation.

This technique could be used for up to 40 seconds -- although the CIA orally informed Justice Department lawyers that it would likely not be used for more than 20 seconds at a time. Unlike the exaggerated claims of so many Bush critics, the memos make clear that water was not actually expected to enter the detainee's lungs, and that measures were put in place to prevent complications if this did happen and to ensure that the individual did not develop respiratory distress.

All of these interrogation methods have been adapted from the U.S. military's own Survival Evasion Resistance Escape (or SERE) training program, and have been used for years on thousands of American service members with the full knowledge of Congress. This has created a large body of information about the effect of these techniques, on which the CIA was able to draw in assessing the likely impact on the detainees and ensuring that no severe pain or long term psychological impact would result.

The actual intelligence benefits of the CIA program are also detailed in these memos. The CIA believed, evidently with good reason, that the enhanced interrogation program had indeed produced actionable intelligence about al Qaeda's plans. First among the resulting successes was the prevention of a "second wave" of al Qaeda attacks, to be carried out by an "east Asian" affiliate, which would have involved the crashing of another airplane into a building in Los Angeles.

The interrogation techniques described in these memos are indisputably harsh, but they fall well short of "torture." They were developed and deployed at a time of supreme peril, as a means of preventing future attacks on innocent civilians both in the U.S. and abroad.

The dedicated public servants at the CIA and Justice Department -- who even the Obama administration has concluded should not be prosecuted -- clearly cared intensely about staying within the law as well as protecting the American homeland. These memos suggest that they achieved both goals in a manner fully consistent with American values.

Messrs. Rivkin and Casey, who served in the Justice Department under George H.W. Bush, were U.S. delegates to the U.N. Subcommission on the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights.

:thup:

I would like to see McCain be honest about what torture is, just once. Perhaps some of our POWs could help shine some light as well. But I doubt the people using "torture" as a political football will ever really work in that direction. The whole thing is politcal bs and media theatre.

I will make a prediction: if, that is a big if, stringent attorney-based, anti-interrogation rules become law, we will no longer have any prisoners the public knows about.

but you wouldn't harm a terrorist.. That makes perfect sense!

No, I wouldn't let it get out that I was torturing.

Bush is ultimately the boss. So those Abu Grabe pictures are on his shoulders.

ESPECIALLY now that we know he gave the word to torture.

And, we tortured too many people and for sadistic reasons. We tortured foot soldiers.

PS. Do you want our soldiers tortured? What about that American woman who is in jail in Iran? You do know they are going to torture her, right?

On behalf of the family, friends and colleagues of Roxana Saberi, and the many American citizens who share our concerns, we urgently request a series of steps be taken in the case of Roxana Saberi, an independent journalist and dual citizen of the United States and Iran, who is being held in Evin Prison in Tehran, Iran.

We now ask that one or more international organizations that have responsibilities and rights under the Geneva Conventions be permitted access to Roxana immediately to ascertain her health and well-being and to determine the conditions under which she is held.

We now ask that the specific charges against Roxana Saberi be made public. If no charges are filed, we now urge her immediate release and ask that she be given permission to return to her home country, the United States.

Can you believe we have the balls to ask this? Should we release all the "terrorists" in Guantanimo?

I suspect we have gotten zero information from torture. In fact, I heard that befriending these prisoners gets you a lot more information than torturing them does.

And, we tortured too many people and for sadistic reasons. We tortured foot soldiers.

PS. Do you want our soldiers tortured? Dosen't matter what I want American soldiers have been and will continue to be tortured. ask McCain. What about that American woman who is in jail in Iran? You do know they are going to torture her, right? Sure they will. I imagine she's been raped 100 times already. They will behead her cause it's her fault too.

On behalf of the family, friends and colleagues of Roxana Saberi, and the many American citizens who share our concerns, we urgently request a series of steps be taken in the case of Roxana Saberi, an independent journalist and dual citizen of the United States and Iran, who is being held in Evin Prison in Tehran, Iran.

We now ask that one or more international organizations that have responsibilities and rights under the Geneva Conventions be permitted access to Roxana immediately to ascertain her health and well-being and to determine the conditions under which she is held.

We now ask that the specific charges against Roxana Saberi be made public. If no charges are filed, we now urge her immediate release and ask that she be given permission to return to her home country, the United States.

Can you believe we have the balls to ask this? Should we release all the "terrorists" in Guantanimo?

I suspect we have gotten zero information from torture. In fact, I heard that befriending these prisoners gets you a lot more information than torturing them does.

Have you ever read any real war history? Ever?

PS. Do you want our soldiers tortured? What about that American woman who is in jail in Iran? You do know they are going to torture her, right?

Are you naive enough to believe that if we play nice with the fucking terrorists that they won't torture and kill Americans guilty of nothing but being Americans?

Why don't you ask Dan Perl

Go here to watch if you have the stomach for it.

THE DANIEL PEARL BEHEADING VIDEO

These are the fucking savages our troops are dealing with. You tell me how much respect and consideration they deserve.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back