Chuck Schumer Calls Out GOP Leadership On Health Care Hypocrisy

No reason the House and Senate members shouldn't be in the same ObamaCare boat as the rest of us, so if they're not the House Republicans should get a bill going that brings them onboard.

Pretty good read.

WOW. I though Obamacare was the greatest.

Kinda funny how its so great they all exempted themselves from it.

One would think that those passing it would be the first in line to take advantage of how great it is.

Apparantly not.
snipett from that link

The very people who wrote up this bill are refusing to be included themselves. Given the narrow definition of “congressional staff” on page 158 of the health care bill, the Congressional Research Service memo believes that courts will not require “professional committee staff, joint committee staff, some shared staff, as well as potentially those staff employed by leadership offices” to go through the exchanges. President Obama and his family are also exempt from the law.

If it's supposed to be good for America, why isn't it good for them?

When Upchuck Schumer has to troll for support on Huff'NPuff and the dozens of George Soros affiliated liberal blog sites you know the democrat party is in disarray. When republicans complained about being literally shut out of discussions about the HC bill Obama replied with two words "we won". That was the attitude in the most corrupt congress in modern history. Now democrats are holed up in a political bunker pretending they won.

Does Congress use ObamaCare?

It's statements like this and people actually thanking you for it, that really make me wonder if you even know what "obamacare" is even about.

Explain to us how Congress would 'use' Obamacare.

Like everyody else you nitwit. Or not use, as the case may be.. hence the thread.

Are you rdean in disguise?

So let me get this straight, you want Congress to use "obamacare"/private insurance and give up their government insurance? Is that what you're saying? Are you envious that congress gets Government insurance and the rest of america has crappy private insurance? You're rationale doesn't make sense.

No reason the House and Senate members shouldn't be in the same ObamaCare boat as the rest of us, so if they're not the House Republicans should get a bill going that brings them onboard.

Don't hold your breath there Blasty.

The Dem Clowns know a flatulant stinker when they pass it.

Last edited:

It's a non issue because obamacare is dead where it stands.

really? the rightwingnuts have the votes to override a veto?

they have a majority in the senate?

i'm thinking that you might want to re-think your comment.

It's dead in the water because it will be defunded.

He didn't think in the first place before he commented, so re-thinking is impossible.

Jillian is right.

The Reps don't have the numbers to do much.

They can however put it forward. Let the Senate or OL'BO's veto pen stop it.

Wonder how good that will look come 2012??

He didn't think in the first place before he commented, so re-thinking is impossible.

obamacare has to be funded. Congress will be the one to do that. conclusion= obamacare ead in the water

I'm thinking it will be definitely be defunded, cut off at the knees, and be an irrelevant bill that goes no where that will be easy to fully repeal in 2012 when conservatives take back the White House.

No, my comment stands. Perhaps you should rethink...

Oh... you're mad because I negged you for being a moron about post counts aren't you... poor little boy... tissue?

I'm thinking it will be definitely be defunded, cut off at the knees, and be an irrelevant bill that goes no where that will be easy to fully repeal in 2012 when conservatives take back the White House.

you didn't talk about defunding. and i have no doubt they'll try. but again, has to go through the senate.

and i'm still not following why the people who would probably benefit most from this are the most ill-informed and irrational. *shrug*

Oh... you're mad because I negged you for being a moron about post counts aren't you... poor little boy... tissue?

Not really. Neg me again. You people act as if it's some sort of punishment. Ouch?

you didn't talk about defunding. and i have no doubt they'll try. but again, has to go through the senate.

and i'm still not following why the people who would probably benefit most from this are the most ill-informed and irrational. *shrug*

However it has to be approved by both the house and senate to be passed for funding. DEAD I tell you it's dead.

Chalk it up to people who are uninformed acting on emotions rather than facts.

The Republicans...en mass....should all get together, turn and look at chuck-you Schumer, point and laugh.

Jillian is right.

I imagine that's the strategery between now and the election.

As more and more negatives about ObamaCare come to light - extensions to unions, cost increases, etc. - the Republicans should pass a series of corrective bills. No matter that they'll die in the Senate. But they'll be teeing up all the bad stuff for the voters and reminding them the Dimocrats are standing in the way of proposed various fixes. Let the Dims try to defend themselves right up to their last steps off the cliff come election day.

Jillian is right.

I imagine that's the strategery between now and the election.

As more and more negatives about ObamaCare come to light - extensions to unions, cost increases, etc. - the Republicans should pass a series of corrective bills. No matter that they'll die in the Senate. But they'll be teeing up all the bad stuff for the voters and reminding them the Dimocrats are standing in the way of proposed various fixes. Let the Dims try to defend themselves right up to their last steps off the cliff come election day.

Considering November was a referendum on Obama, including Obamacare, it isn't a bad strategy. People will note who moves to keep Obamacare going.. and it Will not bode well for them.

Forum List

Back