Chuck Berry is dead at 90

Michael Jackson takes his sister to the AMAs
He sees his idol Chuck Berry
Chuck tongue kisses his sister and pulls him in

RIP Chuck Berry!

C7PaOvVVwAA71eb.jpg

Janet's a hawtie.

Listen to his rock and roll songs like Johnny B. Goode and Oh Carol and Bye Bye Johnny and you'll hear his rhythm section combine a rock-and-roll straight beat and a blues shuffle. At first it sounds like a mistake. But on further inspection it creates a really unique groove.
Innovator and marketeer.
RIP

"Marketeer"? That's a bit harsh. :eusa_shifty:

he was a founding father of rock!
Technically speaking, Ike Turners band "Kings of Rythm" made what is considered the first rock and roll album ever, with "Rocket 88" being the first rock song ever. Ok, im done with my music history trivia lesson for the day. Long live rock! :rock:

Last edited:
Noted rock-n-roll pioneer and sexual deviant, Chuck Berry, died today.

This is a bummer. He pioneered the hidden bathroom cam. I saw him perform once at Chastain Park in Atlanta years ago, Bo Diddly opened the show. It was fantastic. He was probably in his 60s then. Great performer and one horny negro. His talking between songs at the Chastain Park show was filthy. I remember him telling a joke about wiping the jizz off your hand by rubbing your hand on the wall. It was insanely funny.
Why bother having curtains then?

Listen to his rock and roll songs like Johnny B. Goode and Oh Carol and Bye Bye Johnny and you'll hear his rhythm section combine a rock-and-roll straight beat and a blues shuffle. At first it sounds like a mistake. But on further inspection it creates a really unique groove.
Innovator and marketeer.
RIP

The third 'e' was a typo. Duh.

I agree. He was also kinky and horny as fuck, which I love about him.

Yes because having sex with 14 year-old girls (Janice Escalante) is great huh? He got five years in prison for that and after a second trial he got an extra three years.

Yeah, he was weird, and I could never see what anyone saw in him. This country started going down the tubes soon after rock and roll came on the scene anyway.

I agree. He was also kinky and horny as fuck, which I love about him.

Yes because having sex with 14 year-old girls (Janice Escalante) is great huh? He got five years in prison for that and after a second trial he got an extra three years.

Yeah, he was weird, and I could never see what anyone saw in him. This country started going down the tubes soon after rock and roll came on the scene anyway.
those dam blackies....

Innovator and marketeer.
RIP

Yyyyeah I uh wasn't referring to any spelling. I'd consider marketeer a legitimate word, but either way, same comment. Still harsh.

Innovator and marketeer.
RIP

Yyyyeah I uh wasn't referring to any spelling. I'd consider marketeer a legitimate word, but either way, same comment. Still harsh.
You've never seen a spell checker that didn't prompt a correction when the misspelling created a separate legit word?
What's harsh about Berry being a marketer?
He knew he needed a white audience to succeed so he tinged his music with C&W and made promoters think he was white. His singing dialect wasn't southern/black. That was calculated.

Innovator and marketeer.
RIP

You've never seen a spell checker that didn't prompt a correction when the misspelling created a separate legit word?
He knew he needed a white audience to succeed so he tinged his music with C&W and made promoters think he was white. His singing dialect wasn't southern/black. That was calculated.

I don't disagree, but that ain't "marketing". Jimmie Rodgers sang black, so did Elvis and any number of others but they didn't do it to "market" anything.

Marketing and art are mutually antagonistic. That's the point. The marketer would be the agents and the record companies and the radio stations and the publishers who profit from it. The artist profits eventually too but he's creating his own stuff, not milking somebody else's.

Innovator and marketeer.
RIP

I don't disagree, but that ain't "marketing". Jimmie Rodgers sang black, so did Elvis and any number of others but they didn't do it to "market" anything.

Marketing and art are mutually antagonistic. That's the point. The marketer would be the agents and the record companies and the radio stations and the publishers who profit from it. The artist profits eventually too but he's creating his own stuff, not milking somebody else's.
Elvis and Rodgers (the country singer) didn't have to put on a front because they were white already.
Marketing and art can coexist easily. Chuck Berry is a perfect example.

Forum List

Back