Christmas Cookies.....OWS style.

Let's break this down to grade school level for the left-wing twits here...

Let's say some grade school kids for Christmas were baking cookies in school, some home economics course.

Some lazy kids didn't want to do the work making cookies or didn't take it seriously so they ended up with few good cookies or no cookies.

Some kids excelled and made extra cookies, even kept baking them during recess while the lazy kids were out beating each other up on the playground.

Some kids were smart and had their parents buy them cookies to bring to class.

So in the afternoon when they had their Christmas party the kids that brought extra cookies or worked hard making extra cookies were told to fork over their cookies for the lazy/dumb kids that screwed around all morning.....because it just isn't fair some kids had 5-6 cookies to eat compared to others with 1-2 cookies.

this would be much more like a demoncrap talking point if you'd said "lazy /dumb kids had no cookies through no fault of their own." :eusa_clap:

Christmas-cookie-metaphor FAIL

Maybe the kids that were skipping the cookie thing
were out in the playground beating up on the weaker kids
and then wrote rap lyrics about it.
Maybe they were productive that way....:D

Let's face it these are the hero's of today's youth....
Why be a person who does things the way everyone
does and follow the rules of society when you can
do what you feel like and then demand to be taken care of.

Last edited:
May I interject and say something? I'm going to assume that everyone is uhm...kind of joking about having to give everyone a valentine in grammar school? I don't personally see anything wrong with that. I remember doing that in 2nd grade....1983 or so.

I've never analyzed the reasons behind it until this moment. Is it possible that the teacher was trying to teach us to learn to tolerate all personality types? Were the teachers trying to remind us that everyone, regardless of some of their mischief, is a human being?

I attended public school, so yes...some of my classmates are in prison, psych hospitals, etc... But I don't see anything wrong with that. Now EVERYONE receiving a trophy, I believe is overkill. But valentines? Seriously?

Can you imagine trying to explain to the 7 year old stinky kid with no running water in his house, why he didn't get a valentine? "It's because you stink, Johnny. Your parents are losers; and you too will be a loser! The sooner you accept it, the better off you'll be."

Some kids excelled and made extra cookies, even kept baking them during recess while the lazy kids were out beating each other up on the playground.

problem might not have started if the productive kids had nominated a leader who wanted to challenge the lazy kids, instead of one who is terrified of offending them

Stereotypes abound.

My very liberal 15 year old daughter ( who grew up in the world you are describing ) will rip you a new one if you stand between her and a game winning run. I'm not admitting anything.....but her spikes are maybe a bit sharper than they were when we bought em'.

We understand you're the one that ate the cookie dough, barfed it up during recess then came back and stole cookies from other kids at the party....but then played the race card when the teacher scolded you. :eusa_whistle:

Your mom then threatened a lawsuit against the teacher and the school for bothering you. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton protested at the school until cookies were given to them.

Christmas-cookie-metaphor FAIL

Comeback fail.

Shall I make a list of all the ways that this thread gets it wrong?

1) The assumption that Occupy members are all in the lower income brackets. (This is only slightly less stupid than the assumption that we're all unemployed.)

2) The misconception that we are asking for something for us, as opposed to for our country.

3) The myopic notion that it isn't harder to achieve a middle-class income today than it once was.

4) The consequent certainty that everyone who fails to do so is to blame for that failure.

5) The assumption -- perhaps based on the fact that conservatives are themselves utterly selfish, self-centered asses with no social conscience at all -- that anyone who points out that we've got a problem is himself a victim of that problem looking for personal redress.

Nice try, though. At least you bundled all your stupid mistakes into a mildly creative and entertaining package.

Somebody forgot the sitting in class doing nothing part. Then getting sent to the principal's office for not listening to the teacher. They would try to get the teacher's thrown out of school for being 1 percenters.

Shall I make a list of all the ways that this thread gets it wrong?

1) The assumption that Occupy members are all in the lower income brackets. (This is only slightly less stupid than the assumption that we're all unemployed.)

2) The misconception that we are asking for something for us, as opposed to for our country.

3) The myopic notion that it isn't harder to achieve a middle-class income today than it once was.

4) The consequent certainty that everyone who fails to do so is to blame for that failure.

5) The assumption -- perhaps based on the fact that conservatives are themselves utterly selfish, self-centered asses with no social conscience at all -- that anyone who points out that we've got a problem is himself a victim of that problem looking for personal redress.

Nice try, though. At least you bundled all your stupid mistakes into a mildly creative and entertaining package.

1. No one said all Dragon, nice strawman. Many of them make NO income.
2. BS, they want material things handed to them. Its all take take.
3. It is easier, more access to education.
4. Got a problem with personal responsibility?
5. OWS thrives on victimhood. I see you are quick with the generalizations. How is helping people become independent people with self esteem selfish? You also label personal redress what is really redistribution of wealth. Legalized stealing is a more accurate term.

1. No one said all Dragon, nice strawman. Many of them make NO income.

Most of them have jobs. About as many are middle class as is true of the general population. We even have some one percenters among us. "Many" is a vague term; it's technically true, but the implication you're trying to present is false.

2. BS, they want material things handed to them. Its all take take.

Wrong. You, like the OP, don't have a clue.

3. It is easier, more access to education.

Less access to education, and fewer good jobs once you graduate. I suppose by simply stating something counter-factual you can try to make a point, but it seldom works as long as other people are paying attention.

4. Got a problem with personal responsibility?

Got a problem with bars for success being set so high that most people can't get there.

5. OWS thrives on victimhood.

No, it doesn't. Again, you have no idea what you're talking about, and seem to be taking your information from right-wing talk radio (or a similar source) rather than from the movement itself -- which is really the final source on what we are saying.

I see you are quick with the generalizations. How is helping people become independent people with self esteem selfish?

LOL you aren't advocating helping anyone do squat. What you're advocating is putting as many barriers in the way as possible, making it as hard as possible, and then taking no responsibility for doing that -- while blaming all those who predictably fail for doing so.

You also label personal redress what is really redistribution of wealth. Legalized stealing is a more accurate term.

No, you obviously don't understand what I mean by it, which reinforces what I was saying. In saying personal redress, what I mean is personal redress: something for me, personally. Redress for the U.S. economy, restoration of democracy, restoration of the middle class -- none of these things is personal redress. Does that make it clearer?

Let's break this down to grade school level for the left-wing twits here...

Let's say some grade school kids for Christmas were baking cookies in school, some home economics course.

Some lazy kids didn't want to do the work making cookies or didn't take it seriously so they ended up with few good cookies or no cookies.

Some kids were smart and had their parents buy them cookies to bring to class.

So in the afternoon when they had their Christmas party the kids that brought extra cookies or worked hard making extra cookies were told to fork over their cookies for the lazy/dumb kids that screwed around all morning.....because it just isn't fair some kids had 5-6 cookies to eat compared to others with 1-2 cookies.

Better analogy, the class picked out officers who told everyone what to do while they stood by and watched, or took bribes from those who didn't want to work. Then when it was time to distribute the cookies, the class officers took most of them and gave several to those that had bribed them while the ones who did all the work got few.

OWSers are not nearly that articulate Dragon. Please explain how these people have jobs, but can stay on site for days and weeks at a time. Its called unemployed. Awake up.

More Americans are in post secondary education than in the 50's and 60's to be sure.

Got to fall back on the you're getting your information from radio? You know nothing of me. You are completely wrong and look extremely foolish.

How many people did you help this Holiday season? Most likely I donated to more folks than you. Since you can't make a valid argument, you simply throw insults at me. A thing you just touted as something you dislike in others. Hypocrite.

OWSers are not nearly that articulate Dragon.

I am.

Please explain how these people have jobs, but can stay on site for days and weeks at a time.

Most Occupy members don't do that.

More Americans are in post secondary education than in the 50's and 60's to be sure.

More Americans breathe than was true then as well.

The remainder of your post is empty rhetoric and pointless personal invective, and according with my unfailing policy is snipped as unworthy of a response. I suggest you try to achieve a higher level of maturity in your posting.

OWSers are not nearly that articulate Dragon.

I am.

Please explain how these people have jobs, but can stay on site for days and weeks at a time.

Most Occupy members don't do that.

More Americans breathe than was true then as well.

The remainder of your post is empty rhetoric and pointless personal invective, and according with my unfailing policy is snipped as unworthy of a response. I suggest you try to achieve a higher level of maturity in your posting.

I suggest you practice what you preach. Hypocracy is what it is.

bloody153547--300x300.jpg

Hey OWS. Want milk with those cookies? Probably need a glass too. Think ahead people.

Forum List

Back