Christmas Cookies.....OWS style.

Aef1LBZCMAA9N9P.jpg

You're the one that got drunk at the Christmas party on wannabe fancy Canadian wiskey and showed off your I-phone "Dream Machine" to the kids....the rich kids laughed at you, then you called them internet tough guys, until they punched you in the nose.

I didn't think the OP could be any more lame. You have proven me wrong.

If you're going to continuously lament that you have to "break down" analogies to grade-school level, then perhaps you'd better learn to spell at a grade-school level. What exactly is "wisky"? A cat's name?

The Professor on Misspelling:

I don't care if it's to or too.
Or even fair or fare;
Or or, or o're, or ore or oar;
Or there or their or they're!

So speak, or write whatever words
Your earnest mind doth tell it.
My ability to read your words
Exceeds your ability to spell it.

And if you say “they took there stuff
And their not coming back again,”
I know you mean they took their stuff
And they're gone for good, amen.

There's so much strife in this short life
Sometimes it's overwhelming,
So I don't give a damn about
Such trite things as misspelling.

To those who wish to criticize
I can't, I shan't eschew it.
I know you cannot help yourself
So, just do it, dew it, due it.

Actually, many people misspell not because they are uneducated but rather because they are superior readers. I read at over 3,000 words per minute (about 10 times the normal rate) and scan at about 10,000. Reading at such speed does not give one time to dissect each word for proper spelling. If the spelling is reasonably close, the context immediately tells me what the word should be. Frankly, I misspell many words which I do not catch upon proofreading; however, I put the letters MBA and JD after my name and I received these degrees with honors. If it were not for spellchecker, you might think me rather ignorant and you would be sorely mistaken.

Now, have a shot of wisky and relax!

You're the one that got drunk at the Christmas party on wannabe fancy Canadian wiskey and showed off your I-phone "Dream Machine" to the kids....the rich kids laughed at you, then you called them internet tough guys, until they punched you in the nose.

If you're going to continuously lament that you have to "break down" analogies to grade-school level, then perhaps you'd better learn to spell at a grade-school level. What exactly is "wisky"? A cat's name?

Or even fair or fare;

Actually, many people misspell not because they are uneducated but rather because they are superior readers. I read at over 3,000 words per minute (about 10 times the normal rate) and scan at about 10,000. Reading at such speed does not give one time to dissect each word for proper spelling. If the spelling is reasonably close, the context immediately tells me what the word should be. Frankly, I misspell many words which I do not catch upon proofreading; however, I put the letters MBA and JD after my name and I received these degrees with honors. If it were not for spellchecker, you might think me rather ignorant and you would be sorely mistaken.

3,000 words per minute................:D

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-45.jpg

Or even fair or fare;

20110519_0052_1-9.jpg

The k00ks reallly make this board worth coming back to every day, but the most entertaining are the social invalid k00ks that are also legends in their own minds!!!

Or even fair or fare;

Actually a reading speed of 3,000 words per minute is not that unusual for a trained speed reader. Some years ago, a young girl was tested on The Tonight Show and demonstrated her ability to read at around 20,000 words per minute. Further, there is a process called photographic memory which trains people to read at 100,000 (no typo) words per minute with over 90% retention.

I am a very good reader, but not a great one. You may think that 3,000 wpm is fantastic, but it isn't. I think it's a shame that most people read at only 300 words per minute or even less. What a waste. I cannot understand why public schools don't teach speed reading. It should be a required course for all students. Can you imagine how much smarter our kids would be if they could just double their reading speed?

If you Google the words "speed reading and record" you will be surprised at what you'll find.

Or even fair or fare;

Actually a reading speed of 3,000 words per minute is not unusual for a trained speed reader. Some years ago, a young girl was tested on The Tonight Show and demonstrated her ability to read at around 20,000 words per minute. Further, there is a process called photographic memory which trains people to read at 100,000 (no typo) they could just double their reading speed?
words per minute with over 90% retention.

I am a very good reader, but not a great one. You may think that 3,000 wpm is fantastic, but it isn't. I think it's a shame that most people read at only 300 words per minute or even less. What a waste. I cannot understand why public schools don't teach speed reading. It should be a required course for all students. Can you imagine how much smarter our kids will be if

PS: If you Google the words "speed reading and record" you will be surprised at what you'll find.

Or even fair or fare;

20110519_0052_1-9.jpg

The k00ks reallly make this board worth coming back to every day, but the most entertaining are the social invalid k00ks that are also legends in their own minds!!!

Only someone who knew nothing about speed reading would consider 3,000 words per minute legendary for a trained speed reader. Google is your best friend. Try using it. I suggest you start by inputting the words "speed reading and record."

I think almost everyone is capable of reading at my own reading speed or even faster. All it takes is training. But if you really think that anyone who claims a reading speed of 3,000 words per minute is a kook, you probably won't even bother to check it out.

I believe the real kooks are those who pass judgment in the absence of any reliable information. I will give you and all other doubters the last word.

I strongly doubt that my critics – those who ridicule my claim of reading 3,000 words per minute – would actually take the time to do any research, so I will do it for them.

“Evelyn Wood, the daughter of Elias and Rose (Stirland) Nielsen, was born in Logan Utah in 1909. She was a teacher, and in her studies Wood's discovered readers capable of reading 1,500 to 6,000 words a minute, often sharing the traits of reading down the page rather than left to right, reading groups of words or complete thoughts rather than single words, avoiding involuntary rereading of material and applying their efficiency to varied material. After discovering that faster readers were also more effective readers,she began developing her programs, ultimately developing a methodology of using a finger or pointer to trace lines of text while eliminating sub-vocalizing (reading under one's breath or aloud in one's head).” See the following link:

Evelyn Wood (teacher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“Permanent speed readers (and graduates of TurboRead) can read comfortably at speeds of between 800wpm and 1200wpm, without any constant practice and drilling. Tutored speed readers, who constantly practice the skill over long periods of time, can reliably achieve speeds of around 5000 wpm. Natural speed readers (of which there are very few in the world) can exceed these speeds.” See the following link:

TurboRead Speed Reading FAQs

“That's why so many people just like you are using the Ferrari-style of reading called PhotoReading. It blasts printed materials to the brain at phenomenal rates, a page a second. You actually "mentally photograph" the page at 25,000 words a minute.” See the following link:

PhotoReading Whole Mind System Reading Program

Richard Welch explains how his method – Mental Photography – enables people to read at 100,000 (no typo) words per minute with over 90% retention. Here's the link:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVy0jk4fBY8]Speed Reading Sucks! Mental Photography Is 100 Times Faster... Discover How...(Pt 1) - YouTube[/ame]

There is, of course, much more information about various speed reading methods on the Internet. I merely gave a few samples. I am truly amazed that there are people who have never heard of speed reading. At any rate, my reading speed of 3,000 words per minute is nothing to brag about, and if you are reading only 300 words per minute you should be ashamed, especially now that you know about speed reading training.

OK, I am done with you uninformed skeptics.

Or even fair or fare;

Wool I's sorry. I cooden help miself. I doo hav uh hard tyme understandin win peeple misbell things.

Win sumwun dudden rite sumthin write, especially wen there trine too mayke sumbuddy elss luk stoopid its hard ta knot rebutt. Ivid reeders kin unterstend wut sayed persuns trine ta say, and their yoosully gud add it.

aye dont heve uh law ur mba, bud i payed attension in grimmur skool. your ta bee comminded fur you're abilidy tuh reed 3,000 wurds. Caint tell you how fest i kin reed, but i kin tell youse i heve red a lot.

thank youse fur helpin mee ta se the errur of muy ways. n e won n here hoo nose me nose thut mathumadix aint muy cupp uh tee. ;) bud most uh thu thyme, i kin spell

Let's break this down to grade school level for the left-wing twits here...

Let's say some grade school kids for Christmas were baking cookies in school, some home economics course.

Some lazy kids didn't want to do the work making cookies or didn't take it seriously so they ended up with few good cookies or no cookies.

Some kids excelled and made extra cookies, even kept baking them during recess while the lazy kids were out beating each other up on the playground.

Some kids were smart and had their parents buy them cookies to bring to class.

So in the afternoon when they had their Christmas party the kids that brought extra cookies or worked hard making extra cookies were told to fork over their cookies for the lazy/dumb kids that screwed around all morning.....because it just isn't fair some kids had 5-6 cookies to eat compared to others with 1-2 cookies.

Saw a good joke here about cookies. A CEO, a Liberal and a Tea Bagger walk in to a room with a table and a plate in the center of it. On the plate are 12 cookies. The CEO runs up and picks up 11 of them. The CEO looks at the Tea Bagger and says, "Watch out for the Liberal, he wants your cookie!".

It's all a bunch of hooey... Kids can't have sweets at school any more because it's not politically correct.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
A SPECIAL MESSAGE TO skookerasbil:

I was going to give you the last word, but I am not ready to let you off the hook. Your rude and insulting comments will not go unchallenged.

You ridiculed my claim that I could read at 3,000 words a minute. That tells me something about you. It tells me that you cannot read at such speeds and furthermore you feel you are incapable of ever learning. I have already sent you information showing that speed reading at this level is very common. Among other things, I showed you that school children in the early 1900s were reading 5,000-6,000 word a minute, and they did this without any formal training. I feel sorry for you in that you have placed limits upon yourself which many people, including children, exceed on a regular basis. You thought that reading 3,000 wpm was an extravagant claim, and you were clearly wrong. You have attempted to malign me but the only thing you accomplished was making an ass of yourself.

I don't know if you were equally skeptical of my claim to having an MBA and a JD. If you were, I seriously doubt that you have a college background, or at least not one you want to talk about. I believe you deny the accomplishments of others simply because of your own inadequacies which is a common symptom of those malcontents who defend their own shortcomings by attacking others. What I find most disturbing is that you made assumptions with not one shred of evidence to support your conclusions. This is not a trait of an enlightened man but is instead a characteristic of a fool. You think that this forum is full of “kooks” but you are wrong. I can tell that many posters are highly educated, and I would be astonished if I were the lonely soul with a Doctorate degree. My opinion is based on the quality of their words (whether misspelled or not) and the complexity of their expressed thoughts. I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person, and I know there are many on this site who are smarter than I am. However, your words, at least as far as this thread is concerned, do not provide the slightest signs of genius. Instead, I find your communications to be uninspired, uninformed and uninformative, petty, insulting and illogical. The following words are not the product of a highly developed mentality: “The k00ks reallly make this board worth coming back to every day, but the most entertaining are the social invalid k00ks that are also legends in their own minds!!!”

I have been harsh with you and I will not apologize; however, I may owe other posters an apology. I said that you should be ashamed if you could read only 300 wpm. I was being combative with you because of your insulting comments and I did not mean that everyone who reads at that speed is somehow inadequate. A reading rate of 300 wpm is more than enough in most situations. In my opinion speed reading is necessary only to those who must process substantial quantities of information. When I read at 3,000 wpm I get much more information but I do not enjoy the process. Many writers have a unique, captivating and entertaining writing style, but speed reading does not allow you to fully appreciate this talent. When I read fiction books, human interest stories or poetry, I slow down to a crawl. Often I will read only a few lines, put the book across my chest and reflect upon what I have just read. Sometimes I become spellbound, and I am transported to a time and place the author had planned for me to be and skillfully arranged my journey. There is no desire to end the journey quickly but only to enjoy it completely. There is a time and a place for everything and that includes speed reading.

To those I have offended, please accept my sincere apology.

To skookerasbil: In parting, I would urge you to increase your reading speed (there are many good courses available on the Internet). In spite of your insults, I think that you are most likely above average in intelligence and are thus capable of achieving speeds of at least 3,000 wpm. If you achieve this goal, I would caution you not to tell anyone. I am afraid that if you post your success on a forum such as this, some rude uninformed jerk will accuse you of being one of the “social invalid k00ks that are also legends in their own minds!!!”

OK, NOW I am done with this thread.

A SPECIAL MESSAGE TO skookerasbil:

I was going to give you the last word, but I am not ready to let you off the hook. Your rude and insulting comments will not go unchallenged.

You ridiculed my claim that I could read at 3,000 words a minute. That tells me something about you. It tells me that you cannot read at such speeds and furthermore you feel you are incapable of ever learning. I have already sent you information showing that speed reading at this level is very common. Among other things, I showed you that school children in the early 1900s were reading 5,000-6,000 word a minute, and they did this without any formal training. I feel sorry for you in that you have placed limits upon yourself which many people, including children, exceed on a regular basis. You thought that reading 3,000 wpm was an extravagant claim, and you were clearly wrong. You have attempted to malign me but the only thing you accomplished was making an ass of yourself.

I don't know if you were equally skeptical of my claim to having an MBA and a JD. If you were, I seriously doubt that you have a college background, or at least not one you want to talk about. I believe you deny the accomplishments of others simply because of your own inadequacies which is a common symptom of those malcontents who defend their own shortcomings by attacking others. What I find most disturbing is that you made assumptions with not one shred of evidence to support your conclusions. This is not a trait of an enlightened man but is instead a characteristic of a fool. You think that this forum is full of “kooks” but you are wrong. I can tell that many posters are highly educated, and I would be astonished if I were the lonely soul with a Doctorate degree. My opinion is based on the quality of their words (whether misspelled or not) and the complexity of their expressed thoughts. I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person, and I know there are many on this site who are smarter than I am. However, your words, at least as far as this thread is concerned, do not provide the slightest signs of genius. Instead, I find your communications to be uninspired, uninformed and uninformative, petty, insulting and illogical. The following words are not the product of a highly developed mentality: “The k00ks reallly make this board worth coming back to every day, but the most entertaining are the social invalid k00ks that are also legends in their own minds!!!”

I have been harsh with you and I will not apologize; however, I may owe other posters an apology. I said that you should be ashamed if you could read only 300 wpm. I was being combative with you because of your insulting comments and I did not mean that everyone who reads at that speed is somehow inadequate. A reading rate of 300 wpm is more than enough in most situations. In my opinion speed reading is necessary only to those who must process substantial quantities of information. When I read at 3,000 wpm I get much more information but I do not enjoy the process. Many writers have a unique, captivating and entertaining writing style, but speed reading does not allow you to fully appreciate this talent. When I read fiction books, human interest stories or poetry, I slow down to a crawl. Often I will read only a few lines, put the book across my chest and reflect upon what I have just read. Sometimes I become spellbound, and I am transported to a time and place the author had planned for me to be and skillfully arranged my journey. There is no desire to end the journey quickly but only to enjoy it completely. There is a time and a place for everything and that includes speed reading.

To those I have offended, please accept my sincere apology.

To skookerasbil: In parting, I would urge you to increase your reading speed (there are many good courses available on the Internet). In spite of your insults, I think that you are most likely above average in intelligence and are thus capable of achieving speeds of at least 3,000 wpm. If you achieve this goal, I would caution you not to tell anyone. I am afraid that if you post your success on a forum such as this, some rude uninformed jerk will accuse you of being one of the “social invalid k00ks that are also legends in their own minds!!!”

OK, NOW I am done with this thread.

Holy shit. What a tool.

Let's break this down to grade school level for the left-wing twits here...

Let's say some grade school kids for Christmas were baking cookies in school, some home economics course.

Some lazy kids didn't want to do the work making cookies or didn't take it seriously so they ended up with few good cookies or no cookies.

Some kids excelled and made extra cookies, even kept baking them during recess while the lazy kids were out beating each other up on the playground.

Some kids were smart and had their parents buy them cookies to bring to class.

So in the afternoon when they had their Christmas party the kids that brought extra cookies or worked hard making extra cookies were told to fork over their cookies for the lazy/dumb kids that screwed around all morning.....because it just isn't fair some kids had 5-6 cookies to eat compared to others with 1-2 cookies.

Personally I prefer traditional fables....

The Ant And The Grasshopper (Traditional)
The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he’s a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no food or shelter so he dies, out in the cold.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Ant And The Grasshopper (Modern American Version)
The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he’s a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.
Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving. CBS, NBC and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can it be that, in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?
Then a representative of the AGB (The Association of Green Bugs) shows up on Nightline and charges the ant with green bias, and makes the case that the grasshopper is the victim of 30 million years of greenism. Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when he sings ‘‘It’s not easy being green.’’
President Obama and Hillary Clinton make a special guest appearance on the CBS Evening News to tell a concerned Katie Couric that they will do everything they can for the grasshopper who has been denied the prosperity he deserves by those who benefited unfairly during the Bush summers.
A congressman exclaims in an interview that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and calls for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his ‘‘fair share.’’ Finally, the EEOC drafts the ‘‘Economic Equity and Anti-Greenism Act’’ retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, files for bankruptcy, and his home is confiscated by the courts.
Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal hearing officers that President Obama appointed from a list of single-parent welfare moms who can only hear cases on Thursday’s between 1:30 and 3 PM.
The ant loses the case.
The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant’s food while the government house he’s in, which just happens to be the ant’s old house, crumbles around him since he doesn’t know how to maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow. And on the TV, which the grasshopper bought by selling most of the ant’s food, they are showing Nancy Pelosi standing before a wildly applauding group of Democrats announcing that a new era of ‘‘fairness’’ has dawned in America.

Sound at all familiar?

Forum List

Back