Christina Romer steps down, what a shame

Gremlin-USA

<<< Me in 1970
May 20, 2010
Gremlinville, USA
WASHINGTON – Christina Romer, one of President Barack Obama's most pivotal economic advisers, is resigning, a change that comes as the White House struggles to show signs of clear economic gains to a hurting nation.

The ship is sinking, how many more will bail?

Romer, along with Vice President Joe Biden's top economist, Jared Bernstein, wrote in a January 2009 report that the economic stimulus package Obama was proposing would keep unemployment under 8 percent. Without the stimulus, the report said employment would rise to about 9 percent in 2010. Yet unemployment has surpassed that figure.

Yah, we all see were those lies got us.....

Romer, key Obama economic aide, resigning - Yahoo! News

She will return to her job as a professor of economics at the University of California, Berkeley.

Should have known, another person in BO's cabinet who probably never had a real job with real world experience.

Last edited:
Mayby 18 months in the hot seat in Barry Boys administration was a little more that a Berkley Prof could stand???

I'm sure she'll be much happier back at Berkeley where she really doesn't have to do a thing. She can collect that big fat tenured paycheck and look smart.

Way better gig than in OL'BO's administration. LOL

Last edited:
or perhaps she wanted to go home so her kid could go to the same high school for four years?

being that's what she said and all...

she's also being appointed to a different panel that allows her to live at home.

you really should try to stop making up stuff. maybe then someone will listen to what you have to say.

Still the Obama admin is no where close to the number that went out on Reagans watch.

Reagan was around 8 years, BO has not been around for even 2 years.

But what does today's problems have to do with 20 years ago? Deflect Much? Poor Thing, it is curable with a new flavor of Koolaid :lol::lol:

or perhaps she wanted to go home so her kid could go to the same high school for four years?

she's also being appointed to a different panel that allows her to live at home.

you really should try to stop making up stuff. maybe then someone will listen to what you have to say.

Anything is possible, I did not write the story, so I made nothing up......

WASHINGTON – Christina Romer, one of President Barack Obama's most pivotal economic advisers, is resigning, a change that comes as the White House struggles to show signs of clear economic gains to a hurting nation.

The ship is sinking, how many more will bail?

Romer, along with Vice President Joe Biden's top economist, Jared Bernstein, wrote in a January 2009 report that the economic stimulus package Obama was proposing would keep unemployment under 8 percent. Without the stimulus, the report said employment would rise to about 9 percent in 2010. Yet unemployment has surpassed that figure.

Yah, we all see were those lies got us.....

Romer, key Obama economic aide, resigning - Yahoo! News

She will return to her job as a professor of economics at the University of California, Berkeley.

Should have known, another person in BO's cabinet who probably never had a real job with real world experience.

THey know Obama's admin is failing , and are jumping ship before they drown.

Still the Obama admin is no where close to the number that went out on Reagans watch.

I take it you didn't like Reagan? Hmm, Guess you must not like Obama if you are comparing!

Try and stay on topic btw.

he was on topic.

thanks for your input.

who are you?

How is it on topic? The topic is about people leaving the Obama admin now, this presidency, and possibly because it's failing. He then brings up Reagan and how people left under his admin... Are you saying people left under reagan for the same reasons people might be leaving under Obama?

It's not on topic because people have left at points under every presidency. Pointing out or debating the reasons is the topic. So unless you want to talk about why people left under Reagan, no, it's not the same topic... We could compare this to ANY president and would get no where.

And who are you? Wait, no need to answer because... it's not imporatnat...

I take it you didn't like Reagan? Hmm, Guess you must not like Obama if you are comparing!

he was on topic.

thanks for your input.

who are you?

How is it on topic? The topic is about people leaving the Obama admin now, this presidency, and possibly because it's failing. He then brings up Reagan and how people left under his admin... Are you saying people left under reagan for the same reasons people might be leaving under Obama?

It's not on topic because people have left at points under every presidency. Pointing out or debating the reasons is the topic. So unless you want to talk about why people left under Reagan, no, it's not the same topic... We could compare this to ANY president and would get no where.

the article was about *someone* leaving the obama administration. the part about it being "possibly because it's failing" was made up by the O/P for his own partisan purposes. The response that you got was pointing out that other administrations have people leave as well...

in other words, the response was NOT from a partisan hack.

i asked who you were since I've been here a while and you're brandy new, yet purport to decide what's on topic and what isn't and dictate others.

get it now?

I heard someone call for the recruitment of Paul Krugman.... yeah..... there ya go.

he was on topic.

thanks for your input.

who are you?

the article was about *someone* leaving the obama administration. the part about it being "possibly because it's failing" was made up by the O/P for his own partisan purposes. The response that you got was pointing out that other administrations have people leave as well...

i asked who you were since I've been here a while and you're brandy new, yet purport to decide what's on topic and what isn't and dictate others.

get it now?

Ahh, so old or new here it would seem people get to decide a lot of things... like what is and is not partisan... Someone leaves a republican and it’s because they obviously realized they were working for someone evil…
Someone leaves Obama and it’s because things are going so well and they figured they would be better off spending time with the kids… Yeah, and the OP was partisan Hahaha..

Yes I do not like Obama, never really did. I just considered him the lesser of the evils and still do.

Still do? Then you are one stupid fuck! The man is destroying this country, he's sueing another state for applying a law he refuses to apply, he's killing the oil industry with his moratorium, he's racking up a historical amount of debt, unemploymnt is at damn near ten percent and will get worse and that's according Obama's main man Tim Gietner (sp?), forced a healthcare bill through that the majority of Americans did not want. Excluding the Afghan war (which is essentially the same strategy that Bush used) what good has he done? And you say he's the lesser of two evils? :cuckoo:

get it now?

Ahh, so old or new here it would seem people get to decide a lot of things... like what is and is not partisan... Someone leaves a republican and it&#8217;s because they obviously realized they were working for someone evil&#8230;
Someone leaves Obama and it&#8217;s because things are going so well and they figured they would be better off spending time with the kids&#8230; Yeah, and the OP was partisan Hahaha..

i suggest you learn to keep up. you are the one who was trying to tell others what to do. and yes, we all know who's partisan because of the history of the poster. everyone is partisan to some degree. some, like the O/P are just dishonest and make up stuff as they go along.

bummer you aren't very bright. i look forward to having smart people around to disagree with.

*shrug*

get it now?

Ahh, so old or new here it would seem people get to decide a lot of things... like what is and is not partisan... Someone leaves a republican and it’s because they obviously realized they were working for someone evil…
Someone leaves Obama and it’s because things are going so well and they figured they would be better off spending time with the kids… Yeah, and the OP was partisan Hahaha..

i suggest you learn to keep up. you are the one who was trying to tell others what to do. and yes, we all know who's partisan because of the history of the poster. everyone is partisan to some degree. some, like the O/P are just dishonest and make up stuff as they go along.

bummer you aren't very bright. i look forward to having smart people around to disagree with.

*shrug*

I guess that means that the folks you agree with are not smart people.

Hmm, so let me get this straight… Half way through helping shape the country that she believes would be heading in the right direction under Obama and herself, (to advise him and all) the country her children will grow up in you know…. She decides that having that opportunity all of a sudden means nothing when she out of nowhere realizes “OMG, my child won’t be going to the same high school for four years.”
Before she took the job it never once crossed her mind that it her kid would not be in the same school for four years? So what’s the answer, is she too dumb to think ahead past what, a year? Or is she the kind of parent that forgets they have a child off and on?

Maybe having an interesting life while working for the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STAES was a bad situation to raise a child…

get it now?

*shrug*

Your usename is 'deportillegals'? :lol:

Do you have any other interests?

isn't it sad that that's how someone would choose to identify themselvs? i gues it could be worse... he could have named himself 'whitesupremacist'.

Bias and partisanship? And you want to lecture me or anyone?

Forum List

Back