Christie vetoes ‘trivial’ gun control bill, angers Sandy Hook parents

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
I could never understand why the right turned on him. He is still an ignorant Republican.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie vetoed a gun control bill on Wednesday that would have banned magazines with more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

“Mass violence will not end by changing the number of bullets loaded into a gun,” Christie said in his veto message. “I will not support such a trivial approach to the sanctity of human life, because this is not governing.”

Hours before Christie’s decision, several families from Newtown, Conn., personally delivered a petition to Christie to encourage him to reduce the legal limit of magazines. More than 55,000 individuals supported their request. The governor wasn’t available to meet with the parents who lost children in the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

“His refusal to meet with us is a cowardly political move, but his statement accusing us of ‘grandstanding’ and furthering ‘empty rhetoric’ is a blow to the memories of our children,” parents Nicole Hockley and Mark Barden, who both lost their first-grade sons in the shooting, jointly said in a statement on Wednesday. They asked that the leader explain his veto “by meeting with us and telling us to our faces that it wouldn’t have protected our own children and won’t save the lives of New Jersey’s children. We doubt he has the courage to face us.”

Christie vetoes 'trivial' gun control bill, angers Sandy Hook parents | MSNBC

Big jerk!!!

Umm, there is a Sandy Hook in N.J. and a Sandy Hook in Conn. Why would a N.J. governor's veto anger the residents in Sandy Hook Conn?

I could never understand why the right turned on him. He is still an ignorant Republican.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie vetoed a gun control bill on Wednesday that would have banned magazines with more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

“Mass violence will not end by changing the number of bullets loaded into a gun,” Christie said in his veto message. “I will not support such a trivial approach to the sanctity of human life, because this is not governing.”

Hours before Christie’s decision, several families from Newtown, Conn., personally delivered a petition to Christie to encourage him to reduce the legal limit of magazines. More than 55,000 individuals supported their request. The governor wasn’t available to meet with the parents who lost children in the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

“His refusal to meet with us is a cowardly political move, but his statement accusing us of ‘grandstanding’ and furthering ‘empty rhetoric’ is a blow to the memories of our children,” parents Nicole Hockley and Mark Barden, who both lost their first-grade sons in the shooting, jointly said in a statement on Wednesday. They asked that the leader explain his veto “by meeting with us and telling us to our faces that it wouldn’t have protected our own children and won’t save the lives of New Jersey’s children. We doubt he has the courage to face us.”

Big jerk!!!

Christie owed those people nothing, he stated why he vetoed the bill, if they don't like it, can you say "tough shit"?

Gun control won't do shit. It's the mindset of some idiots that needs changing.

Check this out.

Family Of Cop-Killer: If Officer Had Stayed In His Car, He Wouldn’t Have Been Shot

The family defends their son, who shot and killed a police officer when they exchanged fire. The mother blames the cop for getting out of his car. I guess he was supposed to stay put and allow the guy to walk around and threaten people with an assault rifle. The guy had a long record so no way he legally owned the gun. But the nuts still insist restricting gun ownership for the law abiding will save peoples' lives.

When the criminals act like it's their right to do as they please and blame the victims for being there, no amount of laws are going to do shit.

Big jerk!!!

Last I checked Chris Christie was the governor of New Jersey not Connecticut.

Big jerk!!!

I bet he is going to lose all those Connecticut votes.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Big jerk!!!

Christie owed those people nothing, he stated why he vetoed the bill, if they don't like it, can you say "tough shit"?

I wonder if you would think that if it had been your child. Empathy is something you're missing as well as common sense. All of you.

Last edited:

Big jerk!!!

I wonder if you would think that if it had been your child. Empathy is something you're missing as well as common sense. All of you.
Your concern for children rings hollow given your support of abortion.

Big jerk!!!

No, empathy we have in buckets. What we don't have is uncontrolled EMOTION.

you should be happy, you got the 10 commandments out of schools and public life,now you cry about the results!!!

Big jerk!!!

Why does the Governor of New Jersey, have to meet with citizens of Connecticut before he signs or vetoes a bill that would have no effect on the citizens of Connecticut.

I have empathy but there is no need or reason to meet with them. If the victims of the storm Sandy wanted to meet with him about this bill, I'd see no need other than to talk with the people of his own state.

Actually, it's sympathy you have...unless you've lost a first grade child to a gunman. Empathy comes from having experienced a similar tragedy.

Christie said the logical end to limiting magazines to 10 rounds would be limiting them to no rounds.

That's the equivalent of believing that if you lower the speed limit in a school zone to 15 mph,

eventually it will go to zero.

Forum List

Back