Christie vetoes ‘trivial’ gun control bill, angers Sandy Hook parents

No other first world nation has anything like the gun death toll that we have in the US. So what do your fruitloops suggest doing about that? More guns?

More guns in the right hands. Keep the violent 8% of the criminal population that commits 80% of the violent crime IN PRISON...FOREVER... legalize drugs so that the monetary side of the drug trade is eliminated which will further reduce violence, instigate programs where addicts live in government hotels where they are cared for medically, are fed, and are provided with the best drugs they want for free. It's cheaper by far than what we have now, and when they decide to get clean we help them do that too.

They don't get to leave the hotel though. Not until they ARE clean.

Christie owed those people nothing, he stated why he vetoed the bill, if they don't like it, can you say "tough shit"?

I wonder if you would think that if it had been your child. Empathy is something you're missing as well as common sense. All of you.

how would a 10 round mag limit prevented Sandy Hook? The guy had 10-20 minutes of time with a bunch of unarmed teachers and children. he could have used a rifled musket as a club and probably killed just as many people.

Had he gone in with a sword he could have killed way more.

I could never understand why the right turned on him. He is still an ignorant Republican.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie vetoed a gun control bill on Wednesday that would have banned magazines with more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

“Mass violence will not end by changing the number of bullets loaded into a gun,” Christie said in his veto message. “I will not support such a trivial approach to the sanctity of human life, because this is not governing.”

Hours before Christie’s decision, several families from Newtown, Conn., personally delivered a petition to Christie to encourage him to reduce the legal limit of magazines. More than 55,000 individuals supported their request. The governor wasn’t available to meet with the parents who lost children in the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

“His refusal to meet with us is a cowardly political move, but his statement accusing us of ‘grandstanding’ and furthering ‘empty rhetoric’ is a blow to the memories of our children,” parents Nicole Hockley and Mark Barden, who both lost their first-grade sons in the shooting, jointly said in a statement on Wednesday. They asked that the leader explain his veto “by meeting with us and telling us to our faces that it wouldn’t have protected our own children and won’t save the lives of New Jersey’s children. We doubt he has the courage to face us.”

Christie vetoes 'trivial' gun control bill, angers Sandy Hook parents | MSNBC

Big jerk!!!

Christie owed those people nothing, he stated why he vetoed the bill, if they don't like it, can you say "tough shit"?

I wonder if you would think that if it had been your child. Empathy is something you're missing as well as common sense. All of you.

Doing dumb things is not empathy, it is just doing dumb things. Limiting the number of rounds in a magazine would have little, if any, affect on a mass murderer. That is the type of thing dumb people do to show they have empathy.

"Gun control" is working just fine in Chicago. :thup:

Gun control in Chicago. I live in Chicago. What gun control are you talking about? If anyone can buy them all over the state, where is the "control"? :cuckoo:

I rest my case, twerp.

By and large, Chicago is awesome. Mom was from Park Ridge (Home town of Hillary! :lol:), dad lived in Westchester for a time. That was the ought-30's. They married and settled a bit south in '47. I remember going up there to visit the grandparents and walking around downtown. Fannie Mae, Marshall Fields, etc. Art Institute, Museum Campus. :thup:

My first Cubs game was in 1970. Still got the ticket stub.

One of my kids is now in Mundelein. I knew there was something un-fucked up about you.

Most likely the only thing. :slap:

No, empathy we have in buckets. What we don't have is uncontrolled EMOTION.

Ditto.

The left will always run on intentions, not results. That's because their ideas end in disaster, but to them all that is important is that they meant well.

The crime rate in Chicago is bad. They have gun control and it made it worse. So they want more gun control. Then it will get even worse. Finally, they will want to ban guns altogether, claiming that nothing else works.

Meanwhile, the mindset of the idiots killing people will remain the same and the problem will still exist. But libs will pat themselves on the back and say they cared and that was enough.

Your concern for children rings hollow given your support of abortion.

Oh, please. You don't know what you're talking about, as usual. The right just wants everybody to have babies and once they are born you all couldn't care less what happens to them.

People are having sex in this world every minute of the day and night. It has been happening since the beginning of time and nothing will change it. Some do not welcome a pregnancy. That is just the way it is. They should have every option available to them to stop an unwanted child from being born.

My concern for children rings hollow?? No, it does not. Might I add that you have NO concern for children of any kind once they are here so shut up!!
You can add it, but you'd be wrong.

Yes, people have sex. But the left for decades has told people to do whatever they want; they don't have to face the consequences of their actions.

Only a vanishingly small percentage of abortions are for the life or health of the mother. Even fewer for rape or incest.

The vast majority are done solely for convenience.

Abortion kills a human being. You can futilely attempt to redefine what a human being is -- it makes no difference at all. A fetus is a genetically-distinct human being.

The left has told people it's okay to kill other people for the sake of convenience.

You cannot see what's fundamentally wrong with this fact.

Guess who's running for President and doesn't want to piss off the nutter base..?

Fatty McChicken.

Another GOP moderate who has to run to the extreme.

Pathetic.

Ahhhhh,,, Look at the cute little bigot! Did I mention she's a hypocritical asshole too! Funny how you asshats crawl all over a Repub when they make an asinine sexist comment but you feel fine attacking someone because of their weight.

What a complete ass.

[MENTION=39768]hazlnut[/MENTION]

Sandy Hook parents had their 15 minutes of fame. They need to stay out of this.

They have every right to grieve and advocate for what they believe in...just like we have every right to counter them. That's what makes this country great.

Your concern for children rings hollow given your support of abortion.

Oh, please. You don't know what you're talking about, as usual. The right just wants everybody to have babies and once they are born you all couldn't care less what happens to them.

People are having sex in this world every minute of the day and night. It has been happening since the beginning of time and nothing will change it. Some do not welcome a pregnancy. That is just the way it is. They should have every option available to them to stop an unwanted child from being born.

My concern for children rings hollow?? No, it does not. Might I add that you have NO concern for children of any kind once they are here so shut up!!

Yes, people have sex. But the left for decades has told people to do whatever they want; they don't have to face the consequences of their actions.

Only a vanishingly small percentage of abortions are for the life or health of the mother. Even fewer for rape or incest.

Abortion kills a human being. You can futilely attempt to redefine what a human being is -- it makes no difference at all. A fetus is a genetically-distinct human being.

The left has told people it's okay to kill other people for the sake of convenience.

Dave, you are hopeless. That went so far over your head that it's probably in outer space.

Dave, you are hopeless. That went so far over your head that it's probably in outer space.

What's your excuse? Your head is deep down a well you need BP to bring it to the surface. The fact remains that Christie isn't the governor of Connecticut so what he does in NEW JERSEY is no business of the families of those poor children and teachers who were killed.

Don't flatter yourself. You're not capable of coming up with anything that can go over my head, child.

Don't flatter yourself. You're not capable of coming up with anything that can go over my head, child.

Most people are capable of going over your head, Dave. It's not that hard.

No other first world nation has anything like the gun death toll that we have in the US. So what do your fruitloops suggest doing about that? More guns?

hey Rocks how about enforcing the law?.....you know like ZERO tolerance for anyone using a gun committing a crime......you use a gun even if its not discharged you serve 25 years minimum...and you serve every fucking minute of it.....no early outs you serve every minute .....and if the gun is discharged 5 more years......if someone is hurt you add time as to the extent of the injury all the way up to life in prison without parole if someone is killed....

hey Rocks how about enforcing the law?.....you know like ZERO tolerance for anyone using a gun committing a crime......you use a gun even if its not discharged you serve 25 years minimum...and you serve every fucking minute of it.....no early outs you serve every minute .....and if the gun is discharged 5 more years......if someone is hurt you add time as to the extent of the injury all the way up to life in prison without parole if someone is killed....
Roxy would never agree to that. It's NEVER the criminal's fault.

It's the NRA's.

Right, Roxy?

I think we've seen enough examples of zero tolerance policies not being an effective solution to problems. They tend to cause more problems than they solve.

I think we've seen enough examples of zero tolerance policies not being an effective solution to problems. They tend to cause more problems than they solve.

a kid drawing a gun in school and getting expelled is different than a guy robbing a store with a real gun...i dont see how putting someone away for a long time for doing a violent act is going to create more problems ......

Forum List

Back