Christie acting stupid on CNBC

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Considering the fact he is committed to supporting Sleepy Joe in next year's general election, in fact no other Republican would even accept his endorsement, he really screwed the pooch on CNBC yesterday evening.

He actually was critical of his President, even though he is the leader of the Never-Trumpers who installed him.

The Fat Man is really erring here. He needs to understand his base better. He NEEDS to attract Biden supporters.

If I were advising Gov. Christie, I'd tell him to have the theme of his campaign that he is just like Biden, only "better". Call himself "Biden 2.0" and remind people constantly that his state of New Jersey is adjacent to Delaware.

Otherwise, he won't win the respectability he is looking for in the 2024 election, were he to be nominated.

Krispy Kreme missed the opportunity of a lifetime by not campaigning at the Burning Man clusterfuck.

Those drug-addled morons probably would have loved him so much they would have rolled him in the mud like a giant hamster ball.

Christie knows he won't win the nomination. Surely you realize that this isn't his reason for "running"

Christie knows he won't win the nomination. Surely you realize that this isn't his reason for "running"

Christie won't win the Presidency for sure. But he could easily win the GOP nomination. The establishment Republicans really hate the little Trumpsters and are looking for any reason to push them out of the GOP.

I just think that being nicer to Sleepy Joe would put him in a good position for a appointment in a 2nd Biden Administration, which is a more realistic long term goal.

If you ever wonder what’s wrong with the Republican Party, just look at how they treat someone acting with consistency and principles.

Christie isn’t bending the knee and kissing Trump’s ring. He actually has backbone which has zero value in MAGA world.

Considering the fact he is committed to supporting Sleepy Joe in next year's general election, in fact no other Republican would even accept his endorsement, he really screwed the pooch on CNBC yesterday evening.

He actually was critical of his President, even though he is the leader of the Never-Trumpers who installed him.

The Fat Man is really erring here. He needs to understand his base better. He NEEDS to attract Biden supporters.

If I were advising Gov. Christie, I'd tell him to have the theme of his campaign that he is just like Biden, only "better". Call himself "Biden 2.0" and remind people constantly that his state of New Jersey is adjacent to Delaware.

Otherwise, he won't win the respectability he is looking for in the 2024 election, were he to be nominated.

It didn't just happen overnight. Christie has been a moron for quite a few years now.

As much as I do not like Christie he is largely correct here.

The Federal Reserve “may have waited too long to do what they were doing on rates, and therefore had to raise them much more quickly,” Christie said.

While not ground breaking I've argued this for years, he is correct.

Biden and former President Donald Trump both deserve the lion’s share of the blame for inflation due to their profligate spending, the former New Jersey governor argued.

Again he is correct. Just like has already been argued many times.

To note though, he does not let the Fed off the hook despite the article title.

Last edited:
If you ever wonder what’s wrong with the Republican Party, just look at how they treat someone acting with consistency and principles.

Christie isn’t bending the knee and kissing Trump’s ring. He actually has backbone which has zero value in MAGA world.
Kamala did not kiss Joe's ring. She called Joe a racist and bigot.

As much as I do not like Christie he is largely correct here.

The Federal Reserve “may have waited too long to do what they were doing on rates, and therefore had to raise them much more quickly,” Christie said.

While not ground breaking I've argued this for years, he is correct.

Biden and former President Donald Trump both deserve the lion’s share of the blame for inflation due to their profligate spending, the former New Jersey governor argued.

Again he is correct. Just like has already been argued many times.

To note though, he does not let the Fed off the hook despite the article title.

"Being correct" now is pointless however. Christie was a huge anti-Trumpster who was largely responsible for getting Biden in. By criticizing Sleepy Joe now, he is making an admission that his decision to support him in 2020 was wrong, and that makes people think his future decisions will be wrong as well.

"Being correct" now is pointless however.

That's right.

Christie was a huge anti-Trumpster who was largely responsible for getting Biden in. By criticizing Sleepy Joe now, he is making an admission that his decision to support him in 2020 was wrong, and that makes people think his future decisions will be wrong as well.

Christie had nothing to do with Biden winning. That's all on Trump.

Christie is and always has been a standard Republican.

He's correct that the Covid spending under both Biden and Trump (and approved by Congress) spurred inflation...but won't he doesn't say is that money has shaken itself out of the system and inflation is DOWN now.

Also contributing to that inflation was the Ukraine War and it's effect on oil prices. I guess Christie missed that.

He also missed the supply chain issues that the Biden Admin has effectively dealt with

He's trying to position himself as a viable candidate in case Trump doesn't get the nomination

Christie won't win the Presidency for sure. But he could easily win the GOP nomination. The establishment Republicans really hate the little Trumpsters and are looking for any reason to push them out of the GOP.

I just think that being nicer to Sleepy Joe would put him in a good position for a appointment in a 2nd Biden Administration, which is a more realistic long term goal.
Here it is...

Trump goes to trial and the MAGA realise the evidence is all real... The right wing bubble collapses the wall of omission for Trump and turns on Trump with the realisation that he can't win.

Now they got a problem... All the candidate bar Christie have failed to take Trump on... These media organisations have turned on Trump and anyone praising him will look weak and foolish...

It is a long shot but that could be Christies path... He doesn't need 35%, he just needs more than the pack of Trumpettes...

The evidence to be shown in court about Trump is not just criminal but is actually embarrassing... It was so incompetent, it will be a funny movie... Rudy was drunk when he came up with the half baked idea and sold it to Trump... Sydney Powell will give Meryl Streep another Oscar...

I humbly disagree. If the Republicans had united behind Trump, including the large Never-Trumpster contingent, the election wouldn't have been close enough for Biden to rig.

Trump made it very hard to rally behind him. Oddly he thinks you do that by calling people names.

Here it is...

Trump goes to trial and the MAGA realise the evidence is all real... The right wing bubble collapses the wall of omission for Trump and turns on Trump with the realisation that he can't win.

Now they got a problem... All the candidate bar Christie have failed to take Trump on... These media organisations have turned on Trump and anyone praising him will look weak and foolish...

It is a long shot but that could be Christies path... He doesn't need 35%, he just needs more than the pack of Trumpettes...

The evidence to be shown in court about Trump is not just criminal but is actually embarrassing... It was so incompetent, it will be a funny movie... Rudy was drunk when he came up with the half baked idea and sold it to Trump... Sydney Powell will give Meryl Streep another Oscar...

I agree with you that Christie does have a path to the nomination, but not to actually being elected President. The charges are bogus, but there are a lot of establishment Republicans who are just looking for a way to get the Trumpsters out of the Party.

But the disrespect he gave Sleepy Joe yesterday doesn't help him with his pandering the D's, that he will be needing to get if he hopes for a position in the Biden Administration.

Forum List

Back