Christians: May I ask, what are your thoughts on this Bible Scripture &...

Anonymous1977

(NOT AFFILIATED WITH GROUP CALLED, "ANONYMOUS")
Nov 7, 2014
האי שלי
(*Full Title: Christians: May I ask, what are your thoughts on this Bible Scripture & the DENOMINATIONAL state of Christianity?)

"(10)Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. (11)For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. (12)Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. (13)Is Christ divided?..." 1 Cor. 1:10-13

Peace & May God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

(*Full Title: Christians: May I ask, what are your thoughts on this Bible Scripture & the DENOMINATIONAL state of Christianity?)

"(10)Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. (11)For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. (12)Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. (13)Is Christ divided?..." 1 Cor. 1:10-13

Anonymous1977

No, All are united as one in thought, peace, love and unity under Christ-- a single religion--not many-- a worldwide brotherhood, no matter what race, or country they are from or live in--it is false religions and govts that divide.
Trinity based religions = Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided will not stand.
This is the true God--John 4:22-24.
Trinity translations are filled with error--that is what caused division among them.

Anonymous1977

Paul is speaking of those who hold fast to the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. Not false teachers, false prophets and those who follow such teachings. The Bible is very emphatic on holding fast to the Doctrine of Jesus Christ as written in the King James Version bible.

It is written: For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the Doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you that bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. 2 John 1:7-11

In summation - the Doctrine of Christ is that God did come to us in the flesh - Jesus Christ is God - any who deny Jesus Christ is God and the Only way to enter heaven are of an antichrist spirit and there is no unity with Belial. ( Satan or his children ) To be clear - Paul is speaking of the born again brethren who are in one accord on the Doctrine of Christ. All others are outside and not a part of the body of Christ. One easy way to identify false believers is they refuse to say Jesus Christ is God and they deny the Word of God which declares that without holiness no one shall see the LORD. The road to heaven is narrow. Jesus said, let no man take your crown. (steal it) Believers must be very discerning about who they keep fellowship with. Not everyone who says they are a believer is speaking the truth.
WWI WWII The Hidden Cause Finally Revealed US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:
There have always been differences in some parts of teaching, but as Brother Jeremiah said, it is the Doctrine/Gospel of Jesus Christ that unites us into the One Body.

The Apostles themselves disagreed from time to time, so people should not be surprised when believers today do the same.

Acts 15:
1 .) And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
2 .) When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

4 .) And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
5 .) But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
6 .) And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
7 .) And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
8 .) And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
9 .) And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10 .) Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
11 .) But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

36 .) And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the LORD, and see how they do.
37 .) And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.
38 .) But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.
39 .) And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;
40 .) And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.
41 .) And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.

[and these are just a few instances]

I didn't read all of you guys posts but the consensus that I got from scanning them is that you all are saying that there is no division in present day Christianity, and that just is not true:

List of Christian denominations - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Peace and May God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

There is no division among the belief that is the single-most sacrosanct core of Christianity: the belief that Yeshua the Christ is—not was, for He lives—the only begotten Son of God the Father; and that by His having kept His word to our Father and having come to earth to die physically for us, saved us from the grip of eternal spiritual death and division, or separation, from God.

Other dressings about The Faith aside, there can be no division amongst Christians with regard to that belief.

This is precisely why when someone asks me if I am a Christian, I prefer to reply simply that I am a more of a believer than I am a Christian.

That is what truly matters. :thup:

I didn't read all of you guys posts but the consensus that I got from scanning them is that you all are saying that there is no division in present day Christianity, and that just is not true:

Anonymous1977
I don't think anyone said that at all.

There is no religion today that is 100% practicing Christ's teachings. They have all made adjustments over time. Some way more than others. But overall they adhere to the basics. It's not rational to expect over 2,000 years the message would remain entirely intact, it has been translated so many times there are mistakes. I don't think that will be held against us though as the basis is solid and we did the best we could with the information we had.

Paul is inviting us to unit in our faith in Christ.

in fact he also said we are given apostles, prophets, pastors teachers and other officers of the church to lead us to a unity of faith.

as His Church unites, miracles begin to happen.

Anonymous1977

??? If you do not read the comments, how can you determine to understand what is being explained? That's like "scanning" Scriptures and professing to understand His Word. You received good comments that were worthy of your consideration. To not even bother reading them reveals that you were not looking for an answer, rather just the opportunity to post your information on the diversity of denominations. Why didn't you just do an OpEd?

??? If you do not read the comments, how can you determine to understand what is being explained? That's like "scanning" Scriptures and professing to understand His Word. You received good comments that were worthy of your consideration. To not even bother reading them reveals that you were not looking for an answer, rather just the opportunity to post your information on the diversity of denominations. Why didn't you just do an OpEd?

Well actually, it is a tendency of mine that when I begin to read something, if I don't trust what I read, I lose interest in the rest of what is being said. That, Sir or Ma'am, is what took place on this thread. To not bother reading them did not reveal that I was not looking for an answer (O ASSuming one (lol,)) it revealed that I did not trust what I initially read and lost interest in what was being said...

Peace, and may God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

Anonymous1977

33,000 religions claiming to be Christian is satans illusion---Jesus is with one single Christian religion--his teachings point all to it, but few know know his truths.

Anonymous1977

Well there are a lot of interesting ideas about what Paul is talking about that have been posted, but they are missing the point and looking too deeply into things. Paul is writing to the church he founded at Corinth and there was division in the church regarding who to listen to. Some were following the teaching of Apollos who was a companion of Paul. Cephas is Peter who visited Corinth and he taught a very different message than Paul. And some people thought they should listen to no one but Jesus. So there was confusion because they were getting several different messages from several different people and they were starting to argue amongst themselves. What Paul is saying is that he founded the church and they should listen to him. He says everyone else should not be ignored necessarily, but he is establishing that it is his church, he founded it, and he is the one to listen to. His main point to them though is "knock it off and quit fighting"

Last edited:

Anonymous1977

33,000 religions claiming to be Christian is satans illusion---Jesus is with one single Christian religion--his teachings point all to it, but few know know his truths.

Listen to yourself. You have allowed Christianity to mindrape you so hard until now your mind has become so dominated and completely forced into submission by a religion that was created thousands of years ago by people who wanted to limit your potential as a human being.

Well there are a lot of interesting ideas about what Paul is talking about, but they are missing the point and looking too deep into things. Paul is writing to the church he founded at Corinth and there was division in the church regarding who to listen to. Some were following the teaching of Apollos who was a companion of Paul. Cephas is Peter who visited Corinth and he taught a very different message than Paul. And some people thought they should listen to no one but Jesus. So there was confusion because they were getting several different messages from several different people. What Paul is saying is that he founded the church and they should listen to him. He says everyone else should not be ignored necessarily, but he is establishing that it is his church, he founded it, and he is the one to listen to.

You are ASSuming (lol) some things here, which is called conjecture...but I wanted to point out to your implication that Paul was only talking to the church at Corinth:

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This Scripture shows us that all Scripture is for ALL Christians, right? Yes, Sir I am right...

Peace and may God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

Well there are a lot of interesting ideas about what Paul is talking about, but they are missing the point and looking too deep into things. Paul is writing to the church he founded at Corinth and there was division in the church regarding who to listen to. Some were following the teaching of Apollos who was a companion of Paul. Cephas is Peter who visited Corinth and he taught a very different message than Paul. And some people thought they should listen to no one but Jesus. So there was confusion because they were getting several different messages from several different people. What Paul is saying is that he founded the church and they should listen to him. He says everyone else should not be ignored necessarily, but he is establishing that it is his church, he founded it, and he is the one to listen to.

You are ASSuming (lol) some things here, which is called conjecture...but I wanted to point out to your implication that Paul was only talking to the church at Corinth:

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This Scripture shows us that all Scripture is for ALL Christians, right? Yes, Sir I am right...

Peace and may God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

2 Timothy is pseudopigraphic. Paul didn't write that

Last edited:

Well he was writing to the people at Corinth so it's safe to suggest he was directing it specifically at them. We can certainly take lessons from it and apply it to other things in modern life, but that wasn't what Paul was doing. And I am really not assuming anything. The letter is very specific. Someone from the house of Chloe told Paul that they were fighting and some were saying "I am for Paul", and others were saying "I am for Cephas (Peter)" etc and he is telling them to knock it off. It's not really that hard..it's right there in black and white.

I have come to several conclusions: A Christian must believe that Christ is the Head of His Church. A Christian must believe that Christ is God. A Christian must grow to believe that the Bible is the Word of God. And a Christian must learn to trust Christ in everything! If Christ is not at the center of a person's faith, that person is not a CHRISTian ------he is still just an observer and a fake.

Anonymous1977
I'm non denominational I don't believe in the division among the brethren. Then again I don't buy into the dogma that has accumulated in the last 2000 years either. The church should be united and should keep things simple and plain. There is no need for elaborate buildings and fancy robes. NT trumps OT and word of Christ trump all. Jesus is the example.

I'm non denominational I don't believe in the division among the brethren. Then again I don't buy into the dogma that has accumulated in the last 2000 years either. The church should be united and should keep things simple and plain. There is no need for elaborate buildings and fancy robes. NT trumps OT and word of Christ trump all. Jesus is the example.

Thank you, Ma'am for answering:).

May God Bless you. Brotherly love,
Anonymous1977

Paul is inviting us to unit in our faith in Christ.

in fact he also said we are given apostles, prophets, pastors teachers and other officers of the church to lead us to a unity of faith.

as His Church unites, miracles begin to happen.
Paul also teaches me to recognize the the OP is a basic attempt to put a stumbling block in my path
:thup:

Forum List

Back