Christians: May I ask, what are your thoughts on this Bible Scripture &...

(*Full Title: Christians: May I ask, what are your thoughts on this Bible Scripture & the DENOMINATIONAL state of Christianity?)

"(10)Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. (11)For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. (12)Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. (13)Is Christ divided?..." 1 Cor. 1:10-13

Peace & May God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

That's what Paulus said to this theme.

My five cent:

The philosophical background is the paradigma "There's only one common truth". That's for example what also all scientists of all sciences are accepting. Concrete example: if something is true in physics and the same would be wrong in chemistry then something would be wrong with the doctrines of physics or the doctrines of chemistry or with one of the used methods and rules. In case of physics and chemistry it's in most cases easy to find out what is wrong, because experiments are the criterion for truth in this case. This truth is not inside human beings - this truth is outside in the nature all around - we could also say "in the world that is [created from] the logos of god". On the other side: There is no other side! We are "inside" part of this world too - we are on our own - everyone - part of this creative logos of god. So why do we not agree in all questions? ... I guess that's because we are "idiots". We have to simulate everything first in our thoughts if we like to understand. Our thoughts are somehow the shadows of the world under gods light. We don't see very clear what's all around. We have first to learn everything. And we are only able to learn in communication with others. If we understand Paulus - or anyone else - then we should not forget that there's only one truth in the world amd we are children who have to learn everything, really everything. The very astonishing thing: it seems to me in the time where we live today more and more people like to learn nothing against each other instead to learn something together with others.

Translation of the text: Silbermond - Irgendwas bleibt lyrics

Last edited:
... Listen to yourself. You have allowed Christianity to mindrape you so hard until now your mind has become so dominated and completely forced into submission by a religion that was created thousands of years ago by people who wanted to limit your potential as a human being.

And why did the people thousands of years ago want to limit his potential as a human being?

(*Full Title: Christians: May I ask, what are your thoughts on this Bible Scripture & the DENOMINATIONAL state of Christianity?)

"(10)Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. (11)For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. (12)Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. (13)Is Christ divided?..." 1 Cor. 1:10-13

Anonymous1977

"Our Lord Jesus Christ..."

So much for the 1st Commandment.

... Listen to yourself. You have allowed Christianity to mindrape you so hard until now your mind has become so dominated and completely forced into submission by a religion that was created thousands of years ago by people who wanted to limit your potential as a human being.

And why did the people thousands of years ago want to limit his potential as a human being?

The best way to conquer a people is to change the Way they believe.

And once they are conquered, well, religion is a fine way of keeping them subservient. Religion... despite all its strengths, despite all the power to be found within it... can also become a prison of the mind and spirit from which few dare to break free from.

I didn't read all of you guys posts but the consensus that I got from scanning them is that you all are saying that there is no division in present day Christianity, and that just is not true:

List of Christian denominations - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Peace and May God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

33,000 religions claiming to be Christian is satans illusion---Jesus is with one single Christian religion--his teachings point all to it, but few know know his truths.

Listen to yourself. You have allowed Christianity to mindrape you so hard until now your mind has become so dominated and completely forced into submission by a religion that was created thousands of years ago by people who wanted to limit your potential as a human being.

Considering Christianity, at least undiluted Christianity, teaches us we will be partakers of the Divine Nature, Joint Heirs with Christ, and become Kings and Queens, I fail to see how it limits the potential as a human being.

After all, if Jesus called those that received the Word gods, then how limited can they truly be?

Paul is inviting us to unit in our faith in Christ.

in fact he also said we are given apostles, prophets, pastors teachers and other officers of the church to lead us to a unity of faith.

as His Church unites, miracles begin to happen.
Paul also teaches me to recognize the the OP is a basic attempt to put a stumbling block in my path
:thup:

You're assessment is likely accurate.

Anonymous1977

Not at all when you realize who gave the First Commandment.

Before Abraham, was I Am.

Paul also teaches me to recognize the the OP is a basic attempt to put a stumbling block in my path

Greetings, Sir.

...you must have misunderstood Paul...the OP was just seeking to hear some thoughts, not seeking to cause anyone to stumble...the OP would not like to do that (cause someone to stumble) to someone who believes in God.

Peace and may God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

Greetings Delta4Embassy:),

Actually, the Prophet David speaking by the Spirit of God said:

Psalm 110:1
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

The truth is that as we can see there are two lords here.

Peace.
Anonymous1977

Anonymous1977

Who cares about?

Greetings, Sir.

...you must have misunderstood Paul...the OP was just seeking to hear some thoughts, not seeking to cause anyone to stumble...the OP would not like to do that (cause someone to stumble) to someone who believes in God.

Peace and may God Bless you.
Anonymous1977
????.....do you not realize that it is a stumbling block to those who are still struggling with the choice of whether or not to believe in God?.......the simple reality is that 99% of the differences between one denomination and another are not salvific......why not focus on the similarities instead of on the differences?.......

Greetings Delta4Embassy:),

Actually, the Prophet David speaking by the Spirit of God said:

Psalm 110:1
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

The truth is that as we can see there are two lords here.

Peace.
Anonymous1977

Yes every spot in the ot--GOD-LORD (all capitols) was speaking about the almighty God-YHVH(Jehovah)
the other lord is Jesus--not the almighty God.

Forum List

Back