christians in restaurants on sundays

and they wonder who they are disliked and mocked

Every Sunday around noon, waiters and waitresses throughout the Bible belt and other densely churched areas of North America brace themselves for the church crowd* to roll in. In a flurry of khaki and hairspray, they become visibly nervous if presented with a wine list and they loudly discuss which of them will pray over the food. Once they leave, heartily clapping each other on the back and taking an awful long time to exit, their server often finds christian 'kulture' is historically known for leaving a gospel tract when they tip in restaurants. Oftentimes they leave a tract along with actual money, but in severe cases they'll leave only the tract.

STUFF CHRISTIAN CULTURE LIKES: #86 Leaving a gospel tract with the tip

Now you see you missed a great chance to make a valid argument like, if one is supposed to keep the Sabbath holy and not work, why do they go to businesses that don't and force people to work and wait on them. Instead, you are just upset about money.

not a Christian belief-----in the gospels of all kinds of roman ass lickers ------one finds deprecation of the "no work" on the Sabbath dictum

This thread is about Christians and it is part of the Bible What Does the Bible Say About Working On The Sabbath?

which bible-----ya gotta read BOTH. In the NT----there are interesting stories relating to "da Sabbath" I have noted FROM CHRISTIAN SERMONS-----that the stories are supposed to demonstrate that strict adherence to the "NO WORK" principle as detailed in the OT ------is idiotic.
Do you really want to discuss this issue?-----it is a matter of
some contention.

So far you haven't offered up anything that contradicts not working on Sunday being in the Bible nor have you offered anything that says the rule doesn't apply. The only contention seems to be in your own head.

ok----you want to discuss----There is a story in the NT---about
Jesus---"healing a crippled <or some other illness> guy" at
the Bethesda garden/pond. The man is lying on a blanket---
and Jesus tells him---"go home" "take your blanket and
carry it under your arm"------the man does so and someone
asks him "why are you carrying a burden on the Sabbath"?---
and the man said---"that wise person over there told me to do it" I have heard Christian popular preachers use that story to insist that Jesus did away with stringent Sabbath rules.
An interesting factoid---is----that even Talmudic arguments---
would justify what the man did-----Jesus was actually quoting
the Talmud when he said "carry it under your arm"----Talmudic
argument is-----"if you must carry a burden on the Sabbath---
do it in a slightly irregular manner---like CARRYING IT UNDER
YOUR ARM" <<<approx. Another one was picking up----
grains of wheat and eating them -----Jesus is PUTATIVELY
criticized for dong it on the Sabbath----in fact the argument he offered was ENTIRELY TALMUDIC but Christian apologists have used the event to "prove" Jesus did away with Sabbath
rules--------really---read the book. I read the books ----and the radio was on all day sunday------filled up with billy graham style
"sermons" ---or entertaining preaching. Jesus did not only offer Talmudic arguments------they were downright PHARISEE in style

and they wonder who they are disliked and mocked

Every Sunday around noon, waiters and waitresses throughout the Bible belt and other densely churched areas of North America brace themselves for the church crowd* to roll in. In a flurry of khaki and hairspray, they become visibly nervous if presented with a wine list and they loudly discuss which of them will pray over the food. Once they leave, heartily clapping each other on the back and taking an awful long time to exit, their server often finds christian 'kulture' is historically known for leaving a gospel tract when they tip in restaurants. Oftentimes they leave a tract along with actual money, but in severe cases they'll leave only the tract.

STUFF CHRISTIAN CULTURE LIKES: #86 Leaving a gospel tract with the tip

Now you see you missed a great chance to make a valid argument like, if one is supposed to keep the Sabbath holy and not work, why do they go to businesses that don't and force people to work and wait on them. Instead, you are just upset about money.

not a Christian belief-----in the gospels of all kinds of roman ass lickers ------one finds deprecation of the "no work" on the Sabbath dictum

This thread is about Christians and it is part of the Bible What Does the Bible Say About Working On The Sabbath?

which bible-----ya gotta read BOTH. In the NT----there are interesting stories relating to "da Sabbath" I have noted FROM CHRISTIAN SERMONS-----that the stories are supposed to demonstrate that strict adherence to the "NO WORK" principle as detailed in the OT ------is idiotic.
some contention.

So far you haven't offered up anything that contradicts not working on Sunday being in the Bible nor have you offered anything that says the rule doesn't apply. The only contention seems to be in your own head.
sunday is the goyim's day, after their 'worship' they shovel pig guts into their maw in honor of a guy they claim is a man god who kept kosher , how insane are they!!

some contention.

sunday is the goyim's day, after their 'worship' they shovel pig guts into their maw in honor of a guy they claim is a man god who kept kosher , how insane are they!!

gooono----you are in no position to snarl 'insane' at anyone

What are the two greatest Commandments?

What are the two greatest Commandments?

depends on whom you ask------according to my mom---it is---
HONOR YOUR MOTHER.....and your dad, too.
both first and second.
hillel said-----love your neighbor -------would never have
worked in my hometown----old women there loved
their lawns more than their neighbors

some contention.

You don't do that? Interesting.

I spent many years on the floor as a server and only once did I have someone leave me a fake bill with Bible passages as a tip.

I know none of that matters b/c Guno only cares about smearing and generalizing Christians.

That's a little strange to me. The only time I've ever noticed ANY difference in Christians and others is their weekly display of clothing and SUV's. I've lived here in a small mostly rural community for the last twenty two years and one thing is very obvious to all.......that fewer people go to the trouble of attending church on Sunday mornings.

sunday-school-attendance-sbc.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back