Christianity Bashing: Told Ya' So!

Oh boo-hoo-hoo! They're mocking my religion"

FEllow Christians?

Grow a set would yas?

You were warned that you were taking the harder path when you became believers, were you not?

Well we have chosen to take that path and we can expect that thosome non-Christians are going to hate us for believing in the theology we have chosen.

Christian-up, believers.

Stop whining.

Finally, Someone with logic. :clap2:

FEllow Christians?

Grow a set would yas?

You were warned that you were taking the harder path when you became believers, were you not?

Well we have chosen to take that path and we can expect that thosome non-Christians are going to hate us for believing in the theology we have chosen.

Christian-up, believers.

Stop whining.

Bet you published the same type of post to black folks way back when, telling 'em to "Just suck it up...and stop complaining!!"

I might be able to get behind of of your posts that says "the heck with equality...."

You're not the kind of guy who has a set of rules for one people, and a different set for another...are you?

Last edited:

FEllow Christians?

Grow a set would yas?

Christian-up, believers.

Stop whining.

Bet you published the same type of post to black folks way back when, telling 'em to "Just suck it up...and stop complaining!!"

I might be able to get behind of of your posts that says "the heck with equality...."

You're not the kind of guy who has a set of rules for one people, and a different set for another...are you?

Comparing what black people, a small minority who were discriminated against, to white christians, who are the majority and take up almost every single politician's office, is incredible.

PC you don't have to be a victim, in fact I'd bet you'd be a lot of happier if you stopped trying so hard to be one. You're a white christian, living in a majority white country, in a christian society, where you essentially have to be a christian to be elected to hold office. Enjoy it.

So you want Christians to follow the orders of a non Christian. How's that working for you? Have you tried it on muslims yet?

So you want Christians to follow the orders of a non Christian. How's that working for you? Have you tried it on muslims yet?

He wants you to quit bitching and worship your goddamn religion.

Things like this thread are unnecessary and you shouldn't even worry about it.
You are acting like it has to be respected by everyone, no matter what.

He wants you to quit bitching and worship your goddamn religion.

Things like this thread are unnecessary and you shouldn't even worry about it.
You are acting like it has to be respected by everyone, no matter what.

You don't know what my religion is. And you are frothing at the mouth. BTW: If Christians 'just follow their religion' they have to talk to you about it.

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Matthew 28:16-20

Last edited:

FEllow Christians?

Grow a set would yas?

Christian-up, believers.

Stop whining.

Comparing what black people, a small minority who were discriminated against, to white christians, who are the majority and take up almost every single politician's office, is incredible.

PC you don't have to be a victim, in fact I'd bet you'd be a lot of happier if you stopped trying so hard to be one. You're a white christian, living in a majority white country, in a christian society, where you essentially have to be a christian to be elected to hold office. Enjoy it.

1. I haven’t seen such contortions since you gave birth to yourself.

2. "Comparing what black people, a small minority who were discriminated against,..."
Not even a nice try....as a college attendee, didn't you recognize the analogy is about equal treatment, not skin color?

You did recognize that...didn't you? Or am I overestimating you?

3. "PC you don't have to be a victim,..."
Another poor free throw attempt!
You've seen enough of my posts to know I hardly see myself as any sort of victim. Nor do I put up with any sort of contumely!

4. Victim???
When ghosts go camping, they tell PoliticalChic stories!
Running with the bulls? I’m the one chasing ‘em!
I'm so tough he went UP Niagara Falls in a barrel!
I have a black belt in Karioke!
I’d be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics.

5. "You're a white christian,..."
Oh...did I forget to mention it?
I'm not 'white.'
Check out my profile pic....and tremble.

6. "...where you essentially have to be a christian to be elected to hold office."
How can you fit so many bone-head errors into one short post???
BTW....I live in NYC...still wanna stick to that dumb statement?
And, what college did you visit? They didn't tell you that 'Christian' gets capitalized?

Let's review...just to give you a chance to apologize and throw yourself on
the mercy of the court:
The essence of your post is that you oppose treating folks equally.
Take it from there.....

2. "Comparing what black people, a small minority who were discriminated against,..."
Not even a nice try....as a college attendee, didn't you recognize the analogy is about equal treatment, not skin color?

You've seen enough of my posts to know I hardly see myself as any sort of victim. Nor do I put up with any sort of contumely!

4. Victim???

I'm not 'white.'

6. "...where you essentially have to be a christian to be elected to hold office."
And, what college did you visit? They didn't tell you that 'Christian' gets capitalized?

the mercy of the court:
Take it from there.....
I wrote an honest question intended for Catholics or those who know more of the faith than I. (I have not attended a Catholic church in many years; never confirmed, but went to Mass with relatives who are Catholic, many times.) NO RESPONSE. "Your post doesn't deserve a response" is not a witty reply. My admiration for my Catholics relatives remains. Not a question I would pose to them however.

4. Victim???

I'm not 'white.'

the mercy of the court:
Take it from there.....
I wrote an honest question intended for Catholics or those who know more of the faith than I. (I have not attended a Catholic church in many years; never confirmed, but went to Mass with relatives who are Catholic, many times.) NO RESPONSE. "Your post doesn't deserve a response" is not a witty reply. My admiration for my Catholics relatives remains. Not a question I would pose to them however.

" "Your post doesn't deserve a response" is not a witty reply"
What?
Is that my post?

Please elucidate.

4. Victim???

I'm not 'white.'

the mercy of the court:
Take it from there.....

You are acting like a victim.

"Whaaa whaaa I live in a christian society that almost only elects christians, and I'm discriminated against because I'm christian."

I don't know how people can make posts with that message, and expect anyone to take it seriously.

4. Victim???

I'm not 'white.'

the mercy of the court:
Take it from there.....

"Whaaa whaaa I live in a christian society that almost only elects christians, and I'm discriminated against because I'm christian."

I don't know how people can make posts with that message, and expect anyone to take it seriously.

I note you didn't address my evisceration of your post....

....merely an "is too, is too...." post.

Thus, what you didn't address makes clear that I did.

Review?
Sure.

My post made clear that Christians are not treated in the same manner as others...

I am not a victim in any way outside of the context in the above sentence.

Your suggestion that I am behaving as such is consistent with the lower class malediction 'snitches get stiches, and wind up inditches....'
A disgusting motto, designed to shield bad behavior.
I'll have none of it.
If you do, it highlights you as no more than a sniveling coward.
...and is meant to stifle criticism of the unequal treatment.
(Which...I note, you don't deny.)

And, you were wrong about me being white...

...and equally wrong about having to be Christian to hold office.

You should be aware of the fact that you are slipping into the weak character that so many on the Left evince.

Wasn't there a time in you life when you stood up against iniquity?
What happened to you?

4. Victim???

I'm not 'white.'

the mercy of the court:
Take it from there.....

Review?
Sure.

My post made clear that Christians are not treated in the same manner as others...

Your suggestion that I am behaving as such is consistent with the lower class malediction 'snitches get stiches, and wind up inditches....'
I'll have none of it.

You should be aware of the fact that you are slipping into the weak character that so many on the Left evince.

What happened to you?

What percentage of americans are christian? 80%? What percentage of our politicians are christian? 99%? You're not discriminated against.

You're saying christians are treated differently in a negative way, which I think is jibberish. Since almost all politicians essentially have to market how christian they are on the campaign trail, I don't see how lawmakers are going to stiff christians.

Have a good one.

Review?
Sure.

I'll have none of it.

What happened to you?

What percentage of americans are christian? 80%? What percentage of our politicians are christian? 99%? You're not discriminated against.

You're saying christians are treated differently in a negative way, which I think is jibberish. Since almost all politicians essentially have to market how christian they are on the campaign trail, I don't see how lawmakers are going to stiff christians.

Have a good one.

1. Doc, meet the mayor of New York City, the Honorable Michael Bloomberg.

2. "You're saying christians are treated differently in a negative way, which I think is jibberish."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP1W2nwHiI4]Tim Tebow, Celebrity Christians, Too Much is Not Good. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHX5RctMzWE]Comedy Central's Respect for Christianity - YouTube[/ame]

3. Gibberish...with a "g"...defined:

gib·ber·ish/ˈjibəriSH/
Noun:
Unintelligible or meaningless speech or writing; nonsense.
Synonyms:
gibber

Maybe you meant 'licorice'?

lic·o·rice/ˈlik(ə)riSH/
Noun:
A sweet, chewy, aromatic black substance made by evaporation from the juice of a root.
A candy flavored with such a substance.

Yummy!

4. OMG....can't you get ANYTHING right???

OMG, shows on Comedy Central disrespect Christianity!

And as we all know, no shows on Comedy Central would ever disrespect another religion!

Clear and irrefutable proof that they treat Christianity differently.

:lol:

And as we all know, no shows on Comedy Central would ever disrespect another religion!

Thank you Monty. And I'll add some more common sense to the discussion.

'South Park' Creators Could Face Retribution For Depicting Muhammad, Website Warns | Fox News

A radical Islamic website is warning the creators of "South Park" that they could face violent retribution for depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a bear suit during an episode broadcast on Comedy Central last week.

She's just trying to portray herself and those who follow the same religion as she, as victims, no matter how many times she's tries to tell you otherwise.

Monty, you'd look more intelligent if you knew a bit more about the topic before you post...

"Comedy Central modified Parker and Stone's version of the episode, obscuring all images and bleeping all references to Muhammad—to the effect of disruptively obscuring the entire two-minute moral conclusion of the story. Nevertheless, both "200" and "201" were nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program in 2010.[1]
The censorship drew strong criticism against Comedy Central. Critics said the move was a significant public victory for Muslim extremists, and that the network's move would encourage further threats from radical groups."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/201_(South_Park)

Seems to indicate that " they treat Christianity differently."
No?

Look up Palestinian alarm clock+family guy.

They also mock the principle of jihad on family guy in an episode that starts with Osama Bin Laden on family guy.

It's just you're looking for things that make you look like a victim, and aren't looking for anti-muslim things.

I don't think tv shows should bend to any hypersenstitive fundamentalist. If a hypersensitive fundamentalist doesn't like what a show or network is airing they can turn the channel and impact the show and network's bottom line.

The power is literally and figuratively, in the people's hands.

Persecution of Christianity...
:mad:
British Government: Christians Have No Right to Wear Visible Cross or Crucifix
March 12, 2012 – Britain’s Conservative-led government plans to argue in a European Court of Human Rights case that employers are entitled to ban the visible wearing of crosses at work because displaying the symbol is not a recognized “requirement” of the Christian faith.
A document leaked to Britain’s Sunday Telegraph outlines the argument the government plans to present at the tribunal in Strasbourg, France, where two Christian women will claim that their rights were violated when employers barred them from wearing crosses at work. At the center of the applicants’ case is Article 9 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which states, “Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief, in worship, teaching, practice and observance.”

But the government will argue that “the applicants’ wearing of a visible cross or crucifix was not a manifestation of their religion or belief within the meaning of Article 9.” Furthermore, it will say that “the restriction on the applicants’ wearing of a visible cross or crucifix was not an ‘interference’ with their rights protected by Article 9.”

“In neither case is there any suggestion that the wearing of a visible cross or crucifix was a generally recognized form of practicing the Christian faith, still less one that is regarded (including by the applicants themselves) as a requirement of the faith,” says the document, which the Telegraph says was prepared by the Foreign Office. The second most-senior figure in the Anglican Church, Archbishop of York John Sentamu, told the BBC Sunday that the government was “beginning to meddle in areas that they ought not to. I think they should leave that to the courts to make a judgment.”

Earlier another Anglican bishop challenged the argument about displaying a cross not being a requirement of Christianity. “OK, if you say wearing a cross isn’t a compulsory part of Christianity, we agree,” Bishop of Peterborough Donald Allister told the Telegraph last month. “But it is a duty of a Christian to be public about their faith as well as private, and that is clear New Testament teaching.” News of the government’s intervention in the case comes amid a raging dispute between the government and church leaders over Conservative Prime Minister David Cameron’s plans to legalize same-sex marriage by 2015.

Hijabs, turbans allowed

Monty, you'd look more intelligent if you knew a bit more about the topic before you post...

"Comedy Central modified Parker and Stone's version of the episode, obscuring all images and bleeping all references to Muhammad—to the effect of disruptively obscuring the entire two-minute moral conclusion of the story. Nevertheless, both "200" and "201" were nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program in 2010.[1]
The censorship drew strong criticism against Comedy Central. Critics said the move was a significant public victory for Muslim extremists, and that the network's move would encourage further threats from radical groups."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/201_(South_Park)

Seems to indicate that " they treat Christianity differently."
No?

Actually, unless you have some evidence that their bashing of other religions (such as Judaism and Scientology) have received similar treatment, I'd say it indicates that they treat Islam differently. I disagree with that, I don't think they should treat Islam differently than any other religion, but since Islam and Christianity aren't the only two religions, or the only two religions that have been insulted on South Park and Comedy Central, your proposal that Christianity is treated differently and worse than any other religion is not borne out by this example.

I'm more than happy to admit that Christianity is made fun of much more often in South Park than other religions. However, considering the prevalence of Christianity in this country, that is not unexpected.

And I will reiterate that in a way, the apparent fear of repercussion from other religions is, in a way, a compliment to Christians. It says that those who follow Christianity are less likely to commit extreme acts in response to some foolishness on a tv show.

While the BBC director from your OP mentions other religions such as Judaism or Hinduism, I get the feeling this is really about Islam. I think that is more the issue than Christianity; network execs feeling the need to censor things that are possibly offensive to Muslims that they would not for other religions.

Whatever the case may be, I disagree with it. I don't want shows to be censored based on which religion is insulted. Bash Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, whatever. Bash atheists, too. I don't think there are any topics that should never be made fun of.

Liberals love Christianity when it suits them.

The next time someone comes to you for some liberal collection cause or other, tell them that you are so anti Christian that you totally reject Christian charity. You are refusing to give in order to exercise your religious freedom.

Then watch the fun.

Forum List

Back