Christian parents perform Exorcism on gay son - who then kills self

Gay Teen Kills Self; Parents Performed Exorcism on Him

A gay California teenager killed himself after his Christian parents performed an exorcism on him in an attempt to "cure" him, and when that didn't work they kicked him out of the house.

"'I was raised in an extremist Christian household... My mother knew I was gay and performed an exorcism on me in an attempt to cure me. My anxiety, depression, self-loathing and suicidal thoughts spiked."

------------------------------

What is with these people. They claim they have family values? It even shows up in their politics. I believe they are a danger to this country.

Damn dean....its pretty fucked up of you trying to make political points on a dead kids back.

A gay California teenager killed himself after his Christian parents performed an exorcism on him in an attempt to "cure" him, and when that didn't work they kicked him out of the house.

"'I was raised in an extremist Christian household... My mother knew I was gay and performed an exorcism on me in an attempt to cure me. My anxiety, depression, self-loathing and suicidal thoughts spiked."

What is with these people. They claim they have family values? It even shows up in their politics. I believe they are a danger to this country.

Damn dean....its pretty fucked up of you trying to make political points on a dead kids back.

'back'.........well, maybe.

It is a shame that homosexuality research, as to the causes and treatment have basically vanished. We used to treat this affliction like a mental illness. If we had stayed that course, perhaps we would have had a cure for it by now.

It appears to me that this condition is a result from someting going wrong in the develomental phase of the fetus. Instead of coming out with the propensity to be biologically attracted to the opposite sex, the reverse happens.

Until we fully understand the causes, we cannot treat it.

There also used to be "research" done to try and find out how blacks and jews were inferior, glad those days are behind us, I'm sorry you're not.

He was of age. He was living in his parents' house. If he didn't want to go by his parent's rules, they had every right to kick him out. Agan, being of age, he didn't have to submit to an exorcism. It is not a danger to me if someone else decides to suicide. It is only a danger to the person who is going to suicide. Unless, perhaps, he/she decided to run a plane I'm on into a building. But that would play like a rerun, now wouldn't it.

This kid was raised as a christian (evidently not the moderate type of christian) , he agreed to to the exoticism because he was brainwashed from age zero that if your gay , there is a devil inside you. When you become of age you don't suddenly shake off your parents brainwashing ...
For him to refuse the Extremism made as much scene as for a cancer patient to refuse chemotherapy.

It is not a danger to me if someone else decides to suicide. It is only a danger to the person who is going to suicide.
The danger here is not that the guy committed suicide, the danger here is that religious brainwashing is causing the suicides...

He was of age. He was living in his parents' house. If he didn't want to go by his parent's rules, they had every right to kick him out. Agan, being of age, he didn't have to submit to an exorcism. It is not a danger to me if someone else decides to suicide. It is only a danger to the person who is going to suicide. Unless, perhaps, he/she decided to run a plane I'm on into a building. But that would play like a rerun, now wouldn't it.

This kid was raised as a christian (evidently not the moderate type of christian) , he agreed to to the exoticism because he was brainwashed from age zero that if your gay , there is a devil inside you. When you become of age you don't suddenly shake off your parents brainwashing ...
For him to refuse the Extremism made as much scene as for a cancer patient to refuse chemotherapy.

It is not a danger to me if someone else decides to suicide. It is only a danger to the person who is going to suicide.
The danger here is not that the guy committed suicide, the danger here is that religious brainwashing is causing the suicides...

Well here's a flash. Cancer patients refuse chemotherapy every day. It is their right. Just as it was his right to refuse an exorcism.

Call it what you like, parents have the Constitutional right to raise their children the way they see fit. And those children have the right to shake it off when they are of age. Given the way the schools teach 'gay' these days only a kid who was tied up in a basement for 19 years would not know that.

Last edited:

Well here's a flash. Cancer patients refuse chemotherapy every day. It is their right. Just as it was his right to refuse an exorcism.

Call it what you like, parents have the Constitutional right to raise their children the way they see fit. And those children have the right to shake it off when they are of age. Given the way the schools teach 'gay' these days only a kid who was tied up in a basement for 19 years would not know that.

You misunderstood the chemotherapy metaphor, nobody is denying that this kid had a right to refuse the treatment.
I'm saying that for him this treatment was a ray of hope , why would someone in their right mind would refuse a chance to be saved ? (Without any ill effects)
Who's to say that this boy wasn't home-schooled precisely because of how schools teach 'Gay'?

In summation I'm saying that it would have been extremely hard for this kid to live with himself believing what his parents told him about gay people.

You misunderstood the chemotherapy metaphor, nobody is denying that this kid had a right to refuse the treatment.
I'm saying that for him this treatment was a ray of hope , why would someone in their right mind would refuse a chance to be saved ? (Without any ill effects)
Who's to say that this boy wasn't home-schooled precisely because of how schools teach 'Gay'?

In summation I'm saying that it would have been extremely hard for this kid to live with himself believing what his parents told him about gay people.

Parents get to raise their kids the way they want. If you think he was home schooled, prove it. I have friends who home schooled their kids and their kids aren't fucking stupid. Sorry Freud, it's not all 'mother's' faut.

Parents get to raise their kids the way they want. If you think he was home schooled, prove it. I have friends who home schooled their kids and their kids aren't fucking stupid. Sorry Freud, it's not all 'mother's' faut.

I have read the article, you are right he was not home schooled, he dropped out of school because of the abuse he was exposed to due to his gayness.
Parents get to raise their kids as they see fit ,this is true, but they are responsible to how the kid turns out ,and this kid turned out dead.

really? parents get to do what they want?

i guess all those abuse/neglect laws don't mean anything, eh?

Christian parents perform Exorcism on gay son - who then kills self

Boy! ~ he showed them, huh?

Poor thing. He killed the wrong people.

And you just nailed it. The passive aggressive patient is the one most of us in psychiatry worry the most about. They will suicide in order to teach somebody else a lesson. And they do. All the time. A passive aggressive patient is always considered high risk even if unofficially.

Forum List

Back