Christian Airman Claims He Was Fired by Lesbian Commander for Gay Marriage Stance

This has nothing to do with Phelps except that instead of "God Hates Fags" the military is saying "The Military Hates Christians". That's true. Christians should take that to heart and live it. The military does not want Christians or Jews in the ranks. When found, the military will do everything it can to destroy that Christian and his or her career. It isn't hard to figure out. It's pretty clear. This military has no place for Christians.

Which is a good thing. Christians should NOT be laying down their lives to protect the rights of evil people or the rights of the abnormal to be abnormal to the detriment of everyone else. If anyone is going to die for the rights of abortionists to kill babies, gays to promote an aberrational lifestyle and black racists to kill anyone not of their black race, it should NOT be a Christian.

My dad was a vet and a Lutheran. I am a vet and a Roman Catholic. My son and Godson are currently serving and are Roman Catholic. Personally, I have and/or my son and Godson have served with Christians of every denomination, Catholics, Jews, Sikhs, Mormans, Muslims, Athiests, even Wiccans. I imagine my father did as well.

The military does what the law says for them to do and particularly the Constitution, even though the individual soldier is not guaranteed those rights. I remember once when a Major was being grilled about women when they were first attached to combat units and he stressed that he had no opinion and that it was his jib to follow legal orders.

You actually believe that our military personnel, who takes an oath to protect the Constitution would violate one of the most cherished clauses in the first amendment regarding a citizens right to worship freely.

Ain't gonna happen.

for those 19 yrs his bigoted views were acceptable in the air force. they no longer are. if he can't accept that he deserves to be fired.

You need to read the article dickweed. He accepted the policy. He has the right to disagree. His commander is a bull dyke with a social agenda. This is what we get for using the military for social experiments. She misused her authority. She will get a shitty performance review for using poor judgment and eventually RIFed. That's reduction in force for you non serving America hating types. The sergeant will retire honorably.

Here is another side, and seems more likely...

"Monk supervised a staff sergeant who was openly opposing homosexuality on religious grounds to trainees, violating policy that prohibits officers from using a position of authority to promote personal religious beliefs. He informed his commanding officer, and when she insisted that the sergeant be punished, Monk resisted because he shared the same beliefs and didn’t believe them to be discriminatory. In fact, he asserted that the sergeant did nothing wrong and it should just be a “learning experience.”

In other words, the case is not about his beliefs about marriage or homosexuality, but about his willingness to follow his commander’s instructions and enforce military policy. It doesn’t matter that Monk’s commanding officer was a lesbian or that her opinion on marriage equality differs from his. Furthermore, he wasn’t “fired,” he was simply reassigned, and he even admits that he was due for a reassignment and that his new position is commensurate with his rank and experience. What he is worried about is whether he’ll receive a Meritorious Service Medal he’d been recommended for — before he apparently refused to follow his commander’s orders.

The sergeant who imposed his religious beliefs on trainees is the one who faced repercussions for how he expressed himself, not Monk."

No, This Air Force Sergeant Was Not Fired For Opposing Marriage Equality | ThinkProgress

Seriously, which story sounds more creditable. particularly those who understand how the military operates.

Last edited:
A lot more of this is coming. They've got their foot in the door and are going to shove their agendas up our XXXXXXX!
Senior Master Sgt. Phillip Monk has served in the U.S. Air Force for 19 years with a clean service record. But his new lesbian commander has relieved him of duty and is threatening his career, allegedly because of his Christian beliefs regarding gay marriage. Officials are investigating as Monk appeals his punishment.

Read more @ Christian Airman Claims He Was Fired by Lesbian Commander for Gay Marriage Stance

:mad:

Has anyone found a link to a more balanced story? Maybe it did happen in the way that has been explained; but a Senior Master Sgt. knows better than to....aggravate (for lack of a better word) an officer.

Is Monk a Chaplain Assistant? I was just wondering, because I thought that Chaplains had to be officers. And since you retired from the US Army, you know that EVERY religion has to be represented, by the Chaplains. Or it was that way in 1983, at least.

I think an important question on this would be, what is the commander doing? Going around and asking each of the troops what their stance is on homosexuality and lesbianism, or did some other airman call in that the airman was disparaging homosexuals and lesbians (hearsay). In any case, his personal opinion is none of her business, as long as it doesn't affect his being able to perform his duties.

Some writes that Christian Airman Claims He Was Fired by Lesbian Commander for Gay Marriage Stance , so I wonder if he would have a problem if a Lesbian Airman Claims She Was Fired by Christian Commander for Gay Marriage Stance ?

What do have against Christians?

What do you have against Christians?

What do you have against Lesbians or Christians abused because of their orientation or their religion is the right question.

All service personnel must follow the UCMJ

So those of us who read the rest of the story now know that the whole point of this thead is based ona a lie

Another CHRISTIAN lie, I might add.

I don't you guys...you're giving Christianity a bad name.

What do have against Christians?

What do you have against Lesbians or Christians abused because of their orientation or their religion is the right question.

1. I was asking Jroc what he has against Christians.

2.Let's see...what's the guy's name? Todd Starnes? The same liar who stirred up the stench about the Christmas cards, in...Ohio was it? A man whose face and hands are so pink and puffy, that one might deduct that he's never seen a day of manual labor, in his life. His name has been referenced several time, in this "news" article.

People are so desperate for paychecks, these days; even if that includes lying, or equivocations, posted falsely as actual news.

Last edited:

1. I was asking Jroc what he has against Christians.

2.Let's see...what's the guy's name? Todd Starnes? The same liar who stirred up the stench about the Christmas cards, in...Ohio was it? A man whose face and hands are so pink and puffy, that one might deduct that he's never seen a day of manual labor, in his life. His name has been referenced several time, in this "news" article.

People are so desperate for paychecks, these days; even if that includes lying, or equivocations, posted falsely as actual news.

This is the guy who waved a textbook around on Hannity and said it had nothing about the history of Christianity in it.....and it had SEVERAL chapters pertaining to Christianity....he apparently has never heard about the commandment about thou shalt not bear false witness.

So those of us who read the rest of the story now know that the whole point of this thead is based ona a lie

Another CHRISTIAN lie, I might add.

I don't you guys...you're giving Christianity a bad name.

Every large group has its less than reputable and not so intelligent members. I wouldn't expect Christianity to be any different.

It is usually those small factions that garner the undue attention and are constantly looking for a bone to pick when there is no bone.

So its okay to kick someone out of the military because they are gay, but not okay to kick someone out because they are a homophobic twat?

Was Obama a homophobic twat when he opposed gay marriage, or do you just want to go ahead and acknowledge your rank hypocrisy?

He was wrong. Thankfully he changed his mind.
Your point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "article" is written by the same people representing Monk in court.

Not exactly what I'd consider an unbiased source.

You're free to offer your own sources.

Actually, I think the fact that this story isn't being carried by major news sources is almost a source in itself.

But here...

No, This Air Force Sergeant Was Not Fired For Opposing Marriage Equality | ThinkProgress
The accurately-acronymed TP is asserting facts that are not in evidence.

So its okay to kick someone out of the military because they are gay, but not okay to kick someone out because they are a homophobic twat?

Was Obama a homophobic twat when he opposed gay marriage, or do you just want to go ahead and acknowledge your rank hypocrisy?

Your point?

But was he a homophobic twat when he opposed gay marriage?

Your point?

But was he a homophobic twat when he opposed gay marriage?

Not necessarily. Was he loud and obnoxious about it? Did he call gay people names? Did he try to use the government to force his religious beliefs on his fellow law-abiding, tax-paying citizens?

Forum List

Back