Christian Airman Claims He Was Fired by Lesbian Commander for Gay Marriage Stance

You're free to offer your own sources.

Actually, I think the fact that this story isn't being carried by major news sources is almost a source in itself.

But here...

No, This Air Force Sergeant Was Not Fired For Opposing Marriage Equality | ThinkProgress
The accurately-acronymed TP is asserting facts that are not in evidence.

As does the article in the opening post, so we are left with what is the most likely scenario at this time.

I'm a vet and I fully appreciate the difference between company grade officers and field grade officers such as Major Valenzuela. I am also aware how things unfold. The initial article played on emotion and sensationalism and was pursueing a right wing, homophobic, Christian agenda.

For one thing, no military chaplain, given the new rules, would "preach that homosexuality is a sin", but a dead giveaway as to the inaccuracy and inflammatory bias of the article in the initial post was that the Major "fired" the First Sergeant.

"FIRED". Seriously now...

But you won't change your mind so that's OK.

Last edited:
You're free to offer your own sources.

Actually, I think the fact that this story isn't being carried by major news sources is almost a source in itself.

But here...

No, This Air Force Sergeant Was Not Fired For Opposing Marriage Equality | ThinkProgress

So did the OP.

You're choosing to believe the one you want to believe. After all, if it feels good, it must be true.

Right?

But here...

As does the article in the opening post, so we are left with what is the most likely scenario at this time.

I'm a vet and I fully appreciate the difference between company grade officers and field grade officers such as Major Valenzuela. I am also aware how things unfold. The initial article played on emotion and sensationalism and was pursueing a right wing, homophobic, Christian agenda.

For one thing, no military chaplain, given the new rules, would "preach that homosexuality is a sin", but a dead giveaway as to the inaccuracy and inflammatory bias of the article in the initial post was that the Major "fired" the First Sergeant.

"FIRED". Seriously now...

I'm a veteran, too. An Air Force veteran. So perhaps I have some insight that you lack.

Oh, by the way, in the Air Force, whenever someone is relieved of duties, we call it getting fired.

So perhaps you're not as knowledgeable about this subject as you pretend to be.

But here...

So did the OP.

You're choosing to believe the one you want to believe. After all, if it feels good, it must be true.

Right?
I'm curious: Why did you not also address your post to dreolin? Is he not doing the same thing?

Or are you believing the TP story because it's what you want to believe?

Now it's their turn! Oh yes. I understand that.

It doesn't change the fact that the American military has changed. It is no longer a force for good, but evil. It is being emasculated bit by bit and is now at the point where Christians and Jews are wrong just for joining. If there are going to be American deaths on the battlefield, Christians have an obligation to make sure it isn't them. It's a "gay" military, let them die for it.

There has always been gay people in the military.

Forum List

Back