Chris Rock, Lewis C.K., Ricky Gervais, Jerry Seinfeld

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY

This is stirring up a lot of controversy. Thoughts?

Chris Rock punked out. He was uncomfortable but the other white guy had to be the one to point out that it wasnt funny.

That other white guy is Jerry Seinfeld. Do you not know who he is?!

That video is OLD... in the comments it says it is 8 years old. It is only drawing up controversy now because of the growth of PC culture and how it is trying to invade the world of comedy. Sometimes comedy makes you laugh because it goes beyond your boundaries of comfort. That's why Blazing Saddles worked when it came out... and the same with many of Mel Brooks' movies.

That video is OLD... in the comments it says it is 8 years old. It is only drawing up controversy now because of the growth of PC culture and how it is trying to invade the world of comedy. Sometimes comedy makes you laugh because it goes beyond your boundaries of comfort. That's why Blazing Saddles worked when it came out... and the same with many of Mel Brooks' movies.

Yeah, I agree. I mean they were using the word to generate laughs. Part of the controversy is the PC culture, and I believe part of it is this new gotcha culture, where because everything we do is so documented people are always looking to catch other people saying or doing things that is frowned upon.

Chris Rock punked out. He was uncomfortable but the other white guy had to be the one to point out that it wasnt funny.

I heard the name before. I havent watched him perform.
You ain't missed much...
^^^^^ blasphemy
The show was different than his easy-peasy punkin pie routine.

He’s a generational talent. Probably not as funny as Larry David but put some respek on his name!
Its hard for me to get into white comedians. I actually cant think of any I like except Adam Sandler.

You ain't missed much...
^^^^^ blasphemy

I give Larry David more credit than Seinfeld for the show, but I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Seinfeld live in stand up and he was very funny

You ain't missed much...
^^^^^ blasphemy

I give Larry David more credit than Seinfeld for the show, but I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Seinfeld live in stand up and he was very funny
I've seen George Carlin and he was better. Sorry but topical humor is a cheap laugh..(even though it's always been a mainstay)

Chris Rock is wild like Eddie Murphy before he got all tied up wit da trannies..

Eddie Murphy of the 80’s was a thing of beauty. Both him and Chris Rock don’t have the magic touch like they used to

Forum List

Back