Chris Rock, Lewis C.K., Ricky Gervais, Jerry Seinfeld

Louie CK is basically done. He is a creepy freak, and was outed not long ago for asking women if he could jerk off while they watched. Jerry Seinfeld is a class act. Although he co-wrote Seinfeld with Larry David, Larry is a more of an acquired taste. I thoroughly enjoyed Curb You Enthusiasm, but you had to actively seek it out on cable. He was always pushing the limits, and getting himself in trouble with his political incorrectness. But that is the basis of the show, as we all know people like that. He was playing himself on the show, and the premise was largely that he was insanely wealthy and could live life in his own world. IMO, he is one of the most talented comedic minds ever, but definitely not mainstream. I think Chris Rock had his schtick in his day, and it’s just done now. I hate hearing black comedians use the N word every 3 seconds, and it’s embarrassing and demeaning to see them push that stereotype way too far. It’s not funny, and just daring some people to laugh at them so they can be admonished for doing so. Political correctness has jumped the shark as far as I’m concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That video is OLD... in the comments it says it is 8 years old. It is only drawing up controversy now because of the growth of PC culture and how it is trying to invade the world of comedy. Sometimes comedy makes you laugh because it goes beyond your boundaries of comfort. That's why Blazing Saddles worked when it came out... and the same with many of Mel Brooks' movies.
Great movie that would never be made and distributed widely today. All in the Family wthe same way.

That’s a real shame too. Someday when we’re a little tougher or at least our mediums are a little more independent; there will be shows like that brought back and the audience will think they are being original.

That video is OLD... in the comments it says it is 8 years old. It is only drawing up controversy now because of the growth of PC culture and how it is trying to invade the world of comedy. Sometimes comedy makes you laugh because it goes beyond your boundaries of comfort. That's why Blazing Saddles worked when it came out... and the same with many of Mel Brooks' movies.

Yeah, I agree. I mean they were using the word to generate laughs. Part of the controversy is the PC culture, and I believe part of it is this new gotcha culture, where because everything we do is so documented people are always looking to catch other people saying or doing things that is frowned upon.
And thanks to the internet and the like; anyone with a modem can reach tens of thousands whereas in the past, a phone call to NBC would be fairly anonymous

The PC crowd would demand Mel Brooks be jailed!

:aargh::auiqs.jpg:

PC and comedy do not mix. They're like oil and water, k?

Must be an american thing.

Um Jerry Gervais is British
But he would like to be American.I like Chris Rock on the whole but his conservatism makes me cringe a bit. Dont know what the other two do for a living.

How is Chris Rock a conservative?

He kinda actually is. :dunno:

He's also funny. You know who's not funny? Network Late Night Hosts. Conan used to be ok,,..Carson he is not. All others are all "* Trump..all the time.

I found a channel that broadcasts Carson, fuck 'em all. :funnyface:

May even get to re-see the "Singing in the rain" Fred Astaire one.

It was Epic!

Chris Rock punked out. He was uncomfortable but the other white guy had to be the one to point out that it wasnt funny.

That other white guy is Jerry Seinfeld. Do you not know who he is?!
I heard the name before. I havent watched him perform.
Jesus Christ, have you been living under a rock? You are completely out of touch with society you claim to hate so much. If you dont know Jerry Seinfeld, you cant possibly know much of anything. You need to leave that street corner and get out more.

...they protest violently/so much against the N word--but not blacks MURDERING eight blacks every DAY

Forum List

Back