Chris Hayes issues genuine apology

This obsession about apologies is crazy.

No matter what anyone said about me or my family, I would never look for, ask for, demand or expect an apology.

Apologies are for losers and anybody asking for an apology admits that he is a bigger losers than the alleged offender.

Call me anything you want. Words are just that: Words. I am Old and young enough to recall the nursery rhymes about sticks and stones.

As long it does not do any PHYSICAL harm to me or my family, go ahead, gorge yourself in calling me any and all the lowest epithets you choose. I will wear it as a badge of honor, because I know where it came from.

That is why I never resort to profanities. That is why I never resort to personal attacks. That is why I don't respond somebody with a skin color different from mine who calls me or people with white skin a "CRACKER" with calling him by the word that starts with an "N" and declared to be banned in the name of slavery that ended more than 159 years ago, at the expense of thousands of deaths of "crackers" who did what no black person would do if the situation was ever reversed. So, stop this nonsense about being offended. Stop being a child. Stop apologizing. Stop being afraid to say what you want to say.

I heard over and over again by people of all persuation quote the words (paraphrased): I may disagree with you, but I defend your right to say it.

dear idiot, yes you deserve the invective.

Your a racist.

You highlighted some of my comments, and called me a racist.

Referring to the portion of my post you highlighted, can you name or recall any historical fact when black people died by the thousands in order to liberate white folks?

Once you do that you will be justified to call me an idiot and a racist.

["The fucker" - as you so disrespectfully refer to President Reagan - was strong enough to smash, along with the other two great heroes of the 20th century, Margaret Thatcher and Pope John Paul II, the bloodiest terror state in the history of mankind, the Soviet Union.

Really? That makes Romney quite an imbecile talking about how much of a threat to us Russia is,

NOW.

Doesn't it?

what's the military/ Amercians count of dead under Obama? since you all are so into using them for your political agenda

My political agenda opposed Obama putting more troops into Afghanistan. He's getting us out of Iraq. He's now trying to get us out of Afghanistan.

Romney opposed us even getting out of Iraq. Romney will have us at war in the ME again if he's elected.

THAT'S not what I asked.?
How many DEAD under Obama's leadership? Since you all use the dead for your political AGENDA

I can't believe that dead Americans are that unimportant to you. How do you live with yourself??

jeezus

Black people fought in that very war.

I know you dont like the idea but many of us white people here dont agree with your view of black people.

And yes there are black people who fought in WWI, WWII, Korea and all other wars that involved freeing white people from oppressors.

Fuck off you racist

None of those wars were for the liberation of white folks from the yokes of blacks.

That would be the opposite of what I said and you, stupidly or mistakenly, highlighted in your response.

White people DID realize that slavery was bad. White as white can be President Monroe, long before slavery was officially abolished, even established a country in Africa, you know, LIBERIA, whose capital even to this day is MONROVIA, so that all the slaves can rush back to their ancestral land to escape the horrible whites, free passage, free food and drinks on the way (which really should have convinced patriotic and freedom-loving blacks, reminiscent of present day food stamps) to go to the Promised Land of Africa.

Well, what do you know!?

There was no rush! The number of those blacks who preferred to stay far outnumbered those who wanted to take a chance on a land of no whites and personal responsibility versus everything provided from cradle to grave by white people's money.

Hence, we have a President of dubious, but visible ancestry, who will now and always have the loyalty of the permanently brainwashed.

Black people fought in that very war.

I know you dont like the idea but many of us white people here dont agree with your view of black people.

And yes there are black people who fought in WWI, WWII, Korea and all other wars that involved freeing white people from oppressors.

Fuck off you racist

Like I said in many of my previous posts on this and other threads: Call me anything you like, I wear your epithets as badge of honor, knowing where they came from.

So, you call me a racist, which automatically implies that I am white.

Well, score one for you, I am white.

As a white man I should have been afraid, threatened and intiminated when I worked with Habitat for Humanity on future homes of black folks, whom I met, and thanked me for doing what I was doing and folks who looked past my pale skin color.

Strangely, the same thing happened in Overtown. Or in the hills of Kentucky when I did some volunteer work with Appalachian Service Project.

Even more strangely, none of my fellow volunteers were Democrats. If you or any of your cohorts were there, helping the ones you pretend to champion for were there I must have missed you and I apologize.

["The fucker" - as you so disrespectfully refer to President Reagan - was strong enough to smash, along with the other two great heroes of the 20th century, Margaret Thatcher and Pope John Paul II, the bloodiest terror state in the history of mankind, the Soviet Union.

Really? That makes Romney quite an imbecile talking about how much of a threat to us Russia is,

NOW.

Doesn't it?

Seems like all the geographically and politically challenged people, you equate RUSSIA with Soviet Union.

Your response with the capitalized "NOW" reminds people who are mature enough of the fact that America and the Soviet Union were allies on May 9th when Berlin fell but forget that they were bitter enemies by the end of the year.

If there had been internet then somebody, like you would have posted what you posted today.

Those who don't learn from the mistakes of history are foolish and liable to repeat it.

If my quote is paraphrased, it was just brought up ,to date and made more timely and accurate.

This obsession about apologies is crazy.

No matter what anyone said about me or my family, I would never look for, ask for, demand or expect an apology.

Apologies are for losers and anybody asking for an apology admits that he is a bigger losers than the alleged offender.

Call me anything you want. Words are just that: Words. I am Old and young enough to recall the nursery rhymes about sticks and stones.

As long it does not do any PHYSICAL harm to me or my family, go ahead, gorge yourself in calling me any and all the lowest epithets you choose. I will wear it as a badge of honor, because I know where it came from.

That is why I never resort to profanities. That is why I never resort to personal attacks. That is why I don't respond somebody with a skin color different from mine who calls me or people with white skin a "CRACKER" with calling him by the word that starts with an "N" and declared to be banned in the name of slavery that ended more than 159 years ago, at the expense of thousands of deaths of "crackers" who did what no black person would do if the situation was ever reversed. So, stop this nonsense about being offended. Stop being a child. Stop apologizing. Stop being afraid to say what you want to say.

I heard over and over again by people of all persuation quote the words (paraphrased): I may disagree with you, but I defend your right to say it.

dear idiot, yes you deserve the invective.

Your a racist.

You highlighted some of my comments, and called me a racist.

Referring to the portion of my post you highlighted, can you name or recall any historical fact when black people died by the thousands in order to liberate white folks?

Once you do that you will be justified to call me an idiot and a racist.

Don't listen to her. She calls any Black person that's off the Democrat Plantation an Oreo.

Chris Hayes Apologizes For Saying He Feels 'Uncomfortable' Calling Killed Soldiers 'Heroes' (VIDEO)

The rw war lovers just love to pile on a comment like Hayes made because they're the only ones who are allowed to state their opinions these days.

No one dares to expect or demand an apology from Bush or Cheney or Rove or any of the other liars who got us into that illegal mess. If we didn't know better, you'd think it was Hayes who DIRECTLY caused the deaths of more than 4000 Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, not to mention the TRILLIONS of DOLLARS that the rw now blames President Obama for spending.

The incredibly hypocritical right wingers will rag on this for weeks.

Damn brainless maroons. Show them something shiny and they're off and running.

BTW, most Iraqi vets are victims of the same lies the rest of us believed. And by virtue of having left their lives behind in order to serve a false cause, they are indeed heroes. Nonetheless, Hayes was quite correct.
why are you so angry about this? He screwed up and had the decency to sack up and admit he screwed up.

Isn't this what you guys always want? Someone to apologize?

Actually, he noted he could be wrong when he made the statement:

"But it seems to me that we marshal this word in a way that is problematic. But maybe I'm wrong about that."

He has a point, I see some arm chair warriors, mostly young ones, that love to see the bombs explode, talk of heroes" and enjoy dinner at Olive Garden on Saturday evening. Look at the Coulter creature "......we should invade their countries and convert them to Christianity". Safe in the US, it is easy to be a cheerleader for war.

Last edited:
Funny that 8 years ago, the Right couldn't call John Kerry a hero; nowadays every guy or gal that signs up gets the label.

I can guarantee you that if Barack Obama had been a combat veteran, the Right would have rolled back the looseness of the definition of 'hero' a long time ago.

NOW.

Doesn't it?

Seems like all the geographically and politically challenged people, you equate RUSSIA with Soviet Union.

Russia has maybe 4000 strategic nuclear weapons and maybe 12,000 nukes stockpiled.

You are such a liberal hack, when a liberal douche bag makes an apology it's genuine, but when a conservative does (even when he shouldn't) you already have him charged with murder!

Chris Hayes Apologizes For Saying He Feels 'Uncomfortable' Calling Killed Soldiers 'Heroes' (VIDEO)

The rw war lovers just love to pile on a comment like Hayes made because they're the only ones who are allowed to state their opinions these days.

No one dares to expect or demand an apology from Bush or Cheney or Rove or any of the other liars who got us into that illegal mess. If we didn't know better, you'd think it was Hayes who DIRECTLY caused the deaths of more than 4000 Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, not to mention the TRILLIONS of DOLLARS that the rw now blames President Obama for spending.

The incredibly hypocritical right wingers will rag on this for weeks.

Damn brainless maroons. Show them something shiny and they're off and running.

BTW, most Iraqi vets are victims of the same lies the rest of us believed. And by virtue of having left their lives behind in order to serve a false cause, they are indeed heroes. Nonetheless, Hayes was quite correct.

Funny that 8 years ago, the Right couldn't call John Kerry a hero; nowadays every guy or gal that signs up gets the label.

I can guarantee you that if Barack Obama had been a combat veteran, the Right would have rolled back the looseness of the definition of 'hero' a long time ago.

Yup.....just for Obama.

Obama is a girly-man. A Benny-boy.

He's not a hero.

More from the progressive/liberal ilk...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...or-Chris-Hayes

Tue May 29, 2012 at 08:22 AM PDT
Stand Up For Chris Hayes

by mcgoverngreatpatriotFollow
Share16
permalink 73 Comments

Right now Chris Hayes is receiving a river of shit because in a very heartfelt message, he said that he had trouble thinking of all fallen members of the military as heroes. I have no such trouble - to put it bluntly, dating back to Viet Nam, I have known many who have fallen in wars, and they were anything but heroes. Some that I can think of, came home on leave from Viet Nam bragging about how many innocent women and children they killed. They carried body parts of those they killed as kind of a trophy, made into tobacco pouches, etc. When they returned to Viet Nam, some of these people were killed. They were not heroes.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back