Sorry never heard of the man.

Never heard one of his songs.

Obviously not my genre.

I knew of:

Chuck Berry 1926 - 2017 age 90

Joni Sledge 1956 - 2017 age 60

Al Jarreau 1940 - 2017 age 76

Those are all 2017 deaths to date.

I was never a huge fan. I did like Badmotorfinger though. The one that came after not as much. Saw them in '92 at Lollapalooza. Good times.

Wow. I'm guessing self inflicted, and/or drugs (which is also self inflicted). "Sudden and unexpected". I was not a big fans of 90's music, but two of the bands I could at least listen to their best songs were Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden. Both lead singers are dead now, well before their time.

Chris had been doing alot of solo concerts covering a broad range of songs from different genres in his post Soundgarden years. He had a voice that was recognizable by many.

RIP.

Last edited:
Wow. I'm guessing self inflicted, and/or drugs (which is also self inflicted). "Sudden and unexpected". I was not a big fans of 90's music, but two of the bands I could at least listen to their best songs were Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden. Both lead singers are dead now, well before their time.

Chris had been doing alot of solo concerts covering a broad range of songs from different genres in his post Soundgarden years. He had a voice that was recognizable by many.

RIP.
He has been sober for years. Maybe he finally fell off the wagon. Or a health issue from singing his ass off on tour.

Forum List

Back