Cholesterol..I hate to say "I told you so"..but I did

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"The nation’s top nutrition advisory panel has decided to drop its caution about eating cholesterol-laden food, a move that could undo almost 40 years of government warnings about its consumption."

Now watch the pro-pseudo science whack jobs step up to insist that THIS science is wrong, and the WRONG science is right.

Because it's good to be afraid of food, right? It's healthy to live in quaking fear and analyze every morsel that passes your lips, obsessively.

"The finding follows an evolution of thinking among many nutritionists who now believe that, for healthy adults, eating foods high in cholesterol may not significantly affect the level of cholesterol in the blood or increase the risk of heart disease."

Check out this:

"After Marian Neuhouser, chair of the relevant subcommittee, announced the decision to the panel at the December meeting, one panelist appeared to bridle.
“So we’re not making a [cholesterol] recommendation?” panel member Miriam Nelson, a Tufts University professor, said at the meeting as if trying to absorb the thought. “Okay ... Bummer.”

Bummer? Why is he bummed? Why does he hate cholesterol? Could it be he based a career on terrifying people in re: eating eggs?

Probably.

The U.S. government is poised to withdraw longstanding warnings about cholesterol - The Washington Post

The loons are bummed because Anti-Cholesterol is Anti-Meat. They want us all to be Vegans to Save The Planet, even if doing so is nutritionally unsound.

The loons are bummed because Anti-Cholesterol is Anti-Meat. They want us all to be Vegans to Save The Planet, even if doing so is nutritionally unsound.
And also not good for the planet, lol.

The same idiots think we should harvest our own shit and use it to grow tomatoes and spinach...forgetting that we eat tomatoes and spinach RAW thus increasing the chance of ecoli by about a millionfold.

The obsession with consumption and fecal output is indicative of mental illness, incidentally.

I worked in a jail kitchen for a brief glorious period of my life and the one thing that was obvious...all the sex offenders were obsessed with their own shit (and how often they shit), and required *special diets* because they all thought they were constipated all the time.

Probably because they shoved their socks up their asses to pass the time in solitary.

The government has got about everything wrong on foods (big surprise) but there are good and bad cholesterol counts. Focusing on red meats and eggs missed the boat, they can add to a problem if overdone, but what a lot of people don't know is that carbs, especially the processed stuff adds to the LDLs, the bad stuff that builds up as plaque.

My newest doc (he's originally from India) told me a couple of years ago that I should eat my 2 eggs every morning and not worry about my cholesterol. I told him thanks for the ok, but I WILL eat my eggs regardless of who says what. :lol:

"The nation’s top nutrition advisory panel has decided to drop its caution about eating cholesterol-laden food, a move that could undo almost 40 years of government warnings about its consumption."

Now watch the pro-pseudo science whack jobs step up to insist that THIS science is wrong, and the WRONG science is right.

Because it's good to be afraid of food, right? It's healthy to live in quaking fear and analyze every morsel that passes your lips, obsessively.

"The finding follows an evolution of thinking among many nutritionists who now believe that, for healthy adults, eating foods high in cholesterol may not significantly affect the level of cholesterol in the blood or increase the risk of heart disease."

Check out this:

"After Marian Neuhouser, chair of the relevant subcommittee, announced the decision to the panel at the December meeting, one panelist appeared to bridle.
“So we’re not making a [cholesterol] recommendation?” panel member Miriam Nelson, a Tufts University professor, said at the meeting as if trying to absorb the thought. “Okay ... Bummer.”

Bummer? Why is he bummed? Why does he hate cholesterol? Could it be he based a career on terrifying people in re: eating eggs?

Probably.

The U.S. government is poised to withdraw longstanding warnings about cholesterol - The Washington Post
I have high cholesterol.

One year I ate NO meat, and a bowl of plain oatmeal, no sugar, milk or butter every morning.

At the end of the year, my cholesterol had gone up.

You are going to live only as long as God wills you to live, barring taking the chickenshit way out.

That's just the way it is.

Silly comments above.

Read the report carefully.

It does not advise cooking your daily four eggs with six slices of bacon in butter.

Who fries bacon in butter??? Eww.
I have my 2 scrambled eggs EVERY morning along with my 2 slices of bacon. And I am going to continue to eat it no matter what anyone says.

Don't smoke. Don't drink. Don't have coffee. Don't eat white sugar. Don't eat eggs. Don't eat bacon. Blah blah blah. By the time all that has been done, you wind up dead by getting smashed in a car wreck or something and look what you missed out on!

When its yer time, its yer time.

Here's what I have found out about cholesterol. It basically means nothing unless you know what kind of cholesterol your body creates. Some people make big poofy marshmallow type cholesterol. You could have a cholesterol count of 10,000 and it wouldn't hurt you. On the other hand, if you're like me and your body creates little BB's, then you have a problem.

My cholesterol count has never been over 195. Ever. I was a competitive fencer for most of my life as well as engaging in other physical activities like mountain climbing etc. I almost died from a widow maker thanks to the type of cholesterol my body creates.

Other things I have learned. If you eat more than 700 calories at a single serving, all the excess gets turned into fat. All of it. Far better to have four small meals than one big one. The liver simply can't process any more. There are a host of other little tidbits but eating healthy and exercise are still essential to a long life. I would have died if it weren't for my active lifestyle which built additional blood vessels that kept me alive as my arteries were closing up.

I have my 2 scrambled eggs EVERY morning along with my 2 slices of bacon. And I am going to continue to eat it no matter what anyone says.

Don't smoke. Don't drink. Don't have coffee. Don't eat white sugar. Don't eat eggs. Don't eat bacon. Blah blah blah. By the time all that has been done, you wind up dead by getting smashed in a car wreck or something and look what you missed out on!

It was a silly comment but that's what he does.

There's also a quality of life issue. I've been around people my age and they've about had it physically. Many older folks can barely move, that ain't for me. The number one killer in America is heart disease, and half the time your first warning is your last.

It was a silly comment but that's what he does.

There's also a quality of life issue. I've been around people my age and they've about had it physically. Many older folks can barely move, that ain't for me. The number one killer in America is heart disease, and half the time your first warning is your last.
Says a silly commenter. It is what it is: you guys are in denial.

Forum List

Back