Chitown out of the running

Just a thought here, I wonder how well this one is going to play in the green circles considering the fuel consumption of your Average 747-200, and of course there is the C-17, and of course there is the 757 that took the First Lady to this fiasco as well. One would think at least they could have justified this massive carbon footprint had they at least came in second.
Not to mention the emissions from the Limo's. No less than 4 of those heavily fortified gas guzzlers that are carried by that C-17.
I'd just love to know how much taxpayer money was wasted on this Fiasco of a trip.
This administration is the administration of clowns, and Obama along with his James Brown lookin' wife are the lead Bozos!
Seriously, it's going beyond laughable, to downright ludicrous. And it begs the question, JUST HOW IN THE FUCK DID THIS MORON GET ELECTED?

Last edited:
While the libs will now go into full on spin mode - this Olympics debaucle is just that - a HUGE slap in the face of the Obama White House.

Why the president was sent to fly off to Europe to grovel before the Olympics Committee is an astonishing miscalculation. Obama simply teleprompted his way into ridicule on this one, and no amount of revisionism is going to alter that fact.

The guy from CNN covering the initial vote was priceless as he keeps repeated, "Chicago is OUT? Chicago is OUT?"

Yes, Chicago was pulled on the FIRST VOTE.

Ouch.

Oh - and don't forget Obama made time - 20 minutes to be exact - to do a quick meet and greet with his Afghanistan commander while on the trip. Yet more evidence this White House is jumping all over itself to try and stem the growing tide of dissatisfaction people are having toward their to date, near absolute ineptitude...

You mean even after our President himself shamelessly pimped his hometown? I just can't imagine such disrespect.

:lol:
pretty sure Chicago was trying to get picked before Obama became President. but good try!:clap2::lol:

Pretty sure Barry was in Chicago pimping it for selection before he was president, but good try...:clap::lol:

so you are dogging a senator trying to get the olympics in his home town, something that would generate quite a bit of revenue and create jobs?

Just a thought here, I wonder how well this one is going to play in the green circles considering the fuel consumption of your Average 747-200, and of course there is the C-17, and of course there is the 757 that took the First Lady to this fiasco as well. One would think at least they could have justified this massive carbon footprint had they at least came in second.
Not to mention the emissions from the Limo's. No less than 4 of those heavily fortified gas guzzlers that are carried by that C-17.
I'd just love to know how much taxpayer money was wasted on this Fiasco of a trip.
This administration is the administration of clowns, and Obama along with his James Brown lookin' wife are the lead Bozos!
Seriously, it's going beyond laughable, to downright ludicrous. And it begs the question, JUST HOW IN THE FUCK DID THIS MORON GET ELECTED?

PRESIDENT George W. Bush ordered Americans to curb their addiction to oil last week - while guzzling his way through 4,000 gallons of fuel in ONE DAY. That would take 1,500 Mini Coopers from Land's End to John O'Groats and back.

To make his annual State of the Union address, in which he vowed to cut the nation's fuel consumption, he embarked on a 1,400-mile round trip from the White House to Nashville, Tennessee - using two presidential helicopters, his Air Force One jet, a back-up plane, a military transporter, one of his pounds 5million Cadillac limousines and a huge convoy of back-up and security vehicles.

He managed to rack up a fuel bill of pounds 20,750 as he warned: "America is addicted to oil, which is often imported from unstable parts of the world."
DUBYA GUZZLER | Sunday Mirror Newspaper | Find Articles at BNET

That last one is a question for those that actually voted for the man, which I can proudly say, I'm not one of them. However, I'm just curious where the outcry is now based on his fuel consumption on this trip, after all are we not trying to be energy independant here and create a new green economy?

Fuel burn (planning) 747-200s or 747-300s...
We account for some 1,000 kg (2,200 lbs) for the taxi-out for takeoff...
Assuming a heavy aircraft at 377,000 kg (833,000 lbs) takeoff weight, it will burn some 15,000 kg (33,000 lbs) to initial cruise level FL290 or 310...
First hours of cruise, expect some 13,000 kg (28,000 lbs) FF per hour...
As the plane gets lighter, at the end of cruise, maybe at FL370 or 390, the FF will decrease to under 10,000 kg (21,000 kg) per hour...
Descent, approach, landing, generally burn 3,000 kg (6,000 lbs) total...
Taxi-in will be anywhere from 500 to 1000 kg (1,000 to 2,000 lbs)...
Our company policy is plan landing at destination with 14,000 kg (30,000 lbs) which leaves us enough to proceed to an alternate destination + reserves...
The cost of a fill-up on a 747-200 or 300 varies with fuel prices, but be the capacity of these airplanes is generally 155,000 kg (345,000 lbs) with the 7 tanks configuration, or 165,000 kg (367,000 lbs) with 9 tanks...

The skyrocketing cost of fuel isn’t just hitting U.S. drivers in the pocketbook — it’s blowing a bit of a hole in the Pentagon budget as well.

In a revised request for supplemental war funding for fiscal 2009, submitted May 2, defense officials have asked Congress to appropriate $3.69 billion for all fuels, a $2.2 billion increase over their initial request.

That, of course, looks far ahead and could still prove to be inadequate. According to Pentagon budget documents, the request would support a crude oil price of $97.19 per barrel — and also assumes that the military’s overall fuel costs will drop by 4.8 percent.

Fuel-cost worries extend to Pentagon - Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times

I let you figure out the rest of it, but in general, it would seem this trip was a massive waste of time to say the very least, when perhaps a Video Conference would have been better and then the taxpayer would only be stuck with an AT&T bill for comming in 4th...

pretty sure Chicago was trying to get picked before Obama became President. but good try!:clap2::lol:

Pretty sure Barry was in Chicago pimping it for selection before he was president, but good try...:clap::lol:

so you are dogging a senator trying to get the olympics in his home town, something that would generate quite a bit of revenue and create jobs?

Yes, because getting the olympics would be BAD for Chicago...

You should read what bones an others have already posted about what happens to olympic host cities...

You should also know that with this 0bama fail, many of his cronies will NOT be making big bucks on the deal... That's also GOOD for Chicago...

While the libs will now go into full on spin mode - this Olympics debaucle is just that - a HUGE slap in the face of the Obama White House.

Why the president was sent to fly off to Europe to grovel before the Olympics Committee is an astonishing miscalculation. Obama simply teleprompted his way into ridicule on this one, and no amount of revisionism is going to alter that fact.

The guy from CNN covering the initial vote was priceless as he keeps repeated, "Chicago is OUT? Chicago is OUT?"

Yes, Chicago was pulled on the FIRST VOTE.

Ouch.

Oh - and don't forget Obama made time - 20 minutes to be exact - to do a quick meet and greet with his Afghanistan commander while on the trip. Yet more evidence this White House is jumping all over itself to try and stem the growing tide of dissatisfaction people are having toward their to date, near absolute ineptitude...

Tokyo, who whould probably have had to initialte sleeping standing up in their olympic village, got more votes the first round than Chicago...

"Ouch" is right...

You should read what bones an others have already posted about what happens to olympic host cities...

You should also know that with this 0bama fail, many of his cronies will NOT be making big bucks on the deal... That's also GOOD for Chicago...
my aunt who lives in Salt Lake never complained! So some bad things happen but from what the right has posted on here Chicago isn't doing so well right now. I am pretty sure the thousands of jobs it would have created might have helped them out some.
You guys are actually happy that the Olympics won't be held in the US because the city is where Obama is from. That is sad!

This is yet another end to an Obama "fairy FAIL"

my aunt who lives in Salt Lake never complained! So some bad things happen but from what the right has posted on here Chicago isn't doing so well right now. I am pretty sure the thousands of jobs it would have created might have helped them out some.
You guys are actually happy that the Olympics won't be held in the US because the city is where Obama is from. That is sad!
You are talking about a city with the most corrupt politicians and civic leaders in this country.
Christ, Mayor Daley alone has seen 42, count em 42, in his administration convicted of various corruption charges over the years.
If you think the citizens of that city would have seen one red cent of profits, you are sadly mis-guided.
There's no doubt that the IOC took these facts in consideration of their votes

whatever. You're proving your ignorance with name calling and false claims. You know as well as everyone else here knows that it wasn't EVER about America. It was about Chicago and ALL the people BO owes there.

Don't even try that Anti-American bullshit.

And the right wing pea brains cheering because GM sales down are about Detroit and ALL the people BO owes there.

Just think how happy you pea brains would be if al Qaeda detonated a nuclear bomb in an American city...

You're a chump...show me where ANYONE is cheering about GM sales being down. Unless you mean the numbers SINCE GM became GOVERNMENT MOTORS. The LAST thing I want is a great American made car and the hard workers who make it putting dollars in Obama's coffers.

I wont even address the other stupidity you wrote about nukes landing inside the US. You're just too gone to even try to save. Logic doesn't come anywhere close to you. You're lost in the wilderness of headupyourass.

YOU just did pea brain...

And...I'LL address "the other stupidity you wrote about nukes landing inside the US"

Right wing Anti American SCUM...

February 27, 2009

What is it about conservatives and their attitudes about attacks on U.S. cities?

A few years ago, TV preacher Pat Robertson said he welcomed a nuclear attack on the State Department, telling a national television audience, "Maybe we need a very small nuke thrown off on Foggy Bottom to shake things up." A couple of years later, Bill O'Reilly welcomed a terrorist attack on San Francisco. The Fox News personality told al Qaeda, "You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead."

And yesterday, the Bush administration's former U.N. ambassador, John Bolton, generated wild applause joking about a nuclear attack on Chicago.

"The fact is on foreign policy I don't think President Obama thinks it's a priority," Bolton said. "He said during the campaign he thought Iran was a 'tiny' threat. Tiny, tiny depending on how many nuclear weapons they are ultimately able to deliver on target. It's, uh, it's tiny compared to the Soviet Union, but is the loss of one American city -- pick one at random, Chicago -- is that a tiny threat?"

Jonathan Stein noted, "Bolton wasn't the only one who thought this was funny. The room erupted in laughter and applause.

who do you think is going to work in food service, the hotels, the rental car companies, the bars, plus build all the sites for the Olympics? Of course the people would see revenue from it, it is called a pay check.
We just have a nationals here for figure skating, the first one we held brought in a few million and created many jobs for we built two new ice rinks and a new covention center.

Forum List

Back