Chitown out of the running

What a setback... The IOC rebuffs Barack, Michelle and Oprah totally. Chicago comes out LAST in the running for the summer Olympics. Billions of dollars of potential revenue lost.

What a shame.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9U6URQSF6U]YouTube - Astrud Gilberto ~ The Girl From Ipanema[/ame]

why would any city want the olympics...normally it just brings a shit load of debt...and look at all the olympic villages now..what is being done with them...why would anyone want to visit a city as violent as chicago?

Chicago is not a dangerous city.
Actually, you might want to re-think that asinine statement.
www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Gibbs-Obama-Will-Address-Chicago-Violence-62906977.html
Seriously, living with ones head firmly shoved up ones ass, lends one zero fucking credibilty!

Last edited:
You right wing pea brains are proving that you are not for America or Americans...

whatever. You're proving your ignorance with name calling and false claims. You know as well as everyone else here knows that it wasn't EVER about America. It was about Chicago and ALL the people BO owes there.

Don't even try that Anti-American bullshit.

And the right wing pea brains cheering because GM sales down are about Detroit and ALL the people BO owes there.

Just think how happy you pea brains would be if al Qaeda detonated a nuclear bomb in an American city...

You're a chump...show me where ANYONE is cheering about GM sales being down. Unless you mean the numbers SINCE GM became GOVERNMENT MOTORS. The LAST thing I want is a great American made car and the hard workers who make it putting dollars in Obama's coffers.

I wont even address the other stupidity you wrote about nukes landing inside the US. You're just too gone to even try to save. Logic doesn't come anywhere close to you. You're lost in the wilderness of headupyourass.

people think that the olympics brings in cash...it doesnt has nothing to do with ring wing or left wing...has do to with the bottom line...

Former Host City Has Olympics Hangover - ABC News

Major defeat for the Obamatrons, the boiking was laughed at by the world and shown to have zero influence.

I bet the rock star was surpised he couldn't close the deal. I also bet it was a blow to his ego.

Two things. I am thinking that South America will get this. There has NEVER been one there. So, a First for the Olympics , a First for South America.

As for us, the US, I think that our rep in the world and our influence is all about bush, cheney, rumsfeld, right wing asshole fundy nutjob loonies, torturing people, going everywhere and starting wars, offending everyone, being the biggest racists on the planet, being the biggest bigots on the planet, being the biggest polluters on the planet, being the biggest thieves on the planet, and being the biggest liars on the planet, and that all is something that it will take the Obamas time to repair, but hey, what the hell, white folks have had to have Black folks clean up their messes for a long time now, lol.....

Nope, this is not about Obama, and what has happened here is all about what we have been doing for a long long time, shitting on the rest of the world. This has been a problem long before the Obamas came on the scene, and their egos can handle it. They know what they own and what they don't.

Besides, there is this:

Summer Olympic Games Sites

1896 - Athens, Greece
1900 - Paris, France
1904 - St. Louis, United States
1908 - London, United Kingdom
1912 - Stockholm, Sweden
1920 - Antwerp, Belgium*
1924 - Paris, France
1928 - Amsterdam, Netherlands
1932 - Los Angeles, United States
1936 - Berlin, Germany
1948 - London, United Kingdom*
1952 - Helsinki, Finland
1956 - Melbourne, Australia
1960 - Rome, Italy
1964 - Tokyo, Japan
1968 - Mexico City, Mexico
1972 - Munich, West Germany (now Germany)
1976 - Montreal, Canada
1980 - Moscow, U.S.S.R. (now Russia)
1984 - Los Angeles, United States
1988 - Seoul, South Korea
1992 - Barcelona, Spain
1996 - Atlanta, United States
2000 - Sydney, Australia
2004 - Athens, Greece
2008 - Beijing, China
2012 - London, United Kingdom

So WE have had FOUR, which is more than any other country on the planet.....

Winter Olympic Games Sites

1924 - Chamonix, France
1928 - St. Moritz, Switzerland
1932 - Lake Placid, N.Y., United States
1936 - Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
1948 - St. Moritz, Switzerland*
1952 - Oslo, Norway
1956 - Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy
1960 - Squaw Valley, California, United States
1964 - Innsbruck, Austria
1968 - Grenoble, France
1972 - Sapporo, Japan
1976 - Innsbruck, Austria
1980 - Lake Placid, New York, United States
1984 - Sarajevo, Yugoslavia (now Bosnia and Herzegovina)
1988 - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1992 - Albertville, France**
1994 - Lillehammer, Norway**
1998 - Nagano, Japan
2002 - Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
2006 - Torino (Turin), Italy
2010 - Vancouver, Canada
2014 - Sochi, Russia

So AGAIN, it is about SHARING, and is a world Olympics, not JUST the US. We have certainly had our share of both Winter and Summer Games.

whatever. You're proving your ignorance with name calling and false claims. You know as well as everyone else here knows that it wasn't EVER about America. It was about Chicago and ALL the people BO owes there.

Don't even try that Anti-American bullshit.

And the right wing pea brains cheering because GM sales down are about Detroit and ALL the people BO owes there.

Just think how happy you pea brains would be if al Qaeda detonated a nuclear bomb in an American city...

You're a chump...show me where ANYONE is cheering about GM sales being down. Unless you mean the numbers SINCE GM became GOVERNMENT MOTORS. The LAST thing I want is a great American made car and the hard workers who make it putting dollars in Obama's coffers.

I wont even address the other stupidity you wrote about nukes landing inside the US. You're just too gone to even try to save. Logic doesn't come anywhere close to you. You're lost in the wilderness of headupyourass.
Yup, that pretty much sums it up!

Just a thought here, I wonder how well this one is going to play in the green circles considering the fuel consumption of your Average 747-200, and of course there is the C-17, and of course there is the 757 that took the First Lady to this fiasco as well. One would think at least they could have justified this massive carbon footprint had they at least came in second.

Major defeat for the Obamatrons, the boiking was laughed at by the world and shown to have zero influence.

I bet the rock star was surpised he couldn't close the deal. I also bet it was a blow to his ego.

Two things. I am thinking that South America will get this. There has NEVER been one there. So, a First for the Olympics , a First for South America.

As for us, the US, I think that our rep in the world and our influence is all about bush, cheney, rumsfeld, right wing asshole fundy nutjob loonies, torturing people, going everywhere and starting wars, offending everyone, being the biggest racists on the planet, being the biggest bigots on the planet, being the biggest polluters on the planet, being the biggest thieves on the planet, and being the biggest liars on the planet, and that all is something that it will take the Obamas time to repair, but hey, what the hell, white folks have had to have Black folks clean up their messes for a long time now, lol.....

Nope, this is not about Obama, and what has happened here is all about what we have been doing for a long long time, shitting on the rest of the world. This has been a problem long before the Obamas came on the scene, and their egos can handle it. They know what they own and what they don't.

Besides, there is this:

Summer Olympic Games Sites

1896 - Athens, Greece
1900 - Paris, France
1904 - St. Louis, United States
1908 - London, United Kingdom
1912 - Stockholm, Sweden
1920 - Antwerp, Belgium*
1924 - Paris, France
1928 - Amsterdam, Netherlands
1932 - Los Angeles, United States
1936 - Berlin, Germany
1948 - London, United Kingdom*
1952 - Helsinki, Finland
1956 - Melbourne, Australia
1960 - Rome, Italy
1964 - Tokyo, Japan
1968 - Mexico City, Mexico
1972 - Munich, West Germany (now Germany)
1976 - Montreal, Canada
1980 - Moscow, U.S.S.R. (now Russia)
1984 - Los Angeles, United States
1988 - Seoul, South Korea
1992 - Barcelona, Spain
1996 - Atlanta, United States
2000 - Sydney, Australia
2004 - Athens, Greece
2008 - Beijing, China
2012 - London, United Kingdom

So WE have had FOUR, which is more than any other country on the planet.....

Winter Olympic Games Sites

1924 - Chamonix, France
1928 - St. Moritz, Switzerland
1932 - Lake Placid, N.Y., United States
1936 - Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
1948 - St. Moritz, Switzerland*
1952 - Oslo, Norway
1956 - Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy
1960 - Squaw Valley, California, United States
1964 - Innsbruck, Austria
1968 - Grenoble, France
1972 - Sapporo, Japan
1976 - Innsbruck, Austria
1980 - Lake Placid, New York, United States
1984 - Sarajevo, Yugoslavia (now Bosnia and Herzegovina)
1988 - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1992 - Albertville, France**
1994 - Lillehammer, Norway**
1998 - Nagano, Japan
2002 - Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
2006 - Torino (Turin), Italy
2010 - Vancouver, Canada
2014 - Sochi, Russia

So AGAIN, it is about SHARING, and is a world Olympics, not JUST the US. We have certainly had our share of both Winter and Summer Games.

So. To summarize your post:

BOOOOOSHHH!

Forum List

Back