China Will Immediately Provide 50 JF-17 'Thunder' Aircraft to Pakistan

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Heard about this on Friday and I'm a bit surprised no one else has posted about it.
Again, sorry it's not from MSNBC or Fox News.
Fifty Thunder jets for Pakistan | Newspaper | DAWN.COM
“We will get these planes in weeks,” he said, adding that a formal agreement to that effect was likely to be signed on Thursday.The official said Pakistan and China were already jointly producing the JF-17 aircraft, but these 50 planes would be equipped with more sophisticated avionics. He said the war planes to be fully funded by China would help bolster Pakistan’s defence and add to tactical capability of its air force.
Any of you would be warriors out there who think that the US is just gonna' go in there again and take out Pakistans nukes any time we please better think twice about it because now they know we're coming. I hope President Obama is thinking twice about it too.

Heard about this on Friday and I'm a bit surprised no one else has posted about it.
“We will get these planes in weeks,” he said, adding that a formal agreement to that effect was likely to be signed on Thursday.The official said Pakistan and China were already jointly producing the JF-17 aircraft, but these 50 planes would be equipped with more sophisticated avionics. He said the war planes to be fully funded by China would help bolster Pakistan’s defence and add to tactical capability of its air force.
Any of you would be warriors out there who think that the US is just gonna' go in there again and take out Pakistans nukes any time we please better think twice about it because now they know we're coming. I hope President Obama is thinking twice about it too.

Whatever Obama thinks, the right wing will think the opposite. You can bet on it.

Don't stop there. ;)

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan said on Saturday it wanted China to build it a naval base, in the latest sign of moves to strengthen ties with Beijing as relations with Washington falter.

The announcement from Pakistan’s defence minister came a day after Pakistan’s Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani returned from a four-day visit to China, Islamabad’s biggest arms supplier.

“We would be … grateful to the Chinese government if a naval base is … constructed at the site of Gwadar for Pakistan,” Defence Minister Ahmad Mukhtar said in a statement, referring to a deep-water port in Pakistan’s southwest.

The statement did not say whether Pakistan had asked China to build the base at the port in Baluchistan province.
Islamabad is trying to deepen ties with Beijing as relations with the United States have come under strain following the killing of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in Pakistan this month.

Pakistan wants China to build it a naval base | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Whatever Obama thinks, the right wing will think the opposite. You can bet on it.

Do you even have a clue as to who is actually a threat to your well being. World War 4 could start tomorrow, and you would find a was to spin it so you could blame us RDean.

Don't stop there. ;)
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan said on Saturday it wanted China to build it a naval base, in the latest sign of moves to strengthen ties with Beijing as relations with Washington falter.
Thanks. Another thread already started.

Did you know that Obama didn't want to go into Libya? Sec. Def. Gates didn't want to do it either. You know who talked him into it? Hillary fuckin' Clinton!
The President needs to grow a set or fire the warmonger Hillary.

Who's said anything about taking out their nukes? Bad idea. You miss one, and it's gonna wind up in your front yard.

China can't build a decent jet engine. The -17s are flying Russian engines. I wouldn't consider the PAF much of a threat anyway.

Who's said anything about taking out their nukes? Bad idea. You miss one, and it's gonna wind up in your front yard.

China can't build a decent jet engine. The -17s are flying Russian engines. I wouldn't consider the PAF much of a threat anyway.
NationalJournal.com - Fear That U.S. Can Grab Nuclear Arsenal Heightens Pakistani Anger - Monday, May 9, 2011
Last week’s U.S. raid into Pakistan is fueling one of the country’s most enduring—and potentially dangerous—conspiracy theories: that the U.S. has designs on Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal and is prepared to send highly trained commandos into the country to seize control of the weapons.
Kayani’s statement also made explicit reference to his country’s nuclear arsenal, which he promised to fully defend against any potential American-led efforts to take control of the weapons.
“As regards the possibility of similar hostile action against our strategic assets, the [Pakistani military] reaffirmed that, unlike an undefended civilian compound, our strategic assets are well protected and an elaborate defensive mechanism is in place,” Kayani said in a statement put out by the military’s official press office.
This is why I'm bringing it up and that's why I'm saying it wouldn't be a cakewalk.

NationalJournal.com - Fear That U.S. Can Grab Nuclear Arsenal Heightens Pakistani Anger - Monday, May 9, 2011
Last week’s U.S. raid into Pakistan is fueling one of the country’s most enduring—and potentially dangerous—conspiracy theories: that the U.S. has designs on Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal and is prepared to send highly trained commandos into the country to seize control of the weapons.
Kayani’s statement also made explicit reference to his country’s nuclear arsenal, which he promised to fully defend against any potential American-led efforts to take control of the weapons.
“As regards the possibility of similar hostile action against our strategic assets, the [Pakistani military] reaffirmed that, unlike an undefended civilian compound, our strategic assets are well protected and an elaborate defensive mechanism is in place,” Kayani said in a statement put out by the military’s official press office.
This is why I'm bringing it up and that's why I'm saying it wouldn't be a cakewalk.

Ahhh. I thought you meant an American had said it.

No, it wouldn't be a cakewalk, and like I said, it'd be a bad idea.

Forum List

Back