China quietly cuts off the cash flow to North Korea

"Already famous throughout Europe, this international bestseller plumbs recently opened archives in the former Soviet bloc to reveal the actual, practical accomplishments of Communism around the world: terror, torture, famine, mass deportations, and massacres. Astonishing in the sheer detail it amasses, the book is the first comprehensive attempt to catalogue and analyze the crimes of Communism over seventy years.

“Revolutions, like trees, must be judged by their fruit,” Ignazio Silone wrote, and this is the standard the authors apply to the Communist experience—in the China of “the Great Helmsman,” Kim Il Sung’s Korea, Vietnam under “Uncle Ho” and Cuba under Castro, Ethiopia under Mengistu, Angola under Neto, and Afghanistan under Najibullah. The authors, all distinguished scholars based in Europe, document Communist crimes against humanity, but also crimes against national and universal culture, from Stalin’s destruction of hundreds of churches in Moscow to Ceausescu’s leveling of the historic heart of Bucharest to the widescale devastation visited on Chinese culture by Mao’s Red Guards.

As the death toll mounts—as many as 25 million in the former Soviet Union, 65 million in China, 1.7 million in Cambodia, and on and on—the authors systematically show how and why, wherever the millenarian ideology of Communism was established, it quickly led to crime, terror, and repression. An extraordinary accounting, this book amply documents the unparalleled position and significance of Communism in the hierarchy of violence that is the history of the twentieth century."
The Black Book of Communism — Stéphane Courtois, Nicolas Werth, Jean-Louis Panné, Andrzej Paczkowski, Karel Bartošek, Jean-Louis Margolin, Dr. Mark Kramer | Harvard University Press

Smarter?

I'm content to allow readers to make that judgement.

And....with each of your posts, the evidence mounts: you're the latest of the genre.....the fool.

Seems that with metronomic regularity, some dunce joins the board with with aim of championing some clearly stupid point or ideology .

You're the latest volunteer for the position.

China's economy has shown worst growth in the last 25 years. Just like the sudden rise of the Japanese economy in the 1980s the Chinese economy has hit the wall, which puts all of China's grand ideas of expansion and world dominating power on the back burner, again.

And what a great moment it would be to see a military coup or civil war in North Korea. That country needs a good bloodletting.

Kl
China's economy has shown worst growth in the last 25 years. Just like the sudden rise of the Japanese economy in the 1980s the Chinese economy has hit the wall, which puts all of China's grand ideas of expansion and world dominating power on the back burner, again.

A stable middle class is emerging in China. The economy has to mature beyond cheap labor.

hope you smart enough to click on the link - The Black Book of Communism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - will you?

Seems that with metronomic regularity, some dunce joins the board with with aim of championing some clearly stupid point or ideology .

don't you even try to hide behind cheap rhetorics.

I've read the vapid 'criticism'....the best you can do.

But I've read the scholarly, documented tome
"The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression,"
by Jean-Louis Panné (Author), Andrzej Paczkowski (Author), Karel Bartosek (Author), Jean-Louis Margolin (Author), Nicolas Werth (Author), Stéphane Courtois (Author), & 2 more

as well as

"Koba the Dread: Laughter and the Twenty Million,"
by Martin Amis

among others.

You remain exactly as I characterized you...a dunce slithering in with with aim of championing some clearly stupid point or ideology .

And what a great moment it would be to see a military coup or civil war in North Korea. That country needs a good bloodletting.

Did you vote for Obama?

Please explain why Obama endorses the payment of 20% of North Korea's GDP by Iran?

Does that sound like Obama favors any change in North Korea's leadership?

After that, have him prove that water is wet and Stalin slaughtered millions.

the former needs not be proven since everyone can try water right now.
and the latter has yet to be proven, of course.

Just a guess...but are you a government school grad???

no, i am not.

I am amazed that any human being capable of using a keyboard and posting messages here could be so ignorant and brain dead.

After that, have him prove that water is wet and Stalin slaughtered millions.

the former needs not be proven since everyone can try water right now.
and the latter has yet to be proven, of course.

Just a guess...but are you a government school grad???

no, i am not.

I am amazed that any human being capable of using a keyboard and posting messages here could be so ignorant and brain dead.

Perhaps it's a cry for help.

North Korea's gulag camps: a horror "without any parallel in the contemporary world"
462150311.0.jpg

So this is what evil looks like.

Will Someone Please Just Kill Kim Jong Un Already?

In 1968, a retaliatory assassination attempt on Un’s grandfather by South Korea was cancelled. South Korea had hired petty criminals to assassinate il Sung, training them on an island called Silmido, and calling them Unit 684. When they heard the attack was scrapped, the commandos suddenly found themselves exiled to the island, unable to leave. They revolted, and after hijacking a bus to make a daring escape, the men committed suicide with grenades. The story of Unit 684 was chronicled in another film “Silmido.”

Didn't write it...........just promoting it............1,000's of articles on North Korea..........google is your friend.....unless you live in North Korea.........................

How do you like the second post.........hmm...........It just says simply take Kim out.......and I'm not talking about dinner..........

giphy.gif

Forum List

Back