Chiefs vs Pats - Oh, boy!

Cool, not too far away.

I've decided to stay in for the game. Near blizzard winds and the temps made my decision for me. Gonna have my family here and cook a 4lb meatloaf along with tons of ballgame snacks and beer.

Go Chiefs!
I am not unhappy with the weather. I bought an ice shanty this year and have had no use for it yet. Hopefully it will stay cold enough for me to use it. As far as the super bowl goes Iam sick of watching New England. That being said it is the only real football left so I will watch. Then I stop watching sports for a month till march madness. Only 52 days till the walleye run and my boat is back on water. At that point sports come to me on the radio until football starts back in late august.
How Anti America. New England is just doing it better than the other LOSER teams going 9 times and winning

And note the 4 letter word "MOST"

View attachment 241288

Tom Brady and NE are the GOAT winners.
I do not think it is anti american to want to see some compitition. I am tired of Alabama CLemson also. Get some fucking parity going, other wise it will become pretty boring. There will become a time when these sports pay a price for such dominance by select teams and viewership will suffer.
Think in college the best teams recruit the best players Other teams have a chance to scout and get good players too How can you get parity in college ball ?

Cool, not too far away.

I've decided to stay in for the game. Near blizzard winds and the temps made my decision for me. Gonna have my family here and cook a 4lb meatloaf along with tons of ballgame snacks and beer.

Go Chiefs!
I am not unhappy with the weather. I bought an ice shanty this year and have had no use for it yet. Hopefully it will stay cold enough for me to use it. As far as the super bowl goes Iam sick of watching New England. That being said it is the only real football left so I will watch. Then I stop watching sports for a month till march madness. Only 52 days till the walleye run and my boat is back on water. At that point sports come to me on the radio until football starts back in late august.
How Anti America. New England is just doing it better than the other LOSER teams going 9 times and winning

View attachment 241288

I do not think it is anti american to want to see some compitition. I am tired of Alabama CLemson also. Get some fucking parity going, other wise it will become pretty boring. There will become a time when these sports pay a price for such dominance by select teams and viewership will suffer.
I don't see the NFL stacking the games for a few teams to win all the time. It makes no business sense.
But I do see College football is stacked to keep some teams in line. College football is a fraud. They need to pay the players. And Tebow was a great FLOP!

13 Biggest Heisman Trophy Busts of All Time

Cool, not too far away.

Go Chiefs!

View attachment 241288

Think in college the best teams recruit the best players Other teams have a chance to scout and get good players too How can you get parity in college ball ?

They run under the table scams to get players.

Cool, not too far away.

Go Chiefs!

View attachment 241288

OK there are payoffs BUT there are 1000's of high schools to get the best players from Ala and clemson can't get them all

Cool, not too far away.

Go Chiefs!

View attachment 241288

I don't see the NFL stacking the games for a few teams to win all the time. It makes no business sense.
But I do see College football is stacked to keep some teams in line. College football is a fraud. They need to pay the players. And Tebow was a great FLOP!
I am not saying NFL is rigged but there has to be some flaw in the power structure to have this type of dominance. What does it say about the rest of the teams? Is it a a ref bias? Is it that the other teams are just this poorly ran? What ever it is it will hurt the leage at some point.

Cool, not too far away.

Go Chiefs!

View attachment 241288

Jim Harbaugh just beat Nick Saban on signing day for top safety Dax Hill, and that’s a big deal

How the hell does Ohio State do it?

Cool, not too far away.

Go Chiefs!

View attachment 241288

Jim Harbaugh just beat Nick Saban on signing day for top safety Dax Hill, and that’s a big deal

They have done well but not Alabama Clemson well. We have been lucky to get one national championship per coach and have been left out the dance more than any other one loss team. I seem to remember some shalackings we took in some of those bowls also. Alabama Clemson have taken things to a new level of doninance. They are not justing getting there but also putting it to their compitition when they get there.

Cool, not too far away.

Go Chiefs!

View attachment 241288

Is Harbaugh relevent until he beats OSU?

View attachment 241288

OK there are payoffs BUT there are 1000's of high schools to get the best players from Ala and clemson can't get them all
It's well known what college pays the most under the table. Why would the better players go elsewhere?

View attachment 241288

They have done well but not Alabama Clemson well. We have been lucky to get one national championship per coach and have been left out the dance more than any other one loss team. I seem to remember some shalackings we took in some of those bowls also. Alabama Clemson have taken things to a new level of doninance. They are not justing getting there but also putting it to their compitition when they get there.
could it be superior coaching?

Cool, not too far away.

Go Chiefs!

View attachment 241288

I am not saying NFL is rigged but there has to be some flaw in the power structure to have this type of dominance. What does it say about the rest of the teams? Is it a a ref bias? Is it that the other teams are just this poorly ran? What ever it is it will hurt the leage at some point.
NE does not get its best players from the draft. They find them as rejects by other teams etc..

View attachment 241288

It's well known what college pays the most under the table. Why would the better players go elsewhere?
My point was how many of the better players can clemson and Ala get ? There are 100's of others too

View attachment 241288

We have not been seeing any big name players running around in Hummers around Columbus since Meyer came to town and he had a really good winning percentage. We use to see that shit all the time, big players in expensive cars but not in since Clarrett has it been talked about. There was talk about Troy Smith in dealership cars though but not since Meyer came to town have I even heard rumor.

And to make this game even better, a shitload of more snow expected.
Kickoff temp - 0 -10 degrees.
Yeah, baby!
Congrats on your Chiefs!
We lost. It's been 50 years. We're no better than the 29 other teams that didn't get to the Superbowl.

Do you mean the LOSERS?

30 NFL teams are

giphy.gif

View attachment 241288

could it be superior coaching?
That is certainly part of it but not all. I think part of it is the microwave mentality of giving a coach three years to turn around some realy bad franchises keeps alot of team perpetually bad is another part of it. Some problems can not be solved in three years. This still does not explain that only Pitsburge has had a chance of stopping the Pats from the super bowl for a long time and not frequent enough. I do think the pats get some extra calls but not liekyl on purpose there becomes a point when such long term success creates biases in people with out it being intentional at all. Just as Maddox in the nineties got calls no one else got because he was so acurate that saying strike became a habit. There is still some other unknown factors needed to explain this success.

View attachment 241288

NE does not get its best players from the draft. They find them as rejects by other teams etc..
Don't tell that to Patrick Mahomes.

View attachment 241288

Don't tell that to Patrick Mahomes.

Patrick Mahomes will not make it this far again for a long time, if even that. Patrick a one time show. Like all the other hot QB's that faded below him.

Forum List

Back