ChickenYahoo

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Israelis shrug at Netanyahu's urgent warnings on Iran - Yahoo! News

Even as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu presses the US for “red lines” on Iran’s nuclear development and Iran ramps up its rhetoric, Israelis don’t seem to be expecting a war with Iran anytime soon – and are not frantically preparing for one.

Yes, Iran is a dangerous regime, most say. But even as some get new gas masks and repair their bomb shelters, more than half say they think Mr. Netanyahu's statements about launching an Israeli strike on Iran are a bluff intended to pressure the US to do the job instead.

Even as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu presses the US for “red lines” on Iran’s nuclear development and Iran ramps up its rhetoric, Israelis don’t seem to be expecting a war with Iran anytime soon – and are not frantically preparing for one.

Yes, Iran is a dangerous regime, most say. But even as some get new gas masks and repair their bomb shelters, more than half say they think Mr. Netanyahu's statements about launching an Israeli strike on Iran are a bluff intended to pressure the US to do the job instead.
The question is, what's going on behind closed doors? Secrecy and subterfuge is exciting to read about after the fact.

The question is, what's going on behind closed doors? Secrecy and subterfuge is exciting to read about after the fact.

I'm sure that AIPAC has its hands around the President's cahunas squeezing silent promises...Heck, who woundn't want somebody else to fight your wars? We have endured 9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, what's one more...its Americans dying for the Israeli cause.

Money influence by PACs that have a foreign power's interests are un-American in my view...

peeballs------you should try not to make it so obvious that you are a shill for the islamo nazi cause

peeballs------you should try not to make it so obvious that you are a shill for the islamo nazi cause

Oh Rose, isn't obvious that his-own people know the AIPAC Plan..."We Control'" is not an empty boast. As for Iran, go get'em Israel, do the ME a favor and help the Sunnis become the Power brokers and maybe a permanent peace!

I support that...but ChickenYahoo is not a recipe...its Israeli Policy.

I'm sure that AIPAC has its hands around the President's cahunas squeezing silent promises...Heck, who woundn't want somebody else to fight your wars? We have endured 9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, what's one more...its Americans dying for the Israeli cause.

Money influence by PACs that have a foreign power's interests are un-American in my view...
Pbel is back to AIPAC once again. Meanwhile, how is he sure that the Saudis are not pressuring Obama since they would have a lot to lose (as well as the Emirates) if iran shot off a nuclear weapon. It's always the Jews, right Pbel? Our soldiers are always dying for the Jews. Perhaps Pbel should stand by at some base where some of our military is returning from Afghanistan and ask them if they were in Afghanistan because of Israel.

Oh Rose, isn't obvious that his-own people know the AIPAC Plan..."We Control'" is not an empty boast. As for Iran, go get'em Israel, do the ME a favor and help the Sunnis become the Power brokers and maybe a permanent peace!

Isn't it ridiculous for Pbel to constantly refer to that fake quote? There are so many lobbies here in America, but her closes his eyes to that. Meanwhile, he does his best to incite anyone reading this board (as well as he did another board) to be against the Jews. Phillip, do you by chance have some Arab blood in you that you act like such a Dhimwit? We know that there were Arabs in Sicily at one time, and perhaps one of your ancestors was one.

Isn't it ridiculous for Pbel to constantly refer to that fake quote? There are so many lobbies here in America, but her closes his eyes to that. Meanwhile, he does his best to incite anyone reading this board (as well as he did another board) to be against the Jews. Phillip, do you by chance have some Arab blood in you that you act like such a Dhimwit? We know that there were Arabs in Sicily at one time, and perhaps one of your ancestors was one.

The Marinos in my family tree were Sephardic Jews who converted to Christianity when Spain ruled Sicily in 1492...

It has nothing to do with the Jews...Go ahead and attack...just leave America out of it...I'm tired of protecting Oil Routes for the Saudis, Europeans and every one else...The USA only Imports 18% from the ME, we'll manage.

The Marinos in my family tree were Sephardic Jews who converted to Christianity when Spain ruled Sicily in 1492...

It has nothing to do with the Jews...Go ahead and attack...just leave America out of it...I'm tired of protecting Oil Routes for the Saudis, Europeans and every one else...The USA only Imports 18% from the ME, we'll manage.
I guess Phillip really knows for sure that he doesn't have any Arab genes from one ancestor or two without having a DNA test even though there were plenty of Arabs in Sicily at one time. It certainly looks like Phillp doesn't want to go to any base and ask the returning military from Afghanistan if they were over there for Israel.

I guess Phillip really knows for sure that he doesn't have any Arab genes from one ancestor or two without having a DNA test even though there were plenty of Arabs in Sicily at one time. It certainly looks like Phillp doesn't want to go to any base and ask the returning military from Afghanistan if they were over there for Israel.

Why is it that you favor an American attack on Iran? How would it benefit America...an attack will surely close the oil routes...RU an Israeli?

Why is it that you favor an American attack on Iran? How would it benefit America...an attack will surely close the oil routes...RU an Israeli?
An uprisng in Iran would be better than attacks by bombing. With outside support of course.That's the best way for a people to win their freedom. This is my opinion.

Netanyahu has a tough row to hoe if he is going to try to get strong popular support for an Israeli attack without a US green light, especially with the likelihood of early elections, but Eshkol had the same problem in 1967 with the US strongly opposing the attack and Dean Rusk even arguing the US should back Egypt. That's why Eshkol pulled Dayan, a popular military hero, out of retirement to become Defense Minister in order to rally support and Israel attacked without a US green light.

Begin faced the same problem in 1981, no popular support for an attack on Iraq's Osirak reactor, the US adamantly opposed to the attack and politicians like Peres predicting doom for Israel if it went ahead. Begin got the support of his security cabinet, launched the attack and successfully weathered the storm of protests that followed it.

The Israeli people have always been reluctant to go to war, but they have always risen to the occasion when they needed to, and I am confident they will this time, too.

An uprisng in Iran would be better than attacks by bombing. With outside support of course.That's the best way for a people to win their freedom. This is my opinion.

That would be the best thing for the Iranian people, but I'm not sure it would solve the problem of Iran acquiring nuclear weapons.

That would be the best thing for the Iranian people, but I'm not sure it would solve the problem of Iran acquiring nuclear weapons.
Well then, the IAF can always use a little target practice with 6 ton bunker busters.

'ol Hoss: Well then, the IAF can always use a little target practice with 6 ton bunker busters.

bunker busters can not do the job...maybe commando raids might.

Pbel is back to AIPAC once again. Meanwhile, how is he sure that the Saudis are not pressuring Obama since they would have a lot to lose (as well as the Emirates) if iran shot off a nuclear weapon. It's always the Jews, right Pbel? Our soldiers are always dying for the Jews. Perhaps Pbel should stand by at some base where some of our military is returning from Afghanistan and ask them if they were in Afghanistan because of Israel.

Sometimes your Right Wing American Zionist positions are astounding. How can you possibly deny that our unconditional support of the Israeli Military Machine has no connection to 9/11 and what Followed?

Osama himself declared on a video that he got the idea of planes and towers from the Israeli invasion of Lebanon....

Stop deluding yourself Hoss. If you love America more than you love Israel; deal with the truth.

Sometimes your Right Wing American Zionist positions are astounding. How can you possibly deny that our unconditional support of the Israeli Military Machine has no connection to 9/11 and what Followed?

Osama himself declared on a video that he got the idea of planes and towers from the Israeli invasion of Lebanon....

Stop deluding yourself Hoss. If you love America more than you love Israel; deal with the truth.
Did you forget that Osama first said 9/11 was for the fact that we were on his sacred soil of Saudi Arabia. He threw in Israel later on. For all we know, one of his henchmen told him that he should throw in Israel too. Meanwhile, I guess this means you will not be going to any military base to ask the men who are returning from Afghanistan if they were there to fight a war for Israel. When they say no, you can argue with them all you want because I realize you want to blame israel, and you are not fooling anyone

Benjamin Netanyahu, September 12, 2002, at a US Congressional hearing: "t is simply not reflecting the reality to assume that Saddam isn’t feverishly working to develop nuclear weapons, as we speak."

Benjamin Netanyahu, April 18, 2012, on a US TV show: "Today, the regime in Iran openly... More

Benjamin Netanyahu, September 12, 2002, at a US Congressional hearing: "t is simply not reflecting the reality to assume that Saddam isn’t feverishly working to develop nuclear weapons, as we speak."

Benjamin Netanyahu, April 18, 2012, on a US TV show: "Today, the regime in Iran openly calls and determinedly works for our destruction. And it is feverishly working to develop atomic weapons to achieve that goal."

He won't do a anything

Forum List

Back