Chicago style thug politics in the auto industry ?

Timeline: Major global auto recalls | Reuters

I don't recall federal comment on most of these other recalls.

The left are actually becoming ridiculous with their attitude towards business. I wonder how many of our leftie forum members refuse to support business? I suspect most of them drive a car, eat in restaurants, buy food, clothes, shoes, and pretty much do business with a business every damned day of their lives, and yet these businesses are all evil incarnate.

Fucking idiots.

First this dickless wonder says stop driving your Toyota's, now they're still gonna hold their feet to the fire ? These are the owners of GM and Chrysler, slight conflict of interest there .......

I sure as fuck trust driving a Toyota more than i trust Obama's policies and budget .....:lol:

WASHINGTON - The Obama administration stepped up the pressure on Toyota Motor Corp on Wednesday to address a range of safety issues as investors and consumers reacted to the deepening crisis for the world's largest automaker.

"Our ... people will hold Toyota's feet to the fire to make sure they are going to do everything they said they were going to do to make the vehicles safe," Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said at an appearance in Washington.

LaHood said he would take the unusual step of calling Toyota President Akio Toyoda to emphasize how seriously the Obama administration is taking investigations into reports of uncontrolled acceleration in Toyota vehicles.

Obama officials step up pressure on Toyota - Autos- msnbc.com

Umm, there is a legitimate flaw in a part, nothing more, nothing less, and the gov't should make sure they fix the problems and americans are safe.

thanks for another laugher of a thread, brainless wonder.

The first five postings are so very typical of the radical right. It's ALL about Big Bad Obama, and not the fact that Toyota screwed up big time. Somebody in quality control at Toyota is responsible for this, perhaps to cut corners and thus keep its profits high.

And your post is typical of the left..... assume the business risked lives for profit.

Umm, history would say that is indeed the case many times. or do you just ignore that?

funny, claim you are not a hack, then post "typical of the left" how much more hackish can you get?

The first five postings are so very typical of the radical right. It's ALL about Big Bad Obama, and not the fact that Toyota screwed up big time. Somebody in quality control at Toyota is responsible for this, perhaps to cut corners and thus keep its profits high.

Toyota were already recalling and fixing the problem. This is a PR stunt. See it for what it is.

Like I said earlier.....

The manufacturer with a reputation of being the safest for years needed Obama to say something so they will do the right thing?

It was a PR move...no doubt....and one I would have used if I were in his shoes......but a PR stunt non the less.

Wow, first time following american politics where this is what the president does? Public relations, makes public statments, and has staff dedicated to media matters.

the petty nonsense continues :lol:

As soon as this "crisis" hit full steam and King Obama started his sermons via underlings I immediately went and bought a Camry Wednesday.
And get this: NOT all Camrys were even affected as there are 2 different assemblies, 1 that is perfectly OK. NO J series VIN vehicle is affected at all.
The fact that Americans are dumbasses made my total walk out price $19K even, $1200 less than the same vehicle 2 1/2 months ago.
News flash for the uninformed: Majority of Toyota models are UNAFFECTED with this.
And the only ones that are this is the deal: ONLY WITH EXTREME WEAR is there a chance of about 1 in 500,000 of anything happening.
Toyota is the best product on the market.

As soon as this "crisis" hit full steam and King Obama started his sermons via underlings I immediately went and bought a Camry Wednesday.
And get this: NOT all Camrys were even affected as there are 2 different assemblies, 1 that is perfectly OK. NO J series VIN vehicle is affected at all.
The fact that Americans are dumbasses made my total walk out price $19K even, $1200 less than the same vehicle 2 1/2 months ago.
News flash for the uninformed: Majority of Toyota models are UNAFFECTED with this.
And the only ones that are this is the deal: ONLY WITH EXTREME WEAR is there a chance of about 1 in 500,000 of anything happening.

Liberals are not very smart, they just regurgitate what they are told to think and pretend it is their own original thought. Therefore, Toyota are evil - because they make profits and profits are bad.

It would be funny if the Toyota guy refused to take Barry's call.

Gotta say, if I was Chairman of Toyota, I'd issue the following statement... "Mr Obama, on the day that you prove you can run a fucking country, I'll take your advice on how to run a company. Until then, shut the fuck up and mind your own business".

Liberals are not very smart, they just regurgitate what they are told to think and pretend it is their own original thought. Therefore, Toyota are evil - because they make profits and profits are bad.

You have a really warped sense of what "smart" is if you think this thread, and this post is "smart". :lol:

Gotta say, if I was Chairman of Toyota, I'd issue the following statement... "Mr Obama, on the day that you prove you can run a fucking country, I'll take your advice on how to run a company. Until then, shut the fuck up and mind your own business".

Wow, you are so smart, genius actually :cuckoo:

The left are actually becoming ridiculous with their attitude towards business. I wonder how many of our leftie forum members refuse to support business? I suspect most of them drive a car, eat in restaurants, buy food, clothes, shoes, and pretty much do business with a business every damned day of their lives, and yet these businesses are all evil incarnate.

Fucking idiots.

That's a little extreme. Correction, it's downright stupid.

And your post is typical of the left..... assume the business risked lives for profit.

Now gee, why would the thought even enter my mind? Could it be because GREED has been the name of the game for the last decade?

I see your point...

But it was only a very smnall percentage of companies that allowed greed to get in the way of ethics.
Most businesses in the US work at a very high level of ethics.

Toyota has en exemplory record....yet you gave them the stigma regardless.

Based on that theory...all Football fans are animals due to the few that toss beer on the folks below.

I do not agree with guilty by association. Ones record is what I judge.

Okay, then, it's just sloppy workmanshp or insufficient quality control. But every year, over 100,000,000 potentially dangerous items are recalled in the US alone. Yet, as many as 90% of recalled-product owners are unaware of the recalls, leaving close to one-billion recalled products in homes, offices, schools and childcare facilities.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/thrift/thrguid.pdf

Yeah, you would. That's why you're on the fringe, on the outside looking in and that's where you'll stay, and that's why Messrs. Obama and Toyoda are where THEY are looking down at thuglies like you. They have class, and you don't. I'm sure any conversation between the two would be respectful and professional.

Wow, you are so smart, genius actually :cuckoo:

SmartASS is more like it. She used to be a rather likeable opponent, but I see CG is now throughly brainwashed by the more rabid righties. She got bitten real good.

hurrr1.jpg

if the recall was GM, i bet you 1 billion dollars obama's admin would come out and proclaim that the cars are still safe, just a minor, easy fix problem

if the recall was GM, i bet you 1 billion dollars obama's admin would come out and proclaim that the cars are still safe, just a minor, easy fix problem

You know what this is called?

A logical fallacy - in fact probably the most overused one out there. There really is no way of knowing what would happen IF this and that were true. Failure argument.

Fucking idiots.

As always, the point flies so far over your head, it may as well be the space station.

Yeah, you would. That's why you're on the fringe, on the outside looking in and that's where you'll stay, and that's why Messrs. Obama and Toyoda are where THEY are looking down at thuglies like you. They have class, and you don't. I'm sure any conversation between the two would be respectful and professional.

It's Toyota, not Toyoda. My point, as usual is a tad to hard for the koolaiders to grasp. But, just for you:

1. Toyota started recalling vehicles long before Obama decided to 'step in'. Obama's statement was stupid and unnecessary.

2. Just because I disagree with you does not make me 'fringe', it makes you an idiot and me someone who actually sees fact instead of the mindless drivel you are fed through the idiot media.

If I was the Chairman of Toyota, I wouldn't even take Obama's call.

Fucking idiots.

As always, the point flies so far over your head, it may as well be the space station.

Now wait a second...I thought the shortest distance between 2 POINTs was a straight line.:rofl:

image.php

Forum List

Back