Chicago style thug politics in the auto industry ?

driveby

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2008
First this dickless wonder says stop driving your Toyota's, now they're still gonna hold their feet to the fire ? These are the owners of GM and Chrysler, slight conflict of interest there .......

I sure as fuck trust driving a Toyota more than i trust Obama's policies and budget .....:lol:

WASHINGTON - The Obama administration stepped up the pressure on Toyota Motor Corp on Wednesday to address a range of safety issues as investors and consumers reacted to the deepening crisis for the world's largest automaker.

"Our ... people will hold Toyota's feet to the fire to make sure they are going to do everything they said they were going to do to make the vehicles safe," Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said at an appearance in Washington.

LaHood said he would take the unusual step of calling Toyota President Akio Toyoda to emphasize how seriously the Obama administration is taking investigations into reports of uncontrolled acceleration in Toyota vehicles.

Obama officials step up pressure on Toyota - Autos- msnbc.com

First this dickless wonder says stop driving your Toyota's, now they're still gonna hold their feet to the fire ? These are the owners of GM and Chrysler, slight conflict of interest there .......

I sure as fuck trust driving a Toyota more than i trust Obama's policies and budget .....:lol:

WASHINGTON - The Obama administration stepped up the pressure on Toyota Motor Corp on Wednesday to address a range of safety issues as investors and consumers reacted to the deepening crisis for the world's largest automaker.

"Our ... people will hold Toyota's feet to the fire to make sure they are going to do everything they said they were going to do to make the vehicles safe," Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said at an appearance in Washington.

LaHood said he would take the unusual step of calling Toyota President Akio Toyoda to emphasize how seriously the Obama administration is taking investigations into reports of uncontrolled acceleration in Toyota vehicles.

Yeah...like the manufacturer of the safest vehicles will only react properly because Obama said they have to.

Another crap PR move by the administration to make Obama look like the President of the World.

The move by LaHood, certainly seems like a conflict of interest by an auto manufacturing government on its chief competition.

Yeah...like the manufacturer of the safest vehicles will only react properly because Obama said they have to.

Another crap PR move by the administration to make Obama look like the President of the World.

Yep and they get to demonize and harass their competition........

Yep and they get to demonize and harass their competition........

Hey...if they didnt, then the real owners of the company would. That is pure competition at work.

The first five postings are so very typical of the radical right. It's ALL about Big Bad Obama, and not the fact that Toyota screwed up big time. Somebody in quality control at Toyota is responsible for this, perhaps to cut corners and thus keep its profits high.

The first five postings are so very typical of the radical right. It's ALL about Big Bad Obama, and not the fact that Toyota screwed up big time. Somebody in quality control at Toyota is responsible for this, perhaps to cut corners and thus keep its profits high.

To quote the current chief of staff, that's fucking retarded. My company has several GMC vehicles that had/have problems and have to go back to the dealer, who's holding GMC's feet to the fire ? ........ :cuckoo:

and so is google news? AFP?

AFP: Is US bullying Toyota on recall?

Is US bullying Toyota on recall?
By Mira Oberman (AFP) – 1 day ago

CHICAGO — The US transportation chief's public rebukes of Toyota's handling of a massive safety recall have raised eyebrows, given the US government's major stake in rivals General Motors and Chrysler.

"The optics are terrible because -- and this is what happens when a government owns a company - the two companies that are going to gain the most out of this are General Motors and Chrysler," said Peter Morici, a professor at the University of Maryland's business school....

To quote the current chief of staff, that's fucking retarded. My company has several GMC vehicles that had/have problems and have to go back to the dealer, who's holding GMC's feet to the fire ? ........ :cuckoo:

Were those problems on such a large scale as Toyota's? Any recall usually makes the news, but this is a massive one.

CHICAGO — The US transportation chief's public rebukes of Toyota's handling of a massive safety recall have raised eyebrows, given the US government's major stake in rivals General Motors and Chrysler.

"The optics are terrible because -- and this is what happens when a government owns a company - the two companies that are going to gain the most out of this are General Motors and Chrysler," said Peter Morici, a professor at the University of Maryland's business school....

Your point? Whenever an Obama-gotcha is ripe to go viral, a Google search will turn up all the negative shit first (last posted).

The first five postings are so very typical of the radical right. It's ALL about Big Bad Obama, and not the fact that Toyota scre*ed up big time. Somebody in quality control at Toyota is responsible for this, perhaps to cut corners and thus keep its profits high.

Your point? Whenever an Obama-gotcha is ripe to go viral, a Google search will turn up all the negative shi* first (last posted).

Umm, wasn't a google search. Popped up on financial page.

And your post is typical of the left..... assume the business risked lives for profit.

Were those problems on such a large scale as Toyota's? Any recall usually makes the news, but this is a massive one.

The issue is large scale thanks to their reputation of making top quality cars.....they sell many of them....thus large scale.

And your post is typical of the left..... assume the business risked lives for profit.

Now gee, why would the thought even enter my mind? Could it be because GREED has been the name of the game for the last decade?

Now gee, why would the thought even enter my mind? Could it be because GREED has been the name of the game for the last decade?

I see your point...

But it was only a very smnall percentage of companies that allowed greed to get in the way of ethics.
Most businesses in the US work at a very high level of ethics.

Toyota has en exemplory record....yet you gave them the stigma regardless.

Based on that theory...all Football fans are animals due to the few that toss beer on the folks below.

I do not agree with guilty by association. Ones record is what I judge.

Toyota were already recalling and fixing the problem. This is a PR stunt. See it for what it is.

Toyota were already recalling and fixing the problem. This is a PR stunt. See it for what it is.

Like I said earlier.....

The manufacturer with a reputation of being the safest for years needed Obama to say something so they will do the right thing?

It was a PR move...no doubt....and one I would have used if I were in his shoes......but a PR stunt non the less.

If the government wasn't the owner of Toyota's main competitors, wouldn't have been an issue. Yet, it is, so seems like conflict of interests, way beyond 'appearance of conflict.'

Forum List

Back