Chicago sends Smollett a bill for $130k

Mr. Smollett is going to need the 130k for his Federal Prosecution and fines. Since Smollett falsely tried to pin this crime on President Trump's supporters, the prosecution will go forward on a federal level.

No deals with Chicago state attorneys mean shit in the Federal system. The Illinois governor can't pardon him,

IMHO, mailing Fake WMD through the mail is Terrorism.

It was crushed aspirin... he mailed to himself.

Federal Prosecutors are going to have the same problem Kim Foxx had... a jury pool that will happily let a Celebrity Brother off to stick it in the eye of the man.

Did you all forget the OJ Trial already? We don't convict celebrities of murder, much less penny-ante shit like this.

Why are you glad he got away with a hoax?

Because it's making Right Wing heads explode. Probably the same reason you are glad Trump go away with Russian Collusion.

Doesn’t it bother you he did a disservice to Blacks, gays, and all legitimate hate crime victims.

No, not really. I'll tell you what bothers me. What bothers me is the corrupt ass Chicago PD was actually forced to do their jobs ONCE because a celebrity was involved. In 2017, only 17% of murders were resolved in Chicago, because for a variety of reason, the CPD doesn't care or has such a bad relationship with the community they can't get people to come forward.

Chicago police have solved fewer than 1 in 6 homicides in 2018: report
.......and you and your attitude/etc is one of the reasons the black race is UNDENIABLY a failure and will continue to be

.......and you and your attitude/etc is one of the reasons the black race is UNDENIABLY a failure and will continue to be

Naw, man, I know lots of blacks who are successful despite the systematic racism in this country AND people like you. YOu, on the other hand, seem like a sad little failure trying to blame his failure on others.

do I need to bring out the undeniable proof .....!!???

That you are a failure? We've already established that.

Because it's making Right Wing heads explode. Probably the same reason you are glad Trump go away with Russian Collusion.

Doesn’t it bother you he did a disservice to Blacks, gays, and all legitimate hate crime victims.

No, not really. I'll tell you what bothers me. What bothers me is the corrupt ass Chicago PD was actually forced to do their jobs ONCE because a celebrity was involved. In 2017, only 17% of murders were resolved in Chicago, because for a variety of reason, the CPD doesn't care or has such a bad relationship with the community they can't get people to come forward.

I spent my life believing the issues like the United Negro College Fund's ...A mind is a terrible thing to waste. For justice. What we have for it is games. People who are white males have paid the price of job denial for affirmative action and quotas. So we get this. For decades now. I expected African American me and women to be at the forefront of being scientists with breakthroughs of a better life for all and science accomplishments. And great business people nationally applauded . And great industrialists creating millions of jobs. And even more then that great tech leaders doing the same. For being denied a job by ability in the 1970's and part of the 1980's I have been snookered. China is building naval destroyers at a couple hundred million dollars a copy now while we are going to build a slightly better destroyer designed in the 1980's for 2 billion a copy. Figure it out.

Hes clearly guilty and its fairly clear the obamas interfeared thinking they could get away with it

Cute but no defendant is responsible for paying for the cost of the prosecutions case against him. He can simply say I was innocent, charges dropped. Costs are on ya'll. Cya.

Nope.... If you start a fire and the city has to put it out.... They can absolutely charge you for it. Your just plain wrong.

Jo

Mr. Smollett is going to need the 130k for his Federal Prosecution and fines. Since Smollett falsely tried to pin this crime on President Trump's supporters, the prosecution will go forward on a federal level.

No deals with Chicago state attorneys mean shit in the Federal system. The Illinois governor can't pardon him,

Federal Prosecutors are going to have the same problem Kim Foxx had... a jury pool that will happily let a Celebrity Brother off to stick it in the eye of the man.

Did you all forget the OJ Trial already? We don't convict celebrities of murder, much less penny-ante shit like this.

Getting a change of venue wouldn't be a problem. If the Phony Anthrax Letter went through the mail, there is a good chance it went through less friendly jurisdictions to Smollett's brand of extremism.

Further, this isn't "penny ante shit" at all. Talk to Steve Hatfill whose life was ruined by rogue FBI agents over white powder being sent through the mail. And the whole Smollett case will permanently destroy any future Hate Crime prosecutions, as they will be demonstrated to be phony publicity stunts.

/----/ Now hear this:
Smollett Lawyer: Nigerian Brothers Wore Whiteface!
Mar 28, 2019

RUSH: Have you heard the Smollett business? Have you heard this? Jussie Smollett’s lawyer… Wait ’til you hear this, if you haven’t heard it. Jussie Smollett’s lawyer says that he, Smollett, thought the Nigerian brothers were white because they were wearing makeup. The Nigerian brothers put on whiteface! Smollett thought that they were white!

Smollet has not seen the last of his legal problems, nor have those who gave him celebrity preferential treatment....Michelle’s pal.

Shit is going to get bad.

I'm sure you have the baby oil and kleenex out hoping for that..

But not really.

In a couple weeks, you guys will be on to the next thing Fox News has told you really upsets you. Jussie will continue with his career. Empire (owned by Fox) isn't even firing him because he's boosted the ratings for the show.

Why don’t you want someone to pay for breaking the law?

Seems so weird.

Cute but no defendant is responsible for paying for the cost of the prosecutions case against him. He can simply say I was innocent, charges dropped. Costs are on ya'll. Cya.

Exactly. Smollett is already paying taxes to the State of Illinois, County of Cook and City of Chicago.
Then how do you explain the fact that he is getting sued by Chicago?

But he served community service and paid a $10,000 fine.

Which is probably as good as you guys are going to get.

He as not gotten away with it yet. The state and Feds can still charge him on the grounds it was a hate crime.

Hating Trump and other various orange people, not that there are any more, is politically correct and socially acceptable Children were even allowed to skip class in school as a protest because the Orange man was elected.

In fact, you might say that not having such hatred is not PC.

See, hate is really cool. Who knew?

Smollet has not seen the last of his legal problems, nor have those who gave him celebrity preferential treatment....Michelle’s pal.

Shit is going to get bad.

I'm sure you have the baby oil and kleenex out hoping for that..

But not really.

In a couple weeks, you guys will be on to the next thing Fox News has told you really upsets you. Jussie will continue with his career. Empire (owned by Fox) isn't even firing him because he's boosted the ratings for the show.

Why don’t you want someone to pay for breaking the law?

Seems so weird.

If a couple of honky Trump supporters had been pinched on this case, would they be given the same deal as Mr. Smollett or these Nigerian MF'ers were?

After this was really "penny ante" and Smollett really wasn't hurt?

Of course we both know that if that was the case, the accused would get life imprisonment on Devil's Island, not just for them but also for the parents who raised them

I spent my life believing the issues like the United Negro College Fund's ...A mind is a terrible thing to waste. For justice. What we have for it is games. People who are white males have paid the price of job denial for affirmative action and quotas. So we get this. For decades now. I expected African American me and women to be at the forefront of being scientists with breakthroughs of a better life for all and science accomplishments. And great business people nationally applauded . And great industrialists creating millions of jobs. And even more then that great tech leaders doing the same. For being denied a job by ability in the 1970's and part of the 1980's I have been snookered. China is building naval destroyers at a couple hundred million dollars a copy now while we are going to build a slightly better destroyer designed in the 1980's for 2 billion a copy. Figure it out.

So it's Jussie's fault China is building destroyers in an era where destroyers don't really matter that much?

The thing is, even with Affirmative Action, white males still have it pretty good in this country. Do you know how I know this?

The one thing that changed me from being a pretty conservative guy to a pretty liberal one is when I started encountering age and medical discrimination. Up until that point, in my late 40's, I had it pretty good as a white, straight male.

Now, imagine if I had encountered systematic discrimination pretty much since birth. I'd probably feel a lot different about it.

Yes, blame the cops for the "snitches get stitches" community mindset....

Um. smollett ain't OJ. and the current stink of the whole case makes a jury poll far less sympathetic towards someone trying to game the system.

If a couple of honky Trump supporters had been pinched on this case, would they be given the same deal as Mr. Smollett or these Nigerian MF'ers were?

After this was really "penny ante" and Smollett really wasn't hurt?

Of course we both know that if that was the case, the accused would get life imprisonment on Devil's Island, not just for them but also for the parents who raised them

Um, that's all good and stuff, buddy. But can you cite a case where that actually happened? Because usually when a white person says, "Some black guy did it", it's actually covering up a pretty serious crime, like Susan Smith drowning her kids.
Getting a change of venue wouldn't be a problem. If the Phony Anthrax Letter went through the mail, there is a good chance it went through less friendly jurisdictions to Smollett's brand of extremism.

Further, this isn't "penny ante shit" at all. Talk to Steve Hatfill whose life was ruined by rogue FBI agents over white powder being sent through the mail. And the whole Smollett case will permanently destroy any future Hate Crime prosecutions, as they will be demonstrated to be phony publicity stunts.

Steven Hatfill was involved in a case where ACTUAL Anthrax was sent. To actual people who got sick and some died. Look, man, I know you want the bad gay black man to be guilty of something really bad... but all he's guilty of is being kind of a jerk, which last time I checked, was still okay in America.

Forum List

Back